Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, it'll be interesting how Leia will die in the film.

Unless she dies in VIII?
nerd.gif

It feels like whatever they do, there will be a group that'll be upset...

Off-screen death...

CGI...

Recast...

Tricky.
I think of all these options, recasting is the best option, if her scenes in Episode 9 really can't be erased/re-written. There is certainly no GOOD option, though.
As I previously said, an off screen death will not be accepted by the fans. This is gonna be a lot of pressure on Katheen Kennedy's shoulders. I'm sure they'll do Leia's character right and give her a fitting end though, so I'm not too worried.
Lyra: "Trust the Force." 
smile.gif

Last edited:
Wasn't a fan of CG Leia in Rogue one at all. I tolerated CG Tarkin because it didn't feel hamfisted for the sake of cameo.

I know Disney's in a tough spot here but I say honestly if they NEED Leia in IX, a recast might be the best option.

A recast of older Leia would be horrible.

How did cgi Leia feel hamfisted but Tarkin didn't? But an older cgi Leia will feel hamfisted?

A recast of older Leia would be horrible.

Which is why I said only if they absolutely needed Leia they should do that. A recast and CGI Leia for IX are essentially the same thing, by the way. I would presume that an appropriate deal of CGI would be used on a recasted actress. Carrie can't deliver the lines regardless.

How did cgi Leia feel hamfisted but Tarkin didn't?

Tarkin is integral to the Imperial administration and may well be the second or third-highest authority in the Empire. I'd have been peeved if he wasn't in the movie. CGI or real actor, some interpretation of Tarkin had a legitimate place in Rogue One.

Leia was "let me smile and say the word 'hope' literally seconds after scores of men have been strangled and bisected by Darth Vader! Get it? Because the word 'hope' is in the title of the next chronological movie!" If they were going to do that, involve her properly.

But an older cgi Leia will feel hamfisted?

Never said this tho

Last edited:
Del Toro as Ezra would be fire.

Do we have any leaked pics of Del Toro on set at all?

Last edited:
Finally caught this movie about two nights ago and it is lit!

I like it much more than TFA. That ending with Darth Vader though and leading into Episode IV :wow:

A recast and CGI Leia for IX are essentially the same thing, by the way.
:rofl: Get the **** outta here.

Cgi and recasting are two different things. How the **** is computerized duplicate that isn't actually there basically the same thing as a different person portraying the same character?

I would presume that an appropriate deal of CGI would be used on a recasted actress. Carrie can't deliver the lines regardless.
You lost in the sauce here man.

Recasting is recasting. The Mountain in GoT being 3 different dudes. Daario being 2 different dudes. Cgi for a person that is dead or much older is literally what is used to avoid recasting.

Tarkin is integral to the Imperial administration and may well be the second or third-highest authority in the Empire.
Given how vast the empire is and the imperial army, they could've used anyone to berate that dude throughout the movie.

If Tarkin is integral though how is Leia not when R1 ends shortly before IV?

Never said this tho
So if they have to use Leia why is recasting her better than using a cgi Leia? Especially if they need to use her.

Recasting =/= cgi characters.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think I wouldn't mind a CGI Leia in IX.

Whether or not they adjust the story and write her off quickly, or give her a longer run in the movie. If it's like Tarkin in Rogue One, I'd be okay with it.

Honestly, I think I wouldn't mind a CGI Leia in IX.

Whether or not they adjust the story and write her off quickly, or give her a longer run in the movie. If it's like Tarkin in Rogue One, I'd be okay with it.

Same. I was actually impressed with CGI Tarkin. *Shrug*

Anybody need any specific Black Series or Sideshow/Hot Toys SW figures? Re-doing my mancave and I'm gonna focus on 1:1 and Studio Scale models and these things take up so much space :lol:

Anybody need any specific Black Series or Sideshow/Hot Toys SW figures? Re-doing my mancave and I'm gonna focus on 1:1 and Studio Scale models and these things take up so much space :lol:

Do you have a Boba Fett? Is it unopened?

Back
Top Bottom