Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Dont really care for powders but thought you guys may find this useful

FitRx.com has Two 5lb Tubs of Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard protein supplement in a variery of flavors for $66 with free shipping using coupon code ONWINTER.

• Banana Cream
  • Caramel Toffee Fudge
  • Chocolate Malt
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Coffee
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Delicious Strawberry
  • Double Rich Chocolate
  • Extreme Milk Chocolate
  • French Vanilla Creme
  • Mocha Cappuccino
  • Rocky Road
  • Strawberry Banana
  • Tropical Punch
  • Vanilla Chai
  • Vanilla Ice Cream
  • White Chocolate w/ six Free HydroWhey Samples
Anyone else order from them?

That is a VERY good deal.. reviews?
nerd.gif
Yes FITRX ships pretty fast. Usually order on Sunday and I'll have my product by Weds.sometimes Thursday. My only problem with them is theyuse Fedex. When I not at home,they leave my order on my front door instead of the lease office like every other shipping company
mad.gif
White Chocolate
pimp.gif
plus you get Six sample packs of Platinum Hydrowhey

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by Al Audi

http://www.flexonline.com.au/44.html

great article

This breakthrough scientific study shows how to determine optimum recovery time
interesting stuff

what do yo think about that dogpound/dogcrapp (i think its called
laugh.gif
) training , where you bsiacally do the opposite of what this article talks about and work every major uscle group 2x a week?

the theory is these workouts won't be as effective as one with proper rest, but dping it twice without proper rest will lead to more gains than doing it once a week wth it.

i was kinda interested in it but the workouts seem nuts........back and chest the same day, etc. im pretty sure arnold did something like it but he obviously had some chemical help, not sure how a natural dude would fare.....i feel like it would just lead to burning out or injury.

oh and serious mass.....its just a protein blend+maltodextrin, which causes blood sugar spikes, meaning it's like eating a sugar. not good.

These types of studies are extremely misleading although not in an intentional way. The level and experience of the lifter matters immensely when it comes torecovery time and how much stress a lifter's CNS can take. They do mention "experienced male lifters" but in reality "experienced" is avery relative term when it comes to lifting.

Durden no need to come off like a fitness know it all at times i know you knew what he meant. I understand you obviously have more knowledge than the avg joe or even a meathead that is bigger than you but i know you dont laugh at clients you work with now do you?
I gotta say, I agree 100%. You sometimes have a tendency to talk down to people who just don't know yet. Simple joking around is fine, butlike he said, you knew what he meant. Just comes across as arrogant, and reminds me of trainers I've come across who sit there and argue that their oneway of training, as specific as it may be, is the only way anybody should train.

Originally Posted by Joshuatree2192

FitRx.com has Two 5lb Tubs of Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard protein supplement in a variery of flavors for $66 with free shipping using coupon code ONWINTER.

• Banana Cream
  • Caramel Toffee Fudge
  • Chocolate Malt
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Coffee
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Delicious Strawberry
  • Double Rich Chocolate
  • Extreme Milk Chocolate
  • French Vanilla Creme
  • Mocha Cappuccino
  • Rocky Road
  • Strawberry Banana
  • Tropical Punch
  • Vanilla Chai
  • Vanilla Ice Cream

nerd.gif
Yes FITRX ships pretty fast. Usually order on Sunday and I'll have my product by Weds.sometimes Thursday. My only problem with them is they use Fedex. When I not at home,they leave my order on my front door instead of the lease office like every other shipping company
mad.gif
White Chocolate
pimp.gif

Anyone want to recommend some flavors?

Hey everybody, I'm looking for a little bit of help.

Im trying to get in shape by the summer time. I need to lose about 10 pounds or so from my stomach and just add some muscle overall.. I'm 5ft9 and about155ibs.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with a workout schedule. My problem is i can only workout on Sunday, Wed, and Thursday.

I'm about 5'9" also...

A lot of you guys want to cut below 160, 150 even.

Makes me feel fat/too bulky sometimes. Lol, I'm mad insecure, AHHH THE STEREOTYPES ARE TRUEEEEEEEEEEEEEe.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

I'm about 5'9" also...

A lot of you guys want to cut below 160, 150 even.

Makes me feel fat/too bulky sometimes. Lol, I'm mad insecure, AHHH THE STEREOTYPES ARE TRUEEEEEEEEEEEEEe.

haha, well maybe i was wrong in saying i want to lose weight. I want to lose the fat. I don't really want to get bigger though. I dont want the bulky look.

I swear to god I'm never going to gym at 9 am ever again.

I'm not even over exaggerating if I say 2 benches were crowded by the same people for 1h 15min
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by Joshuatree2192

• Banana Cream
  • Caramel Toffee Fudge
  • Chocolate Malt
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Coffee
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Delicious Strawberry
  • Double Rich Chocolate
  • Extreme Milk Chocolate
  • French Vanilla Creme
  • Mocha Cappuccino
  • Rocky Road
  • Strawberry Banana
  • Tropical Punch
  • Vanilla Chai
  • Vanilla Ice Cream

nerd.gif
Yes FITRX ships pretty fast. Usually order on Sunday and I'll have my product by Weds.sometimes Thursday. My only problem with them is they use Fedex. When I not at home,they leave my order on my front door instead of the lease office like every other shipping company
mad.gif
White Chocolate
pimp.gif

Anyone want to recommend some flavors?
Basically, avoid any fruit flavors.

Originally Posted by tedrjr03

Hey everybody, I'm looking for a little bit of help.

Im trying to get in shape by the summer time. I need to lose about 10 pounds or so from my stomach and just add some muscle overall.. I'm 5ft9 and about 155ibs.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with a workout schedule. My problem is i can only workout on Sunday, Wed, and Thursday.
You can't target a specific area to lose weight. You lose fat from all over.

3 days a week is fine if you get to work. I'd personally do 2 muscle groups per day, ie shoulders/legs on Sunday, back/biceps on Wednesday, andchest/triceps on Thursday.

I'd say your goal is about 20% gym time and 80% diet. You can run your heart out and burn 1000 cals and go eat a fatty meal to completely make the runworthless.

anyone have an opinion on how the Tropical Punch flavor tastes like from ON?

i usually stick with chocolate or vanilla when i buy protein but i'd like something different now.

Yo! I need some help.

Ive been working out for a little over 2 years and in the recent months I have finally been able to bench press 100lb. dumbbells.

Problem is Ive hit a plateau and cant push 105lb. dumbbells. I started to rep 100's 4x a set now im up to 12x a set but I cant hit 105's. Is it tomuch strain on my wrists?

Im starting to have the same problem with my regular bench press im stuck maxing out at 275
eyes.gif
(i can add 5lb plates but not 10lb)

Insight?

depends on what part of the lift you're having trouble with.....if it's the lockout phase try 1/4 rep or 1/2 rep bench with like 20 lbs. over your 1RM

if not, try videtaping yourself and fixing any issues with form, trying different chest lifts, and working on triceps since they are part of the lift as well.

How would I go about gaining strength in season whilst minimising the pain with recovery?

For example, if I go 10, 8, 6 squats, it'll take me 3-4 days to recovery. But I can't not go to the gym, so how do I go about minimising the painwhilst still gaining some strength? I was thinking of lifting lighter weights? But wouldn't that hinder the gains?

I basically want to be able to play ball day in day out kind of thing without being sore as much, particularly on the lower body. My upperbody recovers a lotfaster.

I3 wrote:
How would I go about gaining strength in season whilst minimising the pain with recovery?

For example, if I go 10, 8, 6 squats, it'll take me 3-4 days to recovery. But I can't not go to the gym, so how do I go about minimising the pain whilst still gaining some strength? I was thinking of lifting lighter weights? But wouldn't that hinder the gains?

I basically want to be able to play ball day in day out kind of thing without being sore as much, particularly on the lower body. My upperbody recovers a lot faster.

It takes you 3 to 4 days to recover? Thats a long time for a muscle to recover from exercise. I would go lighter with the weights. It wont hinder your gainsbecause currently youre waiting 4 days before youre healthy enough to do the exercise again.

So i lost 60 lbs in the past 2 months, will try to post before and after pics if i find pics of me when i was fat, but my question is, weight training isstarting feb 1st in school for football, and its going to be each day different part, arms,legs,back, etc. so i was wondering after doing this, what can i doin the gym im signed to afterwards, will a lot of cardio reduce me from gaining muscle?

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

I need some help here...

It seems my bench press is being limited by my right shoulder. It really hurts once I start benching at the 80% range or so, and this applies for flat, inclined AND decline bench presses.

For chest I usually start off with 4 working sets of flat bench (10, 10, 8, 6) then do 3 sets of 10 incline bench then 3 sets of 10 decline bench. I usually finish up with a couple of flat flys.

I alternate which bench press I do the 4 working sets of each week, i.e. flat one, then incline the next, etc. etc.

My problem is that my bench isn't limited by my chest at all, rather by my right shoulder.

When I workout shoulders (military press, lateral raises, upright rows, etc.) I feel no pain.

I'm gonna give it a week, lay off the shoulders and try to hit the bench again next monday... if it still hurts should I go see a doctor?

Any tips on getting over this?

(sorry I know this is a lot of information, and it's not terribly well organized)
It's most likely rotator cuff tendinitis (shoulder bursitis) . Lay off the barbell and work with dumbbells for 6-8 weeks. It may either be the barbell (any variation) that's producing the problems for you or specifically the incline/ flat/ decline variation.

How far do you space your hands on the barbell?
Right... that's what I fear. I don't think it's any particular variation of the bench... any of the three will hurt.

Ugh, so dumbbells it is I guess.

I space my hands right where the break in the textured part of the bar is. Approx. two times shoulder width maybe?

Anyone???

I close grip bench press hurts too...
tired.gif

Hey guys, I could use some help. Little bit of background info first, I'm 5' 11", 17 years old, and I weigh about 140-145 lbs. I got a fastmatabolisim and it's hard for me to gain weight. My goal is to gain strength and muscle mass through weightlifting.
I used this site: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.htmlto calculate that I need 2,371 calories per day. How much should I increase that by to make gains? What can I incorporate into my routine? Do I need to makeany dietary/supplemental changes? Should I take the whey in the morning and 30 minutes after working out? How often a week should I incorporate cardio? Thanks

Diet:

Tuna, salmon, chicken, steel cut oats, rice, pasta, multi grain bread, potatoes, peanut butter, fruits and veggies, milk, water, and orange juice

Supplements:

Gold Standard 100% Whey

Considering:

Opti-Men or Mega Men's Sport

Routine:

3 day routine. Each exercise 2-4 sets, reps 5-8.

Back/Bis

back machine
lat machine
preacher bench curl
standing barbell
seated hammer

Chest/Tris

bench press (flat, incline, decline)
triceps - ? (I need some tri exercises)

Legs/Shoulders

?

had a terrible day in the gym.

finished like half my workout and left......and my body felt awful. i was naseuous the whole time and my legs even cramped up when doing chinups (%*$?)

i think it's due to my low-cal diet + me not having eaten enough beforehand.

i was just doing arms stuff though so no big. least important day by far.

Originally Posted by Durden7

I3 wrote:

For example, if I go 10, 8, 6 squats, it'll take me 3-4 days to recovery. But I can't not go to the gym, so how do I go about minimising the pain whilst still gaining some strength? I was thinking of lifting lighter weights? But wouldn't that hinder the gains?

I basically want to be able to play ball day in day out kind of thing without being sore as much, particularly on the lower body. My upperbody recovers a lot faster.

It takes you 3 to 4 days to recover? Thats a long time for a muscle to recover from exercise. I would go lighter with the weights. It wont hinder your gains because currently youre waiting 4 days before youre healthy enough to do the exercise again.

Yeah well for squats its around 3-4 days before I can fully run/jump with no pain. Either my form is terrible or the weight/frequency is too much. Forexample, I usually do squats on a Monday, with a weight that I can do the 10,8,6 then it would take me till about Weds-Thurs to really be healed.

So you reckon lighter weights and more reps? Obviously I dont want to stop completely, but if its hurting me week in week out, then yeah.

I feel like I had a pretty productive day in the gym today...Being that I'm relatively new to lifting, ect I usually keep a log but for some reason today Ivaried from what I usually do and stayed on certain exercises for a few more sets/reps than what I normally plan to do and I gotta say it felt much betteroverall...Maybe I was keeping too much to that log after all.

Originally Posted by JBSB1989

Yo! I need some help.

Ive been working out for a little over 2 years and in the recent months I have finally been able to bench press 100lb. dumbbells.

Problem is Ive hit a plateau and cant push 105lb. dumbbells. I started to rep 100's 4x a set now im up to 12x a set but I cant hit 105's. Is it to much strain on my wrists?

Im starting to have the same problem with my regular bench press im stuck maxing out at 275
eyes.gif
(i can add 5lb plates but not 10lb)

Insight?
How much do you weigh? Do you get help getting the first rep up on DB presses? What's your poundage lay out like for sets ( more like 80,90, 100 or 90, 95, 100?).

Most likely a combination

Back
Top Bottom