Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

No more talking in the gym.

More intensity and less time between sets.

Sweat equity
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

im trying to lose around 20-40... im chunky..
so eat fruits and veggies
what is calorie deficit?
do you mean multi vitamins?..
eating habbit is the worst for me... i just dont know what to eat and when..
Eat when you're hungry. Make sure to eat in a caloric deficit. Good snacks are fibrous vegetables(celery, broccoli, etc.) It's all psychological when cutting. As long as you don't give in to the instinct to eat extra, you'll be alright.
I GOT YOU BRO, ive lost 35lbs to date and im not stopping, esp because now im getting numbers at skool
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what you wanna do is not eat a bunch at once, MAKE SURE YOU EAT BREAKFAST, i never knew how important this was until i finally started doing it.

make sure you eat vegetables with your food, example...chicken with veggies, etc.

you dont really have to be on a STRICT diet to lose weight, but you will see results quicker, i cheat no and then and sometimes you have to because you are out with friends or its your bday...

make sure you lift weights and do cardio at the gym, and if your dead tired and burned out rest. but you have to put time into the gym, like i said before i used to weight around 272 or more and now i weigh 232 (im stopping at 205 or 200)

Lastly make sure you take pics....your gnna feel so good when everyone asks you if you have been working out....there is prob no better feeling than being recognized for what you have done with your body, maybe besides the s word
eyes.gif

good luck bro and keep us updated (i know i get to excited about people who go through weight loss)

Ive been binge eating and stopped going to the gym for the past 5 days and I looked at the scales and it seems I've gained 4 pounds. How much do you guys think of that weight gained is fat and water weight?

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

I've lost 18 pounds in 2 weeks just eating less calories than I used to. I've gone from 220 to 202
Bout time for a sig change fam

This semester I've been on my straight school/ gym grind and its paying off in both aspects.. I've been steady bulking for like the last three years but something about this semester has me gaining weight like I was back when I first started... 
#feelsgoodman

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

im about to be in this thread pretty often, i can't do this lazy fallin off, packin pounds and gettin outta shape stuff no more.

one question though, i wanna have my cake and eat it do, what's the best thing to drink on weekends beer wise that won't mess up my working out and dieting routine too much.
henny and diet cherry coke.... miller light 64?... yeah CC i got a lot of money riding on me losing weight... plus i need to look good rocking a maimi heat championship jersey this summer
tongue.gif

ima give those henny and diet cokes a try this weekend.   real @!*%, it's hard changing your eating habits i've failed epicly at that, but yeah get ready for the summer those heat eastern conference champs shirts are gonna sell fast
happy.gif

ABS question PLEASE HELP!!

ok so i work out about 4-5 times a week and have seen tons of results in my strength and also body..EXCEPT with my  abs..im hearing maybe wrapping in saran wrap to cut out layers of fat? but i don't know..does anyone have tips on how i can see more results and more "cuts"???

Originally Posted by Bay Area shoehead

ABS HELP!!!

i have been hitting the gym hard for 2 months now and have been seeing tons of results in my strength and body..EXCEPT my abs!..i have no problem getting reps in but is not seeing the "cuts" which i have been looking for..PLEASE does anyone have tips in how i can see better results?

try lifting heavier weights for your abs, and not so much muscle endurance. Because most people do 100's of crunches when maybe a 3x8 of weighted situps would help alot more, especially if you already have a low enough body weight. Remember your core and abs are muscles as well, so to make them more visible/stronger/bigger you need to increase weight, not reps. hope it works out

ok so i work out about 4-5 times a week and have seen tons of results in my strength and also body..EXCEPT with my  abs..im hearing maybe wrapping in saran wrap to cut out layers of fat? but i don't know..does anyone have tips on how i can see more results and more "cuts"???
Step your cardio/nutrition game up, dawg. Don't listen to the heavy weight non sense.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Step your cardio/nutrition game up, dawg. Don't listen to the heavy weight non sense.
he works out 4-5 times a week, if his nutrition is on point and if his cardio is good, then he SHOULD be seeing results, but if not, then thats why i suggested lifting heavier weights...

i bike/run and burn about 500 calories a day, and my diet is pretty balanced..i dont eat any junk food at all and keep my intake around 2000 calories a day.

I have stopped eating after dinner besides maybe some peanuts/cereal. How much of an impact will this have?

Also, does just a granola bar count as breakfast?

i bike/run and burn about 500 calories a day, and my diet is pretty balanced..i dont eat any junk food at all and keep my intake around 2000 calories a day.You
You sure about that? Not trying to hate.. but something doesn't add up.

I am kinda new to this but I want to get a lil cut for the summer and went to GNC. Saw that they had these two items on the shelf for proteins. Which would be better for my goal (along with a healthy diet)?

4a12563efcd7ffde8c4a76793d936060bbc2af8.jpg

or
a792505e9addbf478c1ab47cefa8854663c04ce.jpg

or
e2835c0fe321d288fe5b8940aa4ac57f06f170a.jpg

yup thats pretty much my workout..lift then do cardio after..all im thinking is maybe i plateaued on my ab workout and maybe i need to switch it up?

yup thats pretty much my workout..lift then do cardio after..all im thinking is maybe i plateaued on my ab workout and maybe i need to switch it up?
or you can try increasing your weight... because muscles will only adapt if you give more weight then its used to, so...you know, if you want to take my suggestion, treat it like a bench press or squat and start increasing weight 
eyes.gif

Likely.

Maybe incorporate deads and variations of squats too. (if you don't already do them)

Anyone care to chime in?

What do people eat for breakfast?

Im running out of ideas/losing interest lol

I usually go for a bowl of oatmeal + PB and 3 boiled eggs, or 6 eggs omelette (4 whole, 2 egg whites), followed by a mutant mass shake. Occasionally i'll eat toast, eggs and like beans.

im about to be in this thread pretty often, i can't do this lazy fallin off, packin pounds and gettin outta shape stuff no more.

one question though, i wanna have my cake and eat it do, what's the best thing to drink on weekends beer wise that won't mess up my working out and dieting routine too much.
henny and diet cherry coke.... miller light 64?... yeah CC i got a lot of money riding on me losing weight... plus i need to look good rocking a maimi heat championship jersey this summer
tongue.gif

ima give those henny and diet cokes a try this weekend.   real @!*%, it's hard changing your eating habits i've failed epicly at that, but yeah get ready for the summer those heat eastern conference champs shirts are gonna sell fast
happy.gif

yes its really hard changing what you are eating, especially if you are drinking with your friends...everyone wants to eat crunchy, greasy fast food... and what happens after that? you pass out...  as a chunky dude, i still treat myself once a week so i dont just quit on my diet... i just do cardio x the day after while watching some games... it makes the workout go by faster... good luck losing weight...

Fat loss in the midsection is the last to go for most men.  This means that you have to get below a certain body fat percentage to see cuts.  No matter how many crunches, ab workouts you do, you won't see ab definition unless you're under a %body fat.

My advice is to keep up with your exercise and diet, and you will see the cuts soon enough.  This type of thing ain't overnight fam.

Originally Posted by I3

I usually go for a bowl of oatmeal + PB and 3 boiled eggs, or 6 eggs omelette (4 whole, 2 egg whites), followed by a mutant mass shake. Occasionally i'll eat toast, eggs and like beans.

Had breakfast for the first time in a long time yesterday. Omlette with veggies
I don't like high(er) carb things in the morning. Makes me tired. Nuts or eggs, maybe milk. Usually nothing

Originally Posted by I3

I don't like high(er) carb things in the morning. Makes me tired. Nuts or eggs, maybe milk. Usually nothing

how do you skip breaking the fast?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by I3

how do you skip breaking the fast?
sick.gif
laugh.gif
I'm just not a breakfast person. I feel tired and less focused when I eat something right when I wake up.

Back
Top Bottom