Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sabine's sand line
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I did a double-take there! 

Gonna check it out then.

Been getting into all things Star Wars lately. Finished the Dawn of The Jedi. Started off slow but the series ended great. Like how they depicted the force. Sucks there wont be a continuation.

Rogue One still doin big numbers, should reach 480 million domestic tomorrow and at 914 Worldwide as of right now.

Star Wars owns 4 of the top 10 all time domestic marks. And zero doubt episode 8 will join the party in 11 months.

Unrelated, my daughter has asked me to watch the prequels, so, tonight I put on The Phantom Menace for her.
I will say this, it is beautiful in Blu Ray. It truly is.
The script....... :smh:
I had forgotten Anakin's line where he believes no one can kill a Jedi. Actually liked that.
I loathe, loathe, LOATHE the Counsil being against Anakin because he misses his mother. :stoneface: Get the **** out of here with that. Better reasoning was needed there.
He was "too old" to train, when we just saw Yoda say that about Luke (and then trains him) wut?

My daughter struggled with it, but she actually liked little Anakin. (Which I suppose was the point)

Maul, as always tho :pimp:

It occured to me tho...... Obi Wan washes Maul. He takes on Jango Fett. Takes down Grievous. Murks Anakin.

But gets his *** kicked, twice, by Dokuu. :stoneface: Huh?

We'll watch Attack of the Clones at some point soon, see how that does for me now. (Just now realizing, I had only seen Menace and Clones 2-3 times, tops. I watched Sith multiple times, and of course the OG's + Disney's multiple times each.) First two don't have the replay value as the other 6. (love that soon it will be 7, then 8, then 9 etc etc every year growing :pimp: )

The more I think about Rogue One, the more I realize that this movie was damn near a masterpiece. I feel like it easily outclasses TFA as both a movie and as a Star Wars movie. Literally one of the only complaints I have is about the very last scene.

Hopefully they take some hints for VIII and IX because this was the kind of movie I wanted TFA to be.

The Jedi Council were the worst part of the prequels damn near. I shouldn't finish the trilogy thinking that they were basically asking to be wiped out :lol:

Last edited:
The more I think about Rogue One, the more I realize that this movie was damn near a masterpiece. I feel like it easily outclasses TFA as both a movie and as a Star Wars movie. Literally one of the only complaints I have is about the very last scene.

Hopefully they take some hints for VIII and IX because this was the kind of movie I wanted TFA to be.

The Jedi Council were the worst part of the prequels damn near. I shouldn't finish the trilogy thinking that they were basically asking to be wiped out :lol:

Facts.

Yeah they ****** up making rogue one that ill. If 8 is just some goofy empire rehash they're in trouble.

The Jedi council were bad, a bunch of old, out of touch old coots making poor decisions. Maybe that was the point though to draw parallels to the real world.

Ha. The jedi council were a bunch of beta boys being finessed and manipulated by palpatine. Dude was the ultimate puppet master.

Agreed. I think Rian is going to elevate even more than JJ and Gareth have. I'm expecting a huge leap from 7 to 8.

Facts.

It's so dope especially visually. After watching it a third time I really appreciated Krenic. His beef with Tarkin added more depth to him. I still need to develop a liking for the score though.

It occured to me tho...... Obi Wan washes Maul. He takes on Jango Fett. Takes down Grievous. Murks Anakin.

But gets his *** kicked, twice, by Dokuu.
indifferent.gif
Huh?
It all comes down to matchups. Dooku uses Form II, which is ideal for lightsaber-only combat, and would be tough for any Jedi to beat (even "the Chosen One" was 1 for 2 against Dooku). Obi-Wan's Form III is super defensive and is an ideal matchup against Grievous' multiple arms. The fight vs Jango was basically a draw because Obi-Wan's fighting style isn't offensive enough, and Jango escapes. And Maul? Obi-Wan almost got killed by him, but came away with the W due to Maul's overconfidence and Obi-Wan having a "one with the Force" moment. Actually, the duel with Maul is what caused Obi-Wan to change from Form IV (think Yoda) to Form III.
The Jedi council were bad, a bunch of old, out of touch old coots making poor decisions. Maybe that was the point though to draw parallels to the real world.

Walked by a jewelry store today... 

I mean... who doesn't want a gold version of Luke's lightsaber?!

32065313042_e62117dd29_c.jpg

And for those wondering, that's around US$2000.

Remember in the prequels it's been discussed that council was fighting a battle that they already won. The sith adapted changed their plan and then it was already to late.

im saying how do NONE of the jedi feel palpatine? this guy must have been the greatest force user of all time or the jedi council was a bunch of idiots.

The dark side of the force is unclear and cloudy to the Jedis according to prequel logic. Yoda spoke about it.

im saying how do NONE of the jedi feel palpatine? this guy must have been the greatest force user of all time or the jedi council was a bunch of idiots.
I think I remember reading somewhere that the Jedi Council in Coruscant was built on top of an old Sith Temple, which is why even somebody as powerful as Yoda had a difficult time divining things in that location.

Back
Top Bottom