Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This isn't canon anymore because the only source i can find for it is EU novels but a 'force ghost' is like a middle ground between life and death for Jedi. Purgatory basically, and Obi-Wan tells Luke he can't help him forever. The fact that they were even considering an Yoda force ghost let's you know they threw that **** out the window

This was going around Reddit as Kylo concept art and it's actually not, it's concept art for an Anakin Force Ghost from the art book.

View media item 1841142
"If we see Anakin Skywalker, because he does flow back and forth between Darth Vader and Anakin, let's see him as a character with a dark and light side. The reason Luke is a Whole new entity is because he was the first to acknowledge his own dark side - that it was not separate from him."

This is really interesting because if Anakin's 'soul' is still torn between life & dark in the afterlife then doesn't that paint the redemptive story in a strange new light?

Also that last part is making me feel better about my "Luke was teaching balance between the Dark & Light side at the academy" theory :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:

Yes. Vader was trying to do whatever he could to not kill Luke, whether he really wanted to kill Palpatine I have no idea.

But I don't think he told Luke to strike Vader down. In fact, I think he taunted him to try and kill himself, sending him to the darkside. Goooood, gooooood.
laugh.gif
By telling Luke to take his father place....that means kill that ************...NOW....
laugh.gif

That's how I see it anyway.
I thought it was vader trying to make a power play, convert luke and get rid of the emperor (at the end of ESB)

and in ROTJ the emperor knew that luke was more powerful than vader and the only way for him to fully embrace the darkside was to kill his pops

either way, no rule of 2 

Do we know if Kylo found out that Vader turned back to the good side? If not, Kylo might be legit depressed if/when he finds out :lol:

I did read a theory that he believes Vader was seduced by the good side and that is the reason why he says he will complete Vader's destiny and finish what he started.

Do we know if Kylo found out that Vader turned back to the good side? If not, Kylo might be legit depressed if/when he finds out :lol:

I did read a theory that he believes Vader was seduced by the good side and that is the reason why he says he will complete Vader's destiny and finish what he started.
That's not a theory, it's what JJ has said is true

Kylo makes the distinction between Vader/Anakin. Views Vader as the image of commitment and power while seeing Anakin as weak and held back due to attachments

Last edited:

That look like killa (cam) to me. Don't do it to yourself.

What's wrong with watching the Cam?

My man this is a visual and audio triumph. A cam will strip away the impact of things like Rey in the downed star destroyer or the sound of Kylo's light Saber. Even if you dislike the story, those things are right.

I need the movies to rectify the ineptitude of the jedi though. Stay winning small but losing big as hell.

My man this is a visual and audio triumph. A cam will strip away the impact of things like Rey in the downed star destroyer or the sound of Kylo's light Saber. Even if you dislike the story, those things are right.

I need the movies to rectify the ineptitude of the jedi though. Stay winning small but losing big as hell.

TFA is a movie that deserves your hard earned money and attention in a theater. A cam doesn't do it justice.

this dude is a dead beat dad, chokes out his wife and openly endorses his daughter being a stripper 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I'm curious to see if Felicity Jones can steal back the title of "adorable British girl I would marry" from Ridley. I've been a fan of Jones for awhile so I was thrilled to see her cast in Rogue one.

It's funny, this vid right here reminded me of what Palpatine wanted thru the whole film.

"Soon the Rebellion will be crushed, and Skywalker will be one of us"

As in, 3.

Very next film Lucas says there can be only 2. :lol:

He had another line where he says Skywalker will join us, or die. So I don't think he was trying to replace Vader, he wanted to ADD Luke.

Holes like that are part of why the prequels died before they even got started. |I
In RotJ, I always took it as Sidious wanting Luke to kill Vader.

Any time Luke was thinking of killing him, he was egging it on like yes give in to the dark side. It was like the attempt alone would be Luke crossing that line and Sidious knew all along Luke was not skilled enough to actually defeat him (even though Vader just through him down a SW bottomless fall) so there'd still just be 2 Sith.

I love the final scene in RotJ :pimp: Sidious was all the way on point with his menacing trolling :lol:

It's funny, this vid right here reminded me of what Palpatine wanted thru the whole film.

"Soon the Rebellion will be crushed, and Skywalker will be one of us"

As in, 3.

Very next film Lucas says there can be only 2. :lol:

He had another line where he says Skywalker will join us, or die. So I don't think he was trying to replace Vader, he wanted to ADD Luke.

Holes like that are part of why the prequels died before they even got started. |I
But didn't Vader tell Luke to join him so they could destroy the Emperor?

And the Emperor told Luke to destroy his father so he could take his place?
Vader never does say the lets take out the Emperor part but he was on some join me and we can be father and son ruling the galaxy.

Even though I wish Vader was on some plotting to take down Sidious and become the new Emperor that's not really there in the movies and it goes against him getting redemption in the end but I took what he said as if Luke had joined him in ESB, he would be Vader's apprentice and technically not Sith yet. It'd take some time before he'd earn the title of Sith Lord.

More and more Kylo sounds like a beta emo boy.

Like lame white guy mass shooter status.

Last edited:

I'm curious to see if Felicity Jones can steal back the title of "adorable British girl I would marry" from Ridley. I've been a fan of Jones for awhile so I was thrilled to see her cast in Rogue one.
I am a HUGE fan of what they did in TFA and the character of Rey

but making two straight movies with a girl protagonist kind of makes me want Finn to have been the main character

or a better idea would be for a black actor to lead rogue one since I do agree that the core story should stay with the skywalker family 

The apprentice is ALWAYS scheming on the master :lol: the rule of two is stupid. Most Sith Lords had secret apprentice in the background in the EU (not canon, but still) and during the Clone Wars Maul had an apprentice at the same time Palpatine was running around with Dooku (I think that's his apprentice at the time idk)

Guess Sith don't follow rules :lol:

Last edited:
Ren held his lightsaber, poised to strike. "I could kill you right now. But there is another way." Breathing hard, Rey looked up in disgust at the man looming above her. "You're a monster."

"No. You need a teacher." He was beseeching and insistent all at once. "I can show you the ways of the Force."

Kill him, a voice inside her head said. It was amorphous, unidentifiable, raw. Pure vengeful emotion. So easy, she told herself. So quick.

She recoiled from it. From the dark side.

Snoke sensed ol' boy tryna plot on him and told Rey to cancel his *** :rofl:

I am a HUGE fan of what they did in TFA and the character of Rey

but making two straight movies with a girl protagonist kind of makes me want Finn to have been the main character
It's funny that there's really never any problem if a franchise has multiple movies with a male protagonist.

Vader never does say the lets take out the Emperor part but he was on some join me and we can be father and son ruling the galaxy.
Exactly. Father and Son....Not Palpatine included... I felt that it was implied from my perspective
I assumed or didn't take in to consideration he was aiming to oust Sidious then on my initial watches. It was only getting to RotJ that I was hoping that Vader was plotting on the emperor but it's clear in RotJ he wasn't.

But I can see how you took it that way in ESB. He made it sound so grand and was talking with pride.
The apprentice is ALWAYS scheming on the master :lol: the rule of two is stupid. Most Sith Lords had secret apprentice in the background in the EU (not canon, but still) and during the Clone Wars Maul had an apprentice at the same time Palpatine was running around with Dooku (I think that's his apprentice at the time idk)

Guess Sith don't follow rules :lol:
That's the whole point. CP highlighted it in a post replying to me. The Sith are constantly backstabbing each other to be in charge while at the same time they're also fighting the Jedi. When warring with the Jedi they never call a truce among themselves. It's straight up Game of Thrones with the Sith.

So I guess some wise old Sith noticed that and when he was like the last Sith left, moving forward he created the rule of 2 (from brief searching online this was Darth Bane but this is no longer canon).

Palpatine/Sidious has shown to be the smartest and most cunning of the Sith thus far. Killed Plageuis (his master right?), was using Maul, Dooku, and whoever else as apprentices that he was always planning on killing after they outlived their usefulness. That's one thing that matches up from the PT to ep IV. It was the one cool thing to watch dude pull strings on both sides. Every command as Sidious to the Trade Federation and his apprentice(s) help gain Palpatine more power.

Last edited:
It's funny that there's really never any problem if a franchise has multiple movies with a male protagonist.

not really funny just star wars has always had a male lead

you wont see the hunger games have a male lead

with the switch disney is trying to capitalize off that hunger games fanbase

i must admit seeing a female pilot in an xwing and engage in battle was quite a cuture shock considering the previous 6 films never had a female pilot in battle

and they really made phasma look weak. i was expecting some bad ***

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom