Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Truth be told, I never thought it mattered. What meaningful conversation was going to come from Obi-Wan mentioning that he knew the droids when he had no intention of telling Luke about his parents in the near future anyways? Was he going to say hi to the droids? For what? They're machines. Very few people in this franchise treat droids as anything other than machines and Obi-Wan really isn't a character that's ever been much different. Don't remember if it's in the film, but the Revenge of the Sith novelization has him getting on Anakin for being too attatched to R2. I can't even remember any real conversation or interaction Obi-Wan ever had with C3P0 :rofl:

It's not even that Obi Wan should, or shouldn't remember them. It's the pointless decision to tell a story a full 30 years before ANH, and bring those same droids into the films unnecessarily.

There was no reason to have Anakin be the one to create Threepio. It's pretty stupid really. All 3 films could have been done rather easily without those droids, or that connection to Obi Wan at all.

Having to go back and say, oh well, Obi Wan forgot, or oh well, he did remember but acted like he didn't, that's so stupid. Simply don't write the damn droids into 3 movies that take place decades before your original stories and you don't have to explain anything.

It's poor writing and storytelling. Ironically, he created a million new droids, but couldn't think to come up with two different ones to replace his misguided humorous droid sidekicks?

An entire galaxy of planets, and Threepio is going to survive 3 full decades and then get shot out of an escape pod and somehow end up on the farm of the son of his creator? Really? :lol:

Yeah, yeah, you hate the prequels. We know.
I read all that like I wouldn't ever pay that much attention to it cuz indent care.

I don't know how "poor" of storytelling it actually is tbh but hey maybe I'm like most in the movie and don't care about the droids for it to bother me.

If this was an actual person who did the same thing as both droids then it would stick out more.

It was just part of the inconsistencies. It was him making things up as he went along without thought behind it.

And it wasn't just the prequels (Leia makin out with her brother??? :smh: :lol: )

Leia remembering her mother, tho she died during birth.
Ben and the droids.
Ben saying Yoda trained him, then we get Qwi-Gon as his Master.
Ben said he tried to train Anakin on his own, but did we see that? Anakin and him we're firmly set in the Jedi Temple the whole time.

All these things said in 77-80, and somehow cluttered up in the new scripts. Were there no fact checkers?

You guys know the comic origins inside and out and know when something doesn't vibe right in film, same here. I was raised on the "real" version of the OG's, and then the stories got discombobulated.

Some stuff he tied up well, like Ben grabbin the lightsaber, Leia to Alderran, things like that were cool.

Last edited:
Sounds like Han Solo will be pushed back from May 2018 to December 2018.

They did the same thing with ep 8.

Avengers 3 opens early May, so releasing Han in mid-late May only cuts into Disney's own money for Marvel.

And they seem to like milking December money, especially with kids on two week breaks and people taking vacations, holidays etc.

Still, I was hoping to get two films in a 5 month span. :frown:

And since thrawn was in rebels was the thrawn triology canon?

No, not yet. Maybe not ever, too many differences depending on what we find out about Han/Luke/Leia in 8-9.

We'll know more if we ever hear about Mara, or Karrde, Daala, Palleon etc. If they exsist, maybe we can get the Thrawn Trilogy in the fold someday.

It was just part of the inconsistencies. It was him making things up as he went along without thought behind it.

And it wasn't just the prequels (Leia makin out with her brother??? :smh: :lol: )
I think he admits he didn't have everything planned then. He had some detailed and other vague plot points. ANH was a success so he tries to focus on what works for ESB.

Besides as nasty as incest is, that scene was so rushed or badly written and poorly acted its not like it was a romantic kiss or any chemistry with Mark and Carrie. Not even like Han walked in on the kiss to play up the triangle that existed in his head in ROTJ.

So look at it as OG is young unsure George while prequels is don't give a **** George.
Leia remembering her mother, tho she died during birth.
Ben and the droids.
Alzheimer's, all force users have it.
Ben saying Yoda trained him, then we get Qwi-Gon as his Master.
Ben said he tried to train Anakin on his own, but did we see that? Anakin and him we're firmly set in the Jedi Temple the whole time.
Well that's not what the prequels were about. Its not like Lucas ever came out and said everything brought up about the past in the OG will be depicted in the prequels.

Yoda was the head Jedi and took an interest in Anakin for obvious reasons, he dropped some words of wisdom on him. That's enough for Anakin to be calling him master as he did

As for Obi-Wan training there's the obvious implication that happened in the time skip of 10-12 years from ep I to ep II.

I mean c'mon that has to be clear to you. Ep II starts and Obi-Wan and Anakin are a duo mirroring Obi-Wan and Qwi-Gon. And hey maybe Yoda also trained him during that time too.

All these things said in 77-80, and somehow cluttered up in the new scripts. Were there no fact checkers?

You guys know the comic origins inside and out and know when something doesn't vibe right in film, same here. I was raised on the "real" version of the OG's, and then the stories got discombobulated.
Its not quite the same cuz all of those things were said not shown.

Its not as if while Luke was told some things there were flashbacks or a memory image showing what was said. Its chicken and the egg stuff that allows for revelations.

Or maybe since Obi-Wan was lying about Luke's father being Vader in his talk of past events he just decided to lie about everything? :lol: Until he died and confirmed the truth as a force ghost/voice.

If the first issue of Batman was him telling Robin why he became a vigilante and he told us his parents got shot by a thief in an alley only for his origin issue to release (by the same writer) and we find out it was his dad and aunt who got killed in a courtyard and his real mom had died in childbirth it wouldn't be a big deal. Why? Cuz Batman's mom really doesn't mean **** to the story and it doesn't matter if it's crime alley or crime courtyard. End of the day somebody he cared about died indirectly cuz of him to fuel his change.

Plus in comics we get way more of those sort of contradicting retcons to established history. Currently in ALL-STAR Batman there's a Two-Face story revealing Harvey and Bruce knew each other as children cuz they both went to this home for at risk youth. Therefore telling us Harvey knew Bruce was Batman pretty much from the beginning.

Last edited:
Me and my boy were talkin about a Wookie movie the other day. Imagine a movie full of Wookies and no "translator"
laugh.gif
We already have that go watch the holiday special the first 20 minutes is all wookiee dialogue with no subtitles
sick.gif
beat me to the punch 
laugh.gif

I think the line Obi Wan said was "I don't ever remember owning droids"

And technically he didn't own them. So he was right, from a certain point of view
laugh.gif
That Obi-Wan... he's a tricky guy.
Originally Posted by CP1708  
There was no reason to have Anakin be the one to create Threepio. It's pretty stupid really. 
Especially since he is the exact same model as other protocol droids we see walking around in both the OT and PT...
An entire galaxy of planets, and Threepio is going to survive 3 full decades and then get shot out of an escape pod and somehow end up on the farm of the son of his creator? Really?
laugh.gif
It's poetry
classic GL 
laugh.gif

And in Ep. 3 Senator Organa giving 3PO and R2 to a Captain Antilles, but Wedge antillies' appearance in Rebels then doesn't make sense to me. Did I miss something? I know it might not the same Antillies but what are the chances
laugh.gif
Captain Antilles appeared in Episode III, like you mentioned, was at least referred to in Rogue One, and got choked to death by Vader at the beginning of Episode IV.

Wedge Antilles is a fighter pilot in Episodes IV-VI and is a totally different character, despite their same last name. He's already a Rebel pilot when we first meet him in ANH, so it's not too surprising that they would introduce his (new canon) backstory in Rebels.

Last edited:
Heads up people check out your local think geek stores black series lightsabers are on sale for $100 until the 10th I picked up a blue luke today probably going to grab a green luke later this week

According to variety, Woody Harrelson is the top choice to play Han's mentor in the Solo movie.

dumb question, but i'm watching the clone wars animated series according to the chronological order. is the "theatrical release" below the movie (episode 2)? i assume it is, but just wanted to make sure.

View media item 2285780

After reflecting on Rogue One since release and seeing it twice, that movie was damn good.

Force Awakens met my expectations, while Rogue One greatly exceeded them!

Back
Top Bottom