Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

m14 is epistane and m14add in one pill

not the worst thing you could take in terms of legal steroids but both compounds are 17a methylated which can be a real %+%## on the liver

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Yeah, I know about the energy systems already, and I agree with you if you're doing aerobic cardio to do it last.  To me, however, aerobic cardio is a waste of time if weight loss and sports performance is your goal.  So if you're doing anaerobic cardio in addition to resistance training, the order IMO would depend on the individual's goals. 

I still cant get used to the term anaerobic cardio.  It just doesnt seem right to me.
It's an uncommon term, but when you think about doing HIIT, you're not training your body's aerobic systems; you're training the ATP-CP and lactic acid systems (anaerobic), which you probably already know.  

...Depending on how you do interval training.

When you actually break down the terms, it doesnt make sense either.  Anaerobic cardio is training the heart without oxygen.

Do people actually stop walking/running when they do intervals?

Yeah, that's why I said HIIT before, which is anaerobic. I meant "cardio" more in terms of the colloquial term of exercising on a piece of cardio equipment.

Yeah, I know about the energy systems already, and I agree with you if you're doing aerobic cardio to do it last.  To me, however, aerobic cardio is a waste of time if weight loss and sports performance is your goal.  So if you're doing anaerobic cardio in addition to resistance training, the order IMO would depend on the individual's goals. 

I still cant get used to the term anaerobic cardio.  It just doesnt seem right to me.
It's an uncommon term, but when you think about doing HIIT, you're not training your body's aerobic systems; you're training the ATP-CP and lactic acid systems (anaerobic), which you probably already know.  

...Depending on how you do interval training.

When you actually break down the terms, it doesnt make sense either.  Anaerobic cardio is training the heart without oxygen.

Do people actually stop walking/running when they do intervals?

Yeah, that's why I said HIIT before, which is anaerobic. I meant "cardio" more in terms of the colloquial term of exercising on a piece of cardio equipment.

I still believe that HIIT is aerobic.

I gota start working out again...ive gained 10 pounds in the last 1.5 years and its made a major appearance change (ive been told a few times recently)

P90X here i come...again

didn't follow what I said. I looked on the scale... and I gained like 10 lbs went from 151 to 161. Went to the gym today and did the usual monday workout and chilled in the steam room. I'm down to 158. feels good.

Seen this while I was browsing Muscle & Fitness at the Library today:

Day 1

Chest

Incline Dumbbell Press 4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Bench Press (Dumbbells or Barbell)  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Incline Dumbbell Pullover  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Cable Crossovers  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Triceps

Incline Lying Triceps Extension  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Bench Dip  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Smith Machine Bench Press  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Abs

Crunches 4 sets 20 reps each set

Day 2

Legs

Barbell Squats  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Leg Press  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Leg Extensions 4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Leg Curls  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Shoulders

Overhead Dumbbell Press  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Arnold Dumbbell Press  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Machine Lateral Raises  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Assisted Pullups or Dips  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Traps and Neck

Barbell or Dumbbell Shrugs  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Abs

Crunches 4 sets 20 reps each set

Day 3

Back

Bent-Over Rows  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Standing Low Cable Rows  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Lat Pulldowns  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Seated Wide Grip Row  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Assisted Pullups  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Abs

Crunches or Hanging Leg Raises 4 sets 20 reps each sets

Day 4

Biceps

Biceps Incline Dumbbell Curl  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Barbell Curls  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Preacher Curls  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

Forearms

Barbell Reverse Curl 2 sets of 15 and 20 reps

Seated Wrist Curl 2 sets of 15 and 20 reps

Abs

Crunches or Hanging Leg Raises 4 sets of 20 reps

It was actually suppose to be a 6 day workout regimen but I cut it down to 4 days.

They also say to do HIIT on elliptical or treadmill for 1 minute intervals totaling to 20 minutes. Increasing the minute inteverals to 2 then 3 then so forth after every week.

They also gave information on your eating and what you should eat on certain days

Article was on how to lose 10 pounds in a month. 

BTW, I absolutely hate bench pressing with barbells and substitute it with dumbbells. Is that bad? 

Originally Posted by chatta718

just copped some dark matter....i heard it crazy has anybody in here taken it b4 thx

ya texture is on some hair gel status

Flavor is good though

I only had a sample of it, i dont really !%+$ around with carb heavy drinks like that, not for me

But i have heard alot of people that like it tho

lmao...thats that doo gro..lol damn wave thread lol...im askin cuz i used to do the low carb then i lost too much weight hopefully itll work

I'm getting sushi with my girl tonight instead of lifting
smh.gif

As a consolation I got to get in some cardio earlier today though
ohwell.gif

Today's WOD...

Tabata Circuit (20 seconds AMRAP, 10 seconds rest... 8 times)
- Pullups
- Pushups
- Situps
- Rowing (on a rowing machine)
- Squats

Laced Up Jordan, props for posting that. I just signed up for a Muscle & Fitness account today actually, thinking about going through with the $5 a month to get full access.

Quick question, the workout you posted. Do they have information for eating to gain weight, not lose? I'm not looking to gain a lot of wait (maybe a few more pounds), but def. am not looking to lose. If so, can you post it up (or PM me)?

Originally Posted by gatorad3

didn't follow what I said. I looked on the scale... and I gained like 10 lbs went from 151 to 161. Went to the gym today and did the usual monday workout and chilled in the steam room. I'm down to 158. feels good.
all you lost was water weight. You've gained it back by now.

Barely remembered what you said word for word, but you were cutting the calories right? Your body goes into conservation mode when it happens.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Laced Up Jordan, props for posting that. I just signed up for a Muscle & Fitness account today actually, thinking about going through with the $5 a month to get full access.

Quick question, the workout you posted. Do they have information for eating to gain weight, not lose? I'm not looking to gain a lot of wait (maybe a few more pounds), but def. am not looking to lose. If so, can you post it up (or PM me)?

yeah they did actually. I just focused on the lose 10 pounds tho 
laugh.gif

If i remember it was the february or march 2009 one. I'll see if I can get it tomorrow at the library.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Originally Posted by bkmac

yeah they did actually. I just focused on the lose 10 pounds tho 
laugh.gif

If i remember it was the february or march 2009 one. I'll see if I can get it tomorrow at the library.
Appreciate it.

You have an account I'm guessing? Is it worth the $5 a month?

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by gatorad3

all you lost was water weight. You've gained it back by now.

Barely remembered what you said word for word, but you were cutting the calories right? Your body goes into conservation mode when it happens.
Yeah before the binge I was 151 lbs and then the day after I woke up to 161
sick.gif
. Most of it or almost all of that weight gain was water. Its gonna take about a week or less to get back down to my original weight based on past experiences
ohwell.gif

Finally joined the 225-bench press club today. It feels good to have finally made some progress...I was stuck at 215 since October. Thanks to the guys who suggested pylo push-ups and the smith machine speed training. I did two single reps of 225, my goal is to rep it easily sometime during the summer. I dont think that I'll ever get to 3-plates bench but I'll be more than satisfied if I ever get to 250+.

Thanks for the routine Laced up Jordans

I've changed it a bit to suit my needs..
x abs shouldn't be worked every day.
x lifting few reps of heavier weight is more beneficial to building muscle (correct?????)
x removed dumbbell pull overs (from what I understand they are not beneficial???)

Are my assumptions correct?

Can someone critique my Day1 chest/tri: Trying to build muscle and gain strength

Day 1
Chest
Incline Dumbbell Press 3 sets of 8, 8, 5 reps
Bench Press (Barbell) 3 sets of 8, 8, and 5 reps
Bench Press (Dumbbells) 3 sets of 8, 8, 5 reps
Cable Crossovers  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps
Pec Deck Fly (Machine) 3 sets of 8, 8, and 5 reps
Lying flyes (dumbbell) 3 sets of 5, 5, and 5 reps

Triceps
Triceps Overhead Extension  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps
Bench Dip (weighted)  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps
Triceps pull down  4 sets of 8, 8, 12 and 15 reps

A video that EVERYONE should take a look at. I hate having to tell people this day after day. Especially females that are so hell bent on their "weight"

^^ You dont need 2 types of bench press and flys/crossovers in one workout.

Incline Dumbbell
Bench Press barbell
Cable Crossover or dumbbell flys
Then add either decline press, or close-grip bench press whcih will work your tris and inner chest.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

x lifting few reps of heavier weight is more beneficial to building muscle (correct?????)
That's a misconception.  Hypertrophy range is 8-12 reps.

Welp back from sushi now. and i feel fat again
indifferent.gif

on top of that my girl bailed on me and i ended up going with another broad
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom