Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Day 26 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

as this is a work out/get fit/lose weight thread... is there a certain athletes body that you want/aiming for?..
25psneg.jpg

this old dude from the lotrimin commercial.

so pissed....I bruised my bottom rib last weekend during my football game. Quite possibly some of THE worst pain I could ever experience and I've had many a injury. So now all the lifting I've done for the past few months is going down the drain, since I most likely wont be able to go thru my tryout next week...

Anyone here ever have a "bruised" rib?

Originally Posted by Name I Koop

so pissed....I bruised my bottom rib last weekend during my football game. Quite possibly some of THE worst pain I could ever experience and I've had many a injury. So now all the lifting I've done for the past few months is going down the drain, since I most likely wont be able to go thru my tryout next week...

Where do you play football in Toronto in the winter?

You know of any winter flag football leagues I could join?

Rest and time. Bummer dude.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Where do you play football in Toronto in the winter?

You know of any winter flag football leagues I could join?
I play tackle indoor....up by the hoop dome...I know a few indoor touch leagues...nobody seems to run a flag league out here.....

www.UTFLfootball.com <--- run out of the west end
and there is another one run out of the hangar/hoop dome...but it's a smaller league

NPC added a men's "Physique" division

it's basically an aesthetics competition and none of that roided out freak show look.

menphysique.jpg

The RULES & GUIDELINES for MEN’S PHYSIQUE:
Men’s Physique Division
Beginning in 2011 a new division for men will be introduced – Men’s Physique. The following are the guidelines/rules.

Judging Criteria:

* Muscularity and Body Condition
Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.

* Stage Presence and Personality
Contestants will be asked to walk in board shorts (shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer’s logo such as Nike symbol or Billabong are acceptable. Competitors will enter the stage without a shirt and barefoot. No lewd acts are allowed. Example: The moon pose. Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.

COMPETITION JUDGING

Presentation:
* Competitors will walk to the center of the stage alone and perform quarter (1/4) turns with optional pose of hand on hip or hand in pocket, face the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage.

Comparison Round:
* The competitors will be brought back out in a group and directed to do quarter turns
* Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in quarter turns.

Promoters can choose to have one class or two. For contests with two classes:

* Up to including 5’8

I'm tryna lose weight in the stomach area, i got a bit of a belly...would running twice a day (morning and night), crunches and situps daily along with a low carb diet of only chicken, fruits and vegetables get the job done? 
eyes.gif

& if not could someone recommend something.

Anyone goin to the Arnold Sports Festival?

Guy that comes into my gym wrote a book and does natural bodybuilding competitions. Givin me and my boys free passes if we watch his booth for a couple hours
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

I'm tryna lose weight in the stomach area, i got a bit of a belly...would running twice a day (morning and night), crunches and situps daily along with a low carb diet of only chicken, fruits and vegetables get the job done? 
eyes.gif

In all honesty your best bet is to go to bodybuilding.com forums and look through the Losing Fat threads.

Main things -
Calories in < Calories out
Find your maintenance calories and then subtract 500 (should be about 1-2 pounds a week)
Fish oil, multi vitamin, LOTS OF WATER
Eat clean - lean protein, complex carbs, vegetables etc.

That should get you going. You cant lose fat in specific areas of your body and more or less just need to reduce overall body percentage. You need to look down the road, 8-12-16 weeks for noticeable results. Sounds brutal, not that bad. I have dropped 11-12 pounds of pretty much straight fat in the last 35 days. Got 10-15 more to go and I should be good to go for the summer.

Dedication is your best friend and trust me when I say it feels good to weigh in once a week and be less than the week before. Thats all the motivation I need.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

eyes.gif

In all honesty your best bet is to go to bodybuilding.com forums and look through the Losing Fat threads.

Main things -
Calories in < Calories out
Find your maintenance calories and then subtract 500 (should be about 1-2 pounds a week)
Fish oil, multi vitamin, LOTS OF WATER
Eat clean - lean protein, complex carbs, vegetables etc.

That should get you going. You cant lose fat in specific areas of your body and more or less just need to reduce overall body percentage. You need to look down the road, 8-12-16 weeks for noticeable results. Sounds brutal, not that bad. I have dropped 11-12 pounds of pretty much straight fat in the last 35 days. Got 10-15 more to go and I should be good to go for the summer.

Dedication is your best friend and trust me when I say it feels good to weigh in once a week and be less than the week before. Thats all the motivation I need.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom