Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The looks Rey and Luke give each other should let you know that Luke and Rey are father daughter. There was so much emphasis on that scene there was no way all that was for Rey to meet her uncle or some old Jedi that she thought was a myth. She found her family.

Also the biggest scumbags in the SW universe would be C-3PO and R2, they knew EVERYTHING....

Everything about what? Because remember C-3P0 had his memory wiped at the end of ROTS and was the only one that could actually speak in a language that everyone could understand. (Fun Fact: In the old continuity this became a plot point)
From what I understood, Luke could understand R2 just fine. Didn't need a translator, same way Poe doesn't need one for BB-8.

It's R2 who has never had his memory wiped and weirdly enough, it's this movie where that takes a toll on him.

The looks Rey and Luke give each other should let you know that Luke and Rey are father daughter. There was so much emphasis on that scene there was no way all that was for Rey to meet her uncle or some old Jedi that she thought was a myth. She found her family.

Also the biggest scumbags in the SW universe would be C-3PO and R2, they knew EVERYTHING....

Everything about what? Because remember C-3P0 had his memory wiped at the end of ROTS and was the only one that could actually speak in a language that everyone could understand. (Fun Fact: In the old continuity this became a plot point)
From what I understood, Luke could understand R2 just fine. Didn't need a translator, same way Poe doesn't need one for BB-8.

It's R2 who has never had his memory wiped and weirdly enough, it's this movie where that takes a toll on him.

From my understanding Luke could understand R2 to an extent, but not perfectly like Anakin could. I remember him having a translator in his old X-Wing for what R2 was saying in the previous films. Also vaguely remember the old books and comics having various instances where Luke noted he couldn't perfectly understand everything the droid was saying. Not 100% though.

Last edited:
Well then that's what C3P0 is for since he can translate.

R2 we have to assume says nothing in the OT :lol: He had all the info; Luke Leia is your sister, Vader is your father, etc.

R2 we have to assume says nothing in the OT :lol: He had all the info; Luke Leia is your sister, Vader is your father, etc.

Maybe he was just waiting for the right moment. Those are some pretty large bombshells to be dropping in the middle of a war :lol: "Oh you're training to be a Jedi? Man I remember the time your dad slaughtered a bunch of Jedi children like pigs. Good times."

Last edited:
I believe r2 and 3po had their memories wiped at one time in one of the trilogies probably in rots unless it was said and never went through with

Last edited:
I believe r2 and 3po had their memories wiped at one time in one of the trilogies probably in rots unless it was said and never went through with

Organa said have the protocol droid's mind wiped, but that is only C3PO.

To my knowledge he did not say anything about R2's memory being wiped.

During Revenge of the Sith Bail Organa tells one of his assistances, specifically, to wipe the memory of the "protocol droid", which only includes C3P-0, with the implication then being that R2's was never wiped, at least not while he was with the Organa's.

Last edited:
I will remove these restraints and leave this cell with the door open...

And I'll drop my weapon

Luke found out all of it too but I realized now its noncanon haha

Padmé appears in novels and comics set after the events of the original trilogy as holograms and flashbacks. In Troy Denning's The Joiner King (2005), the first book in the "Dark Nest Trilogy" set 35 years after the events of A New Hope, Luke Skywalker discovers a hologram recorded by R2-D2 of Anakin Skywalker informing Padmé of his vision of her death in childbirth. This is the first time Luke sees his mother.[12] Another hologram discovered in R2-D2 chronicles a conversation between Padmé and Obi-Wan. In this hologram, Luke and Leia hear their mother's name for the first time.[13] In the final novel of the trilogy, The Swarm War, Luke and Leia see their mother's death and their own births.[14]

Last edited:
still cant believe they had rey wash kylo that fast with no training

snoke out here taking an L for picking kylo

they had kylo looking bad *** in the first ten minutes but then he turned into marky mark in the movie fear lol

Kylo got shot with a blaster tho.

I liked how he punched his wound to channel dat pain.

anakin turned evil and his performance was more robotic and was had less personality than a toaster 

does that count? 

that shot near his ribs really hasd to have effected him, and he did just kill his pops too

whats a remember-able line from Kylo? Lately I've been saying "I'll show you the dark side" and my brother is getting annoyed haha

Back
Top Bottom