Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think him taking ls and being a tragic character for now as well as being a bit awkward makes sense. He's a stormtrooper raised as one from childhood with no sense of the world outside his unit. Plus there's a reason ren senses him in the beginning.

Last edited:
I think Finn was more impressive than people think. He CHOSE to leave the New Order. Literally taking off his Stormtrooper uniform.

He chose to save Poe.

He helped Rey at every turn. No thought to his own safety.

And he stood toe to toe with Kylo Ren, with a light saber, and lived to tell about it.

Finn had a good first story. And he still could become Force sensitive down the line. This could just be them slow playing us.

Yep, he had the most unique story in the movie. He stole the movie IMO. There is too much we don't know about him for this to be the end of the line. 

He has to have some kinda powers, that's some next level simpin' :lol:   Dude went from being a garbage man to being the only storm trooper in the universe with good aim.

Right?!

In this movie embodied Luke, Han and Leia in some fashion :lol:

I was a little upset at his role when I first saw the film for all the same reasons Osh posted. After I saw it again I grew to love his character.

If he is force sensitive and gets Rey at the end of the trilogy then he probably replaces my avatar.

The movie made a fan out of me. Appreciated that it was easy to follow considering I didn't know anything about the older movies outside of who Luke was, who Leia was, who Han Solo and Chewbacca was, and that Darth Vader was Luke's dad :rofl:

They casted the lead roles well to me. Rey and Finn were both extremely likeable and had great chemistry from the jump.

Finn was hilarious the whole movie and chick played the alpha chick badass kinda well. Little girls everywhere will like her.

I'll try my best to make opening day for the sequel.

Last edited:
Is it weird that we don't see force powers used more often in duels? The only times i can really think of them coming into play are Dooku/Yoda & Vader/Luke ESB

watched it last night and I was really impressed with all of the new characters. only issue is I felt like they severely underused phasma and poe. I think the Finn character will evolve into a badass that will have another showdown with Kylo ren

I think the movie made it pretty clear that Rey is going to have the alpha role.

Finn is going to be the woman in the relationship.

Ain't a bad thing. Let females get their shine. Finn is the comic relief with a heart of gold and dude who plays him is good at it.

Last edited:
I'm see the logic.

I see it, but as time is going on I get angrier and angeri maaan. Hopefully I'll feel better about it in the morning.

but it feels like I got bait and switched, into thinking I was finally going to get black hero in Star Wars I was hype, instead I got a liar/coward who eventually does the right thing. not heroic at all. I'm reading your posts trying to convince myself but I just can't right now. :lol:

Probably harder for you because you came in with expectations for Finn.

I came in with no expectations at all. Was curious about the movie and that's it.

The way Finn was portrayed sits well with me. I really like the guy lol.

Thought it was hilarious when Rey was being mugged for the droid. I thought Finn was going to do the alpha male thing, swoop in and wash everyone. Then she kicks everyone's *** and runs after him :rofl:

Last edited:

I came in with no expectations at all. Was curious about the movie and that's it.

You're probaably right

If they didn't bait and swithc me with the marketing making you think Finn is a Jedi I would be as heated as I am now. because I right now I'm angry. (fanboy anger not real anger):lol:

I took my 10 year old cousins, 1 boy 1 girl, I asked them who their favorite characters was, what'd they say.

GIRL: REY!!

BOY: ....thinks....thinks...Probabaly Han Solo or BB-8

niether said Finn.

Honestly the I think 90% of the reason people like Finn more than logic dicates they should is becuase of Jon Boyega's inherent likability, charisma as an actor, I think that Kid is a movie star and I have since attack the block, becuase imo Finn isn't a great character it's saved by Boyega.

Last edited:
Naw. Finn was a blast. I probably like him better than Rey.

Chick who played Rey was great, acting wise, but for someone who's supposed to become a Jedi she's not the most graceful person. I would be surprised if she had some kind of athletic background, cuz I don't see it.

They did bait and switch you, but to protect Rey's reveal.

We alllllllllllllll thought Finn was gonna become the Jedi hero. No one saw Rey coming. Which is good.

But doesn't mean that Finn can't become Han, or Fett level bad *** if he doesn't have Jedi ability.

Man nobody wants finn action figures. Thats all you see in stores these things are gonna hit the dollar store when its all said and done

Naw. Finn was a blast. I probably like him better than Rey.

Chick who played Rey was great, acting wise, but for someone who's supposed to become a Jedi she's not the most graceful person. I would be surprised if she had some kind of athletic background, cuz I don't see it.
Yeah the fight with Kylo looked especially bad

You're probaably right

If they didn't bait and swithc me with the marketing making you think Finn is a Jedi I would be as heated as I am now. because I right now I'm angry. (fanboy anger not real anger):lol:

I took my 10 year old cousins, 1 boy 1 girl, I asked them who their favorite characters was, what'd they say.

GIRL: REY!!

BOY: ....thinks....thinks...Probabaly Han Solo or BB-8

niether said Finn.

Honestly the I think 90% of the reason people like Finn more than logic dicates they should is becuase of Jon Boyega's inherent likability, charisma as an actor, I think that Kid is a movie star and I have since attack the block, becuase imo Finn isn't a great character it's saved by Boyega.
How is Finn not a good character. He has background, motivations, like ability and he's the Everyman who gets swept up into this situation. He's a mix between Han and Luke with a little bit more comedic flare

Rey isn't a good character. In the sense that she's too perfect and is essentially the chosen one and the character is written lazily. I'm all for having a strong female lead but at least put some effort into making the character interesting. And that doesn't mean making her great at everything without any explanation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom