Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well it looks like he's on board as executive producer and creative consultant.

Why would he these past three years have been stressful

Continuity of a beloved franchise and story that he did an excellent job bringing back into relevance for a new generation? I can see how he would get burnt out however, so it's all good.

From what I've read on Rian Johnson though, it seems like Episode 8 is in good hands.

Last edited:

Why would he these past three years have been stressful

Continuity of a beloved franchise and story that he did an excellent job bringing back into relevance for a new generation? I can see how he would get burnt out however, so it's all good.

From what I've read on Rian Johnson though, it seems like Episode 8 is in good hands.

Yeah, JJ served up Ep. VIII to Rian on a silver platter. I hate being cliche and mentioning ESB like everybody else, but with the main people already introduced, I just don't see how this second act of this new trilogy can not be better than TFA.

JJ recently said the script for Episode VIII is so good he wishes he was directing it, so that's a pretty exciting.

I completely understand him not wanting to continue on as a director. There would be virtually no break between the two movies, so having to do all of the heavy lifting to get this franchise back up and running and THEN having to go right into filming a new one is a huge commitment. 

I'm a little bummed because I do like JJ's style and approach, however I am hoping they can carry over all of the great things from this one, the practical effects, the great chemistry between actors, etc., but be willing to do something different with the sequel. JJ did as good of a job as anyone could have hoped for, but I think if he was helming VIII we would be guaranteed to see ESB Part II. I'm sure it will have some of the same beats, but with Rian Johnson I think we have a better chance of seeing something different.

It would be a cool way of connecting movies and filling in backstory if we get to meet a 25-30 year old version of max von sydow's character in rogue one 
I'm kind of hoping and expecting that.

But I thought that Disney wanted the OT feel back,Different Director each three movies.

Last edited:

"When a ruthless prince rises to power and threatens galactic peace, a defected soldier, an uncongenial scavenger, and a hot shot pilot find their fates intertwined as they embark on a journey to find the most powerful warrior in the galaxy."
A lil more info would be appreciated
laugh.gif
Adam Driver plays Kylo Ren whos basically the goth dude in a cult who googles how to make pipe bombs and lightsabers because his school/galaxy is too suburban for his liking. Hes got posters of Darth Vader all over his room and wants to be just like him so he stirs **** up in the galaxy.

meanwhile finn has a deadend job as a stormtrooper with asthma and dude has just had enough so he literally jumps off a plane but doesnt kill himself. But its not that easy to leave said job so they chase his *** around where he runs into a homeless hipster girl named Rey who (shocker) doesnt know who her parents are (drunk trying to be too cool dad played by harrison ford) ,galavants through the williamsburg parts of the galaxy. 

they all run into each other including the dbag from high school who became a pilot because he knew someone to get him in. and they try to find this mystical jedi named luke skywalker whos just washed up crying in his secret lair listening to journey until they show up and give him his lightsaber and he wants to go save the world again.

at least thats what i got from it.
laugh.gif
 i posted this in September. i dunno how i came up with it though...

But I thought that Disney wanted the OT feel back,Different Director each three movies.

I hadn't read that, but you're right and that looks like the direction they're going in. I think the hardest part was building a good foundation and JJ did just that as jaypesoz jaypesoz mentioned; Episode 8 should be flames :pimp:

This entire trilogy should be flames when it's all said and done.

Last edited:
:lol:  i posted this in September. i dunno how i came up with it though...
"The Force Awakens" wasn't just in the movie, the actual Force has been awakened in the real world thus allowing you predict major plot points in a comical manner without even reading the near full script that was leaked 6 months ago.

May the force be with you.

Last edited:

I hadn't read that, but you're right and that looks like the direction they're going in. I think the hardest part was building a good foundation and JJ did just that as @JayPesoz mentioned; Episode 8 should be flames
pimp.gif

it would be dope if they somehow made the 3rd movie (9) the best of the 3 for the first time in pretty much the history of movies lol.

like the sequals are rarely better than the first with very few exceptions..ie probably Star Wars, Godfather...maaaaaybe home alone.

but you NEVER hear how the third movie is the best of the bunch. would be pretty cool

Last edited:
amarano amarano

That's a good point and would be awesome. They have a lot to work with so maybe it will come to fruition. Regardless of whatever they do, I just hope Captain Phasma eventually gets like 1 kill under her belt or something worth noting :lol:

I hadn't read that, but you're right and that looks like the direction they're going in. I think the hardest part was building a good foundation and JJ did just that as [@=https://niketalk.com/members/38137"media, 1840221"][/GALLERY]

Imagine a scene of the force ghosts of Qui-Gon, Kenobi, Yoda, and Anakin come out to attack First Order Army? Excuse my nerd brain :lol:

I hadn't read that, but you're right and that looks like the direction they're going in. I think the hardest part was building a good foundation and JJ did just that as [@=/u/38137/JayPesoz]@JayPesoz[/@] mentioned; Episode 8 should be flames :pimp:

it would be dope if they somehow made the 3rd movie (9) the best of the 3 for the first time in pretty much the history of movies lol.

like the sequals are rarely better than the first with very few exceptions..ie probably Star Wars, Godfather...maaaaaybe home alone.

but you NEVER hear how the third movie is the best of the bunch. would be pretty cool
Return of the King

Going to see it for a 3rd time this weekend. Last time, when the Han/Kylo scene happened, a girl in the audience screamed louder than Chewie and started crying right there in the theater :lol:

My girl had never seen any of the Star Wars movies but she really liked it. The biggest surprise to her were that the Stormtroopers were people :rofl:

Wait, JJ isn't on board for Episode VIII :nerd: :smh:
Only as producer. He'll be in the writer's room but Rian is writing that too.

Somebody said earlier they're copying the OT in that there were 3 different directors for that.

My girl had never seen any of the Star Wars movies but she really liked it. The biggest surprise to her were that the Stormtroopers were people :rofl:
:lol: She thought this whole time they were robots/aliens or something?

Last edited:
Is there any backstory on why JJ Abrams isn't directing episode VIII? And is the same person who is directing episode VIII directing IX? Also, is JJ writing either sequel or just on as a producer?

Also does anyone recommend and novels or comic books to fill in what happened between Return of the Jedi and force awakens?

Not sure if posted before, but someone should hire these guys to choreograph future fights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom