(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

I've heard good things about Assassin's Apprentice.

And Dark Tower though I'm sure some can elaborate and correct.

And yes Tdogg I agree Aerys is in the running as the potential father.

Last edited:
Ive read the 1st assassin apprentice. Still have the 2nd book sitting in my car. I got caught up in an asioaf reread so i didnt get back to that series yet.
Not even a huge book but it goes through so much. Great progression. Ill get to book 2 by the end of summer.

Reading grrms dying of the light currently. Its a space fantasy. Hia attention to detail is amazing
I alnost wish he started asioaf earlier and kept it churning out. Because him in his prime ...ong

I didn't mean it was his alone, my bad. Just referring to the one he's bringing up.

I can't ignore any theory as they're all speculation including R+L.

As a side note. The show has ignored the Iron Bank who should be coming to collect on debts soon. Add that to the list of Cersei's enemies

HBO released this image today.

Confirming the parentage of Jon Snow.

Tdogg in shambles

Hell, I'm in shambles. Why did they bother leaving out Rhaegars name in the episode but reveal it in a lame infographic like this :smh:

Last edited:
Tdogg in shambles

Hell, I'm in shambles. Why did they bother leaving out Rhaegars name in the episode but reveal it in a lame infographic like this :smh:

*waiting for him to come in here and somehow try to discredit it*

It might also confirm that Young Griff is a Blackfyre fraud or just some kid from Lys with Valyrian features

The pic is wild unnecessary and while clear about Jon's parentage just a humble of lines for no reason.

This is yet another time these guys just fail at executing things. Why not mention this in the ep? The show has still yet to really flesh out anything about Rhaegar but boom he's Jon's dad.

Whatever on that front.

Now I gotta wait for GRRM to do these reveals justice.

Last edited:
Would the show make his father different from the book though? That seems like an important thing to change.

So Jon is still a bastard according to the pic? Am I reading that right?

I doubt HBO would reveal too many spoilers.

Me personally, I don't think he's a bastard. Considering how most fathers treat their bastards in Westeros, why would Rhaegar send 3 members of the Kingsguard to protect his bastard?

Me personally, I don't think he's a bastard. Considering how most fathers treat their bastards in Westeros, why would Rhaegar send 3 members of the Kingsguard to protect his bastard?

You're probably right but the pic is unnecessary to begin with so I figured HBO was gonna go all in.

I don't think he's a bastard either.

Would the show make his father different from the book though? That seems like an important thing to change.

HBO changes things all the time. In the long run (For the show and its runtime) does it really matter which Targ was his Father? Not really. You just need to know that he's half fire and half ice. Onward to the fight for Humanity.

Last edited:

HBO changes things all the time. In the long run (For the show and its runtime) does it really matter which Targ was his Father? Not really. You just need to know that he's half fire and half ice. Onward to the fight for Humanity.

It matters because if Rhaegar is his father, there's the chance that he and Lyanna eloped making Jon a legitimate Targaryen. If Aerys is the father, he's almost certainly a bastard.

If they are going to make this truly an integral part of the story they have to cast Rhaegar next season ..him being the father holds no weight right now in the eyes of the viewer

It matters because if Rhaegar is his father, there's the chance that he and Lyanna eloped making Jon a legitimate Targaryen. If Aerys is the father, he's almost certainly a bastard.

Only matters if he survives and wants to sit on the Iron Throne. Jon don't want to be King. He will probably turn it down like Maester Aemon did.

Wouldn't it be seen they were sent to protect his child and Lyanna?

Bastard or not do we know how Rhaegar feels about children?

Not everybody treats bastards like they're expendable and have low value.

How is that info-graph unnecessary if it's providing answers to ppl's questions ?
Cuz of the format it's in and cuz of the fact they refused to do this in the show.

Seems really lazy and uninspired.

Last edited:
I've posted a few times how rhaegar was talked about in high regard but all this trouble started over his mistress. He had some kingsguard protecting her and their kid while his wife and two other kids got murked.

How is that info-graph unnecessary if it's providing answers to ppl's questions ?
Because it's an important question that should be answered on screen. I assume the show runners left out Rhaegar's name on purpose so why not wait until they make the reveal on screen. 

Wouldn't it be seen they were sent to protect his child and Lyanna?

Bastard or not do we know how Rhaegar feels about children?

Not everybody treats bastards like they're expendable and have low value.

I've posted a few times how rhaegar was talked about in high regard but all this trouble started over his mistress. He had some kingsguard protecting her and their kid while his wife and two other kids got murked.

This.

He protected Lyanna and Jon much more than he did Elia, Rhaenys, and Aegon. Doubt that would've been the case if Lyanna was just his mistress and Jon his bastard.

Back
Top Bottom