Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need that Wiz Khalifa ocean gif, watching them has me feeling some type of way :frown:

I forget most of yall think that's Wiz :rofl:

1373672217_image.gif

Wait then who is it? :nerd:
Robert Townsend in the movie The 5 Heartbeats :smokin

I feel like we go over this gif at least once a month :lol:

I havent been following the thread. What are the main complaints about the film?

I've seen it btw, I'm just curious on what folks dont like about it.
Seen the movie 4 times now. Once in 3d, once in 2d and 2 times online.
My biggest complaint of TFA is that wack *** last fight scene. **** was some ********.

You got Kylo Ren using the force all movie long. Chokin people out, stopping blaster rays in mid air, pullin info out of people's minds, rendering Rey unconscious.
Then when it comes time to fight Finn and Rey he completely forgets how to use the force. No Force pull, No Force push, nothing. Just wildly swinging his lightsaber.

There is absolutely no way that Finn should've been able to even defend against Ren in a lightsaber battle. Period.
He could have killed a Finn when their sabers were locked together, with the sabers coming from his hand guard but instead he cuts his shoulder.
Even at the end of their fight, he disarms Finn of the lightsaber, and what does he do next? Kill him? Nope. Use the force and hold him in place? Nope.
He punches him and slices him in the back.

Then with his fight with Rey, I can kinda understand him holding back a little seeing as he was trying to recruit and train her.
But the one point in the fight, where their lightsabers are locked together, she closes her eyes for a full 13 seconds, and he just sits there and watches her.
Then all of the sudden the same sloppy lightsaber moves that she was using before, somehow magically overpower him.

I understand that her her rage gave her some strength, similar to Luke v. Vader when they fought in front of the emperor in RoTJ but that was an even match(skills wise), this was not.
The whole thing was horribly done imo.

There were a few other minor inconsistencies.
Like the fact that Kylo Ren could sense Han Solo when he first landed on Starkiller but couldnt sense him 20 ft away from him before he walked onto the bridge.
Or how the starkiller uses energy from the sun but when they first used it, it was broad *** daylight.
And how many damn turret blasters can you have that pretty much NEVER hit anything its aiming at.
And the stormtroopers were trained since kids but can never seem to hit anybody important, but Han Solo shoots them with one shot. Right on the money everytime.
Also why didnt Ren get the map coordinates when he was already inside Rey's mind before she resisted. He saw her loneliness, saw she was waiting for her family,
saw the island, and her fondness of Han Solo as " the father she never had". Then 5 seconds later she could resist him.

But those things can be overlooked. Overall the movie was great. It will be even better once we understand the bigger picture that this all connects to.
Great visuals, Fantastic score as always, left wanting more, great reveal at the end IMO.
Looking forward to Episode VIII

Last edited:
i dont get all this nitpicking over the last fight. Kylo basically took a grenade to the torso, he's conflicted after offing his dad, he was lowkey toying w/ Finn and he's not as experienced as y'all give him credit for.

I'm mean if we nitpick over things like that, then why in ESB didnt Vader just force choke Luke until he passed out and put him into carbonite??

anyways, Merry Christmas y'all. I'm about to roll deep w/ the fam to catch the earliest IMAX showing Christmas morning. No reserved seats so hopefully we all get decent spots.

Last edited:
It seems like this move will make 1$billion. Should Lucas have sold lucas films for more $??

i dont get all this nitpicking over the last fight. Kylo basically took a grenade to the torso, he's conflicted after offing his dad, he was lowkey toying w/ Finn and he's not as experienced as y'all give him credit for.
Because the last fight scene was THE weakest part of the film hands down.

Also, why is it that Kylo Ren could stop Poe's blaster in mid air, while not expecting it, but faced with the exact same situation ( someone shooting at him unexpectedly) he doesnt stop that one? Kind of inconsistent.

And WHY was he toying with Finn in that fight scene? What is the point of that? He wanted the lightsaber, so instead of taking it, he toys with Finn? That makes absolutely no sense.
And lastly, Yes Kylo Ren was WELL trained. He only had to complete his training. But just because his training wasnt complete does not make him incompetent in the ways of the Force.When Luke left Yoda to save his friends, he also needed to complete his training, but he was already MORE than proficient with a lightsaber.
Ren had to be at a similar point in his training as he already had mastery over telekinesis and other powers that Luke still had little to no training of.

Also we know from that lightsaber training is one of the first things a young Jedi learns as evidenced in Episode I and episode III when the younglings were training.
So yeah, the whole Kylo Ren isnt that well trained excuse is BS.

Last edited:
I havent been following the thread. What are the main complaints about the film?

I've seen it btw, I'm just curious on what folks dont like about it.
Seen the movie 4 times now. Once in 3d, once in 2d and 2 times online.
My biggest complaint of TFA is that wack *** last fight scene. **** was some ********.

You got Kylo Ren using the force all movie long. Chokin people out, stopping blaster rays in mid air, pullin info out of people's minds, rendering Rey unconscious.
Then when it comes time to fight Finn and Rey he completely forgets how to use the force. No Force pull, No Force push, nothing. Just wildly swinging his lightsaber.

There is absolutely no way that Finn should've been able to even defend against Ren in a lightsaber battle. Period.
He could have killed a Finn when their sabers were locked together, with the sabers coming from his hand guard but instead he cuts his shoulder.
Even at the end of their fight, he disarms Finn of the lightsaber, and what does he do next? Kill him? Nope. Use the force and hold him in place? Nope.
He punches him and slices him in the back.

Then with his fight with Rey, I can kinda understand him holding back a little seeing as he was trying to recruit and train her.
But the one point in the fight, where their lightsabers are locked together, she closes her eyes for a full 13 seconds, and he just sits there and watches her.
Then all of the sudden the same sloppy lightsaber moves that she was using before, somehow magically overpower him.

I understand that her her rage gave her some strength, similar to Luke v. Vader when they fought in front of the emperor in RoTJ but that was an even match(skills wise), this was not.
The whole thing was horribly done imo.
Despite watching it 4 times, I've only seen it twice, I'll assume you're aware Kylo got shot in the ribs by Chewbacca and was bleeding out during his fights with Finn and Rey but are putting that aside and saying they still shouldn't have stood a chance?

I mean you couldn't be forgetting that right? That's why I figured Finn was able to defend himself for like a minute at most before getting his spine ripped through. Given he'd be a bit winded after that plus the injury, that's why he wasn't using the force all that much and why Rey beat him. Whether you're Jedi or dark side using the force takes concentration and is usually signaled by a hand gesture. If not it'd be straight up telekinesis with the mind. With a huge wound in your mid section it's pretty hard to concentrate. It's the same reason why in this series after somebody loses a limb they're not using the force all that much anymore.

Last edited:
But he did use the Force BEFORE they start fighting. He tossed Rey 50 feet across the forest into a tree and knocked her unconscious.
That's when Finn started to fight with him.

Last edited:
Because the last fight scene was THE weakest part of the film hands down.

Also, why is it that Kylo Ren could stop Poe's blaster in mid air, while not expecting it, but faced with the exact same situation ( someone shooting at him unexpectedly) he doesnt stop that one? Kind of inconsistent.

And WHY was he toying with Finn in that fight scene? What is the point of that? He wanted the lightsaber, so instead of taking it, he toys with Finn? That makes absolutely no sense.
And lastly, Yes Kylo Ren was WELL trained. He only had to complete his training. But just because his training wasnt complete does not make him incompetent in the ways of the Force.When Luke left Yoda to save his friends, he also needed to complete his training, but he was already MORE than proficient with a lightsaber.
Ren had to be at a similar point in his training as he already had mastery over telekinesis and other powers that Luke still had little to no training of.

Also we know from that lightsaber training is one of the first things a young Jedi learns as evidenced in Episode I and episode III when the younglings were training.
So yeah, the whole Kylo Ren isnt that well trained excuse is BS

He just killed his dad, I think he was lost in that moment.

Its not really BS. Luke doesn't know of the old ways of the Jedi Training. I mean look at his training. He more than likely trained his students on the way of the force before lightsabers but that's just a guess. We won't know if this is truly bs until the next movie or whenever we learn more about Ren, Rey and Luke.

Its not really BS. Luke doesn't know of the old ways of the Jedi Training. I mean look at his training. He more than likely trained his students on the way of the force before lightsabers but that's just a guess. We won't know if this is truly bs until the next movie or whenever we learn more about Ren, Rey and Luke.
I can kinda see that except for the fact that he didnt see Han as his dad anymore, and him killing Han was more of a rite of passage to him.
The only reason I kinda entertain that theory is because he says that he has felt the "call to the light' and asks for Vadar's guidance.

But to me it felt more like he enjoyed it especially since after driving the saber through Han he looks right into his eyes and says "Thank You"

Last edited:

I can kinda see that except for the fact that he didnt see Han as his dad anymore, and him killing Han was more of a rite of passage to him.
The only reason I kinda entertain that theory is because he says that he has felt the "call to the light' and asks for Vadar's guidance.

But to me it felt more like he enjoyed it especially since after driving the saber through Han he looks right into his eyes and says "Thank You"

I didn't say if the moment was a happy or sad one. Just that he was lost in it.

I also think he did feel Han in that room and lead him out to that beam. Why? No clue.

It's not an inconsistency in the movie that kylo is average with a saber. It's just that people expected him to be a bad *** when really he was a spoiled fraud, which makes his character more interesting.

Dude has not had any training for a decade, never is ever in a situation of danger, is surrounded by yes men, has unstable emotions and only uses his lightsaber for intimidation and not actual fighting. If someone asked him about practice he would have given the Allen iverson response

The Han death was telling of how weak kylo was when actually put in a pressure situation. It was his big test to kill his dad and he couldn't do it. It was his father's love and willingness to help his son that allowed him to take the step and kill his pops. Without Han giving him a layup he was too torn to kill him, which is why he said thank you. It wasn't him taking his fathers life, it was his father (unknowingly) giving up his own life. Which makes it so much sadder

But he did use the Force BEFORE they start fighting. He tossed Rey 50 feet across the forest into a tree and knocked her unconscious.
That's when Finn started to fight with him.

Yeah I understand that and I see why you'd complain about that but I kinda took that as his last big use of the force. Once he started fighting Finn that's when he started punching his side to get some pain to stay angry using the dark side to fight cuz although Finn is untrained with a light saber he's still a former storm trooper that has had that training who could get a few good licks in on Kylo who is heavily wounded.

I'm saying he was so hurt from the injury that he got off that one force push and maybe could've done a few more but against someone coming at him with a light saber the focus would then have to switch to sword fighting in that state. Normally he'd be able to do both.

I haven't seen any mention here yet about the sanitation line being a Clerks reference.

Kevin Smith has been quoting Star Wars for years and then a Stormtrooper references Clerks? Pretty funny if it was intentional rather than just a basic joke.

Back
Top Bottom