Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There wasn't the secrecy or fandom for the Star Trek reboot either tho. This is whole 'nother level for him.

Yo CP I want to buy all 6 movies, should I buy the complete saga pack or the two sets of 3? Is there a difference?

The Saga set gives you more. I believe they are roughly the same price now, but there is more information and booklets and such in the Saga pack, which I think is down to like 80 bucks or so.

The sep trilogies just have behind the scenes stuff, but not much else. Unless they are like 20-25 bucks each, and save you 30-40 bucks, I would stick with the complete Saga pack, it's cleaner, and has more stuff inside. (which, if you are like me, you'll never watch anyway, but you COULD. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Bonus Features from the Saga pack

Same as Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy (Episodes I-III) [Blu-ray] and Star Wars: The Original Trilogy (Episodes IV-VI) [Blu-ray] plus:
New! Star Wars Archives, Episodes IV-VI: Includes deleted, extended and alternate scenes; prop, maquette and costume turnarounds; matte paintings and concept art; supplementary interviews with cast and crew; and more

Star Wars Documentaries: NEW! Star Warriors (2007, Color, Apx. 84 Minutes)

NEW! A Conversation with the Masters: The Empire Strikes Back 30 Years Later (2010, Color, Apx. 25 Minutes)

NEW! Star Wars Spoofs (2011, Color, Apx. 91 Minutes)

The Making of Star Wars (1977, Color, Apx. 49 Minutes)

The Empire Strikes Back: SPFX (1980, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes)

Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi (1983, Color, Apx. 48 Minutes)

Anatomy of a Dewback (1997, Color, Apx. 26 Minutes)

Star Wars Tech (2007, Color, Apx. 46 Minutes)

The ONLY complaint I have on the Saga pack is simple, very very simple. It does not have the Theatrical Release. :stoneface:

6 Blu Ray movies, and all of them are altered. :smh: I hate you George Lucas, because I know in 5 years you will release another Saga Blu Ray pack, WITH the Theatrical Release, and I'll have to buy that **** too. You ****** *** hole.

:lol:

Things are picking up fast.......

“Chronicle” and “Fantastic Four”-helmer Josh Trank will direct a standalone “Star Wars” movie, Lucasfilm and Disney have announced.

The subject of the movie has not been revealed, but would feature characters from the “Star Wars” universe and not be part of the upcoming trilogy, starting with next year’s “Star Wars: Episode VII” that J.J. Abrams is currently helming.

Trank’s deal follows Lucasfilm’s hiring of “Godzilla”-director Gareth Edwards to helm a separate standalone “Star Wars” adventure.

Disney has previously said it wants to release a new “Star Wars” film every year, following “Star Wars: Episode VII,” out Dec. 18, 2015. Last month, Disney chief Bob Iger said the company and Lucasfilm plan to produce three more films and “at least” three spinoffs over the next decade.

“We’re thrilled to welcome Josh into the family,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “He is such an incredible talent and has a great imagination and sense of innovation. That makes him perfectly suited to Star Wars, and for this new slate of movies that reach beyond the core characters and storylines of Episodes I through IX.”

“The magic of the ‘Star Wars’ universe defined my entire childhood,” Trank said. “The opportunity to expand on that experience for future generations is the most incredible dream of all time.”

Trank is currently lensing “The Fantastic Four” for 20th Century Fox, scheduled to be released on June 19, 2015, with a sequel set for July 14, 2017. Film stars Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, Jamie Bell and Miles Teller.

Trank is repped by WME and Management 360.

That means already TWO standalone films are in development, while 7 is still going on. :pimp:

If only they hadn't ruined the EU I'd be thrilled to death right now. :smh: :lol:

Wish they would understand that that magic they are talking about will die if they go star wars overkill mode

Wish they would understand that that magic they are talking about will die if they go star wars overkill mode

Is the Marvel comic book movieverse dying? They put out 2-3 films a year now.

This is 1 per year, and completely different sets of eras and characters, no possible to overload anything. They could do 2 movies a year, and not overload.

If every movie to come out centers around Jedi then yeah the magic will fizzle out.

But if they go

Star Wars: Orgins Boba Fett

Star Wars: Orgins Han Solo

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Star Wars: The Dark Times

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: Lord Vader

Star Wars: Clone Troopers

Star Wars: Scoundrels

You know mix it up a bit, I'll think everything will be fine. None of those movies would be like the other, and that doesn't even include the Sequel trilogy. Marvel releases 3+ movies a year in their universe and most people are fine with it because they all feature vastly different characters and plots. Heck, how many people are tired of James Bond movies :lol: Those still make hundreds of millions and have great ones drop every so often.

And Kathleen Kennedy also said this in the press release
That makes him perfectly suited to Star Wars, and for this new slate of movies that reach beyond the core characters and storylines of Episodes I through IX .
Some of these standalones will center around people and storyline we've never heard of, that'll keep them fresh.

If George Lucas was still in charge I'd be worried, because then every Star Wars movie to come would be a Jedi fest.

But then again, if George was still in charge, we'd probably have no new movies :lol:

Last edited:
BpQQoOeCEAEIawu.jpg

Dude looks great.

With all this Star Wars material coming out, I feel like Tom Hanks in In Castaway when he gets back & everyone leaves his hotel room where he's left with all the food... I'm so used to having nothing & not sure I can handle all this new stuff... :D :x

Not all that worried about Harrison, it is what it is with him. He'll turn out a good performance I think. I was worried about Fisher, but she seems to be the most enthusiastic about Episode VII.

She looks good now too.

1b853edc_o.jpeg

From last weekend.

Her voice is :x though.

Although, she voiced Leia for the new Star Tours ride and sounded perfect, so hopefully movie magic can take care of that. Because she sounds horrible :lol:

Last edited:
Not all that worried about Harrison, it is what it is with him. He'll turn out a good performance I think. I was worried about Fisher, but she seems to be the most enthusiastic about Episode VII.

She looks good now too.

1b853edc_o.jpeg

From last weekend.

Although, she voiced Leia for the new Star Tours ride and sounded perfect, so hopefully movie magic can take care of that. Because she sounds horrible :lol:
Don't doubt that studio magic. They'll tpain the hell out of her voice in post production

Wait so do we know what the plot is of VII is?

Nope :smh:

Only know that it features 3 young leads, the old trio obviously and takes place 35 years after ROTJ. And that the Millennium Falcon is in it :lol:

Hamill did this interview on Episode VII back in the 80's, but of course Lucas probably changed his mind about the plot a thousand times since then

[Video][/Video]

Last edited:

She looks good now too.

1b853edc_o.jpeg

From last weekend.

That don't look like Carrie Fisher........ :lol: You sure that's the right pic?

If that is her, then yeah, she'll look fine.

So help me if they don't Jedi her because, EU. :smh:

Yeah that's her :lol:

[Video][/Video]

Episode 6 and even 5 to a smaller extent was definitive in showing that Leia could eventually/use the force
Luke: If I don't make it back, you're the only hope for the Alliance.

Princess Leia: Luke, don't talk that way. You have a power I don't understand and could never have.

Luke: You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have . The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And... my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Leia.

Princess Leia: I know. Somehow, I've always known.

I'll walk out the theater if Leia isn't a Jedi. Semi Srs.

Last edited:
Damn, her voice is going to need a lot of CGI. :lol: :lol: :lol:

See, but I want EU Leia now. I want THAT Leia. The one who becomes Vader's daughter. :pimp:

If they have her still tinkering with a lightsaber, or whispering to her brother from far away, I'm gonna be furious. They have to get Leia right.

Luke's a badass, we know that'll happen. No worries there. Han will be Han, cuz Harrison. But if they weaken Leia, they've already failed.

I actually didn't like EU Leia. Never made sense to me how she wasn't a master.

See, I lean the other way. I liked that she didn’t want the Master title, she just was, what she was. A bad *** Jedi. She ain’t need the title to go with it.

Darth Maul was a Sith, he didn’t need to be Master Sith for everyone to know he was a bad mutha.

Leia stepped down as Chief of State. She didn’t want politics getting in the way of what was right. In the end, everything she and Han ever did what was right, what needed to be done, legal, or illegal. Whatever benefitted billions of people, that’s what they did.

She didn’t need the title of Master to prove she was just as powerful as anyone else. In a fight, she was who you wanted with you. She also had her brother as a Master, and if something truly needed to be handled, he could handle it. She didn’t feel the need to be “equal” to him, it’s just a title.

She was the daughter over Vader. The sister of Luke. The mother of Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin. The sister in law of Mara. The aunt of Ben. The grandmother of Amelia.

She was the force. She shouldn’t need some lame title as “Master” to prove that. And she didn’t.

Han didn’t want to be labeled as some sort of General, or leader of anybody. He just did what was right. She was the same as Han, the movies just never showed that. She had the Regal label, but in truth, she was exactly what Han was. The natural leader who just did what was right, and was handy in a fight, but had no true need for labels. I hear ya that she shouldn’t have had to listen to Saba all the time or play the role of apprentice, but that’s merely a small part of who she really was.

Anakin was desperate for that Master handle, and look where it got him. :lol: :lol:

I actually didn't like EU Leia. Never made sense to me how she wasn't a master.

See, I lean the other way. I liked that she didn’t want the Master title, she just was, what she was. A bad *** Jedi. She ain’t need the title to go with it.

Darth Maul was a Sith, he didn’t need to be Master Sith for everyone to know he was a bad mutha.

Leia stepped down as Chief of State. She didn’t want politics getting in the way of what was right. In the end, everything she and Han ever did what was right, what needed to be done, legal, or illegal. Whatever benefitted billions of people, that’s what they did.

She didn’t need the title of Master to prove she was just as powerful as anyone else. In a fight, she was who you wanted with you. She also had her brother as a Master, and if something truly needed to be handled, he could handle it. She didn’t feel the need to be “equal” to him, it’s just a title.

She was the daughter over Vader. The sister of Luke. The mother of Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin. The sister in law of Mara. The aunt of Ben. The grandmother of Amelia.

She was the force. She shouldn’t need some lame title as “Master” to prove that. And she didn’t.

Han didn’t want to be labeled as some sort of General, or leader of anybody. He just did what was right. She was the same as Han, the movies just never showed that. She had the Regal label, but in truth, she was exactly what Han was. The natural leader who just did what was right, and was handy in a fight, but had no true need for labels. I hear ya that she shouldn’t have had to listen to Saba all the time or play the role of apprentice, but that’s merely a small part of who she really was.

Anakin was desperate for that Master handle, and look where it got him. :lol: :lol:

Should've said more. It's more than Leia just not being a master.

Everyone you mentioned had something memorable about them/that they did/that they could do. Leia.. Not so much imo.

Vader: Self Explanatory

Luke: Luke had multiple moments obviously, but his battle with Shimrra :wow: :wow: :wow: Or his fights with Abeloth, or his manhandling of the Lost Tribe :lol: :smh:

Jacen: Dude could do pretty much anything with the force. Flow Walking :smh: Most skilled Jedi ever. Dude was able to hide himself in the force even from Luke for weeks at a time.

Jaina: Sword of the Jedi. Master Pilot.

Ben: They didn't flesh out his character as much as a young adult but he did more than Leia. Was able to handle multiple Lost tribe members with ease.

Heck, even Allana was seen sitting on the Throne of Balance.

I honestly can't remember one thing Leia did with her force/lightsaber skills in the EU :smh: I want to see her cut down a Sith Lord in the Sequel trilogy.

Last edited:
She took out a bunch of Sith in the final battle under the Jedi Temple in the Abeloth conclusion.

And she did work in the war with the Vong.

She took out a bunch of Sith in the final battle under the Jedi Temple in the Abeloth conclusion.

Really :lol:? Didn't Ben come and save em?

You're talking about when they were in the hangar right before Vestara dipped with Ship right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom