Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

whats worse is some dude who put pants on with no underwear on.

yea dont ask me how i tend to notice that.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I hate doing bench nowdays. I haven't seen any results in a while and occasionally it hurts my rotator cuff. Still I feel like I shouldn't stop doing it
ohwell.gif

It's frustrating when I can do 3x6 reps with ease but when I add 2,5kg I can't even do 1x6.

All tips/ideas to improve my results are appreciated.
Do you work your core? Cause doing that helped me a lot.

Yeah I do.

Chest workout is like the only thing that hasn't been showing any improvement lately.
Do you happen to have broad shoulders?

I remember sitting in the sauna facing towards the door. And well the door has this huge window on it and outside of it is the bathroom with all the showers and toilets etc. So i was just sitting there and then this old black guy who must have been atleast like 7'2 or sumtin comes from the shower I could see him and I guess he couldn't really see me in the sauna. He stands near in front of the door and starts to wipe his %++ in a motion with his towel with his %++ towards my direction...
sick.gif
smh.gif
x1000.

We got some old dude who straight blow drys his nut sack with one leg up on the counter of the sink like its all cool and the gang.

lol, just read this on the previous page also. These old dudes are habitual line steppers.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

We got some old dude who straight blow drys his nut sack with one leg up on the counter of the sink like its all cool and the gang.

lol, just read this on the previous page also. These old dudes are habitual line steppers.
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

I hate doing bench nowdays. I haven't seen any results in a while and occasionally it hurts my rotator cuff. Still I feel like I shouldn't stop doing it
ohwell.gif

It's frustrating when I can do 3x6 reps with ease but when I add 2,5kg I can't even do 1x6.

Yeah I do.

Chest workout is like the only thing that hasn't been showing any improvement lately.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't say so but what difference does it make?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Going to to a push/pull split next week w/legs having their own day. Any recommendations?
Why not have legs split up too? Deadlifts with pull and squats/lunges with push. Just a thought
...but deadlifts are a quad exercise as well.

I dont know of a good way to make a program with legs on both a push day and a pull day.

So giving legs their own day would be the ideal scenario in this case?

Going to to a push/pull split next week w/legs having their own day. Any recommendations?
Why not have legs split up too? Deadlifts with pull and squats/lunges with push. Just a thought

I dont know of a good way to make a program with legs on both a push day and a pull day.
I know they're technically a quad exercise too but for me at least, I barely use my quads when deadlifting. I can deadlift heavy on say a monday... and on tuesday could squat no problem. As far as I know my deadlift form is pretty spot on... So I really don't think splitting up legs with one day revolving around quads and calfs, and the other day revolving around hams is a bad idea.

ohwell.gif

Yeah I do.

laugh.gif

He asks because your form is probably all wrong.  That or you're using too close of a grip and actually working your triceps more than anything else.

Look online for proper form.  Try out dumbells.  Make sure you're hitting incline.  Always mix it up month to month.

Originally Posted by wiredz3

ohwell.gif

Yeah I do.

laugh.gif

He asks because your form is probably all wrong.  That or you're using too close of a grip and actually working your triceps more than anything else.

Look online for proper form.  Try out dumbells.  Make sure you're hitting incline.  Always mix it up month to month.
My problem might be that I don't lift straight up (I don't know that for a fact but it's a possibility). I'll have to try to pay more attention to keeping my elbows closer to my body and lifting straight up next time. If that doesn't help.. I don't know.

I'm doing incline too.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

I know they're technically a quad exercise too but for me at least, I barely use my quads when deadlifting. I can deadlift heavy on say a monday... and on tuesday could squat no problem. As far as I know my deadlift form is pretty spot on... So I really don't think splitting up legs with one day revolving around quads and calfs, and the other day revolving around hams is a bad idea.
Same here
durden, it's sort of like saying that you shouldn't do chin ups on pull day because they work your chest because chin ups do work your chest to some extent, but it's not a primarily a chest exercise. Similar with deadlifts. As long as you can handle deadlifting and then squatting the day after(or vice versa), I don't see any problem.

I would also think that the volume of training has to be looked at when recommending this. If you're going for high volume, I'd wait before doing this. But if you're doing relatively low volume, you should be alright.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Or the folks that don't even TAKE a shower after working out. I have a few of those creeps at my gym.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Same here
durden, it's sort of like saying that you shouldn't do chin ups on pull day because they work your chest because chin ups do work your chest to some extent, but it's not a primarily a chest exercise. Similar with deadlifts. As long as you can handle deadlifting and then squatting the day after(or vice versa), I don't see any problem.

I would also think that the volume of training has to be looked at when recommending this. If you're going for high volume, I'd wait before doing this. But if you're doing relatively low volume, you should be alright.
Did you mean pull ups?

Even if you can handle it, its still not the most efficient way to do it.  If it works, then it works but I still wouldnt recommend it to someone.

I still dont know of a good way to make a program with a split like that.  It just makes more sense to keep both ant/post. legs on the same day.

Durden7 wrote:

Did you mean pull ups?

Even if you can handle it, its still not the most efficient way to do it.  If it works, then it works but I still wouldnt recommend it to someone.

I still dont know of a good way to make a program with a split like that.  It just makes more sense to keep both ant/post. legs on the same day.

both pull ups and chin ups
Efficient in what way? Some people train more for fun and strength rather than size. I wouldn't see it being a problem there. Obviously it's not ideal for gaining the most strength like powerlifters aim for, but for a regular guy, you don't need that level of strength anyway.

I'm not much of a fan of splitting body parts up and working them separately though.

Thanks for IRONADDICTS.COM I was previously on BB and couldn't get much help. I am 6'1 265, I need to loose about 60lbs over time.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Or the folks that don't even TAKE a shower after working out. I have a few of those creeps at my gym.

I shower at home.

I shower at home.
i shower @ the crib too...

nealraj006 wrote:
Durden7 wrote:

Did you mean pull ups?

both pull ups and chin ups
Efficient in what way? Some people train more for fun and strength rather than size. I wouldn't see it being a problem there. Obviously it's not ideal for gaining the most strength like powerlifters aim for, but for a regular guy, you don't need that level of strength anyway.

I'm not much of a fan of splitting body parts up and working them separately though.

Chin ups dont use the chest, but thats besides the point.

Efficient meaning getting the most out of every exercise.  Those are two important lifts and it just makes more sense to me to do both of them at full strength.

I dont like splitting body parts up either, but I dont see a problem with having a leg day by itself.

Theres no problem doing a straight leg deadlift instead of a standard deadlift though.

I shower at home.
The folks I see workout at 2 PM, so they have to be at work for at least 2 more hours. If you work out away from your job or right before you go home, I understand. But mid-day workout dudes have no excuse.

I shower at home.
The folks I see workout at 2 PM, so they have to be at work for at least 2 more hours. If you work out away from your job or right before you go home, I understand. But mid-day workout dudes have no excuse.
Who said they have work for at least 2 more hours?

Back
Top Bottom