Spartacus Season 3: War of The Damned

Those final scenes after the battle pushed me to the borderline of tears

Seeing Andy at the end sent me over

Dem Feels :frown:

Last edited:
Seeing Andy at the end sent me over

Dem Feels :frown:

What's even sadder is that supposedly Andy was beating his cancer during chemo, but then it came back and that's what led to his death. (I could be totally wrong, but I feel like I read this).

I mentioned it few weeks ago, but Liam did fill in nicely as Spartacus, but it would have just been so much better with Andy finishing it off.

Cry.gif

Last edited:
that final scene with Andy :frown: one of the greatest mini series since Band of Brothers

Incredible show.

Criminally underrated.

Most improvement season to season.

Ganicus is a real g.

Spartcus is the greatest leader since TJ Detwiler.

Last edited:
damn. just damn. i love this show. :frown:

for me its #1 of all time.

According to rumors somebody will survive. I predict it will be Agron and Nasir since both of those characters are made up.

welp that wasnt too hard to predict. :tongue:

Last edited:
What's even sadder is that supposedly Andy was beating his cancer during chemo, but then it came back and that's what led to his death. (I could be totally wrong, but I feel like I read this).

I mentioned it few weeks ago, but Liam did fill in nicely as Spartacus, but it would have just been so much better with Andy finishing it off.

I'm pretty sure you're right..I think he got cancer toward the end/after filming season one..They were ready to start season 2 and his cancer returned..In order to give him time to get chemo and fight the cancer they did the mini-season(The Gannicus season as I call it)..But he never went back into remission..And I think before he died he gave them his blessing to continue without him..I'm not sure if he got to meet Liam or not, but he certainly carried on the role of Spartacus in an incredible manner..To have to come in and take over a part that was perfectly portrayed by someone else, and make it your own, is almost impossible but he did it..

I've officially updated my all time favorite TV show list..(In no particular order)

-West Wing
-Deadwood
-Spartacus
-NYPD Blue
-The Wire

Question for Spartacus fans..Who was your favorite character?..Who's death shook you the most?..Who was you most happy to die?..
Favorite:Gannicus
Sad Death:Doctore'
Happy Death:Illithya (sp?)

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
going to miss this show SOOOO much!
as for favorite... i dont' think i have one...
sad death: (forgot his name) but spartacus's friend... the blonde guy.
happy death: glaber

loved the flashbacks
:nthat: at sparty killing crassus entourage
when he was running up all bloody i had goosebumps!
guess i'm cancelling starz tomorrow for good.

top 3 hottest chicks: illithia and mera and cibelle

The Bringer of Rain... :frown:

I freaking love this show. Andy and Liam both did amazing work. Spartacus (Both) were by far my favorite my character, followed by Gannicus a.k.a. H.B.K.

And this popped up at the end of Andy's "I Am Spartacus. Just thought I would share it.

and this one too. I laughed pretty hard at 2:10.

Last edited:
The best episode of any series I've ever seen.

Amazed from start to finish.

How can this have been more perfect.  I aint gonna lie, teared up a few times throughout.  Once cuz I was so geeked when Sparty made his initial run over those ladders to lead the attack, and another when he was battling Crassus' goons solo and they'd slow-mo the glares between Sparty/Crassus.   I can go on and on, but too many awesome moments to break down.  The "balance" in this last episode was amazing. 

Sad to see some characters offed the way they were ie, Gannicus and sad to see the show end.  But if it had to go out, it went out perfectly. 

Didn't realize this show was so loved. All my friends stopped watching it, I'm the only one who continued to watch.

Why'd Gannicus have to go out like that? :smh:

He deserved to have a glorious death on the battlefield. Made Caesar look real weak with his troops surrounding Gannicus.

The images of all the characters from the show during the ending credits was really nice :smokin. The scene with Andy saying the line reminded you how much of a badass warrior he looked.

great great show, sadly unknown...i will spread the good word, do likewise in this world or the next

Great season. Wonder what StarZ has planned next.

That Gwendoline Taylor scene

So underrated.

They have what looks like a pirate show coming up, I think it was called Black Flags or something.

I watched the first 24 minutes of that Da Vinci show but I was falling asleep. Why has the British accent become the default accent for period shows? The show is in Italy and it seems like everyone is British :stoneface: . Be like Assassin's Creed where they speak English but with Italian accents. It'll probably get annoying quick though.

a perfect ending to a great show. i still can't even imagine what it would have been like had Andy still been with us. Gannicus' death was perfect. Sparty's even better. it was nice to see Agron (one of my faves) and Nasir make it out. the credits gave me goosebumps for real. almost tears when they showed Andy but i was expecting to see him, since they featured all the characters from the series. i will miss this show but at least i have the DVDs to watch.

Last edited:
this is top 2 shows i have ever seen ...

i was mad hyped when liam was running up the hill after Crassus ...

I wasn't happy about the crucifixion ...

Just sad that the show ended so soon

RIP ANDY ...

Old girl got the business to for killing Tiberius ... :smh:

Watching Lugo and Saxa go out like that ...

Seeing how lil of the camp remained ...

Screw history, i would have liked their efforts to have been more rewarded in terms of lives saved ...

THE I AM SPARTACUS WAS AMAZING ....

:wow: @ the credits ...

all 3 of spar's girls were the business ...

Varro getting his own shot ...

I'm just going stop ... too many thoughts ...

While I wish Gannicus would have lived, or died on the battlefield, I really like his final scene..To have him hanging there and getting to see his best friend and hear the roar of the arena one more time was perfect..It's almost like he was feeling no more pain and could die happy..

There were rumors at the beginning of the season that, depending on how the fans reacted to the character, that Caesar would get a spinoff..It is rumored to be based on his rise to power and how he gets to the top of Rome..

Love that they all died as free men and women for the freedom of the people. And how great was it to see the original Sparticus's battle cry after the credits. The most amazing series in years.

I found out Andy and his wife filmed a doc for his 2nd battle with cancer and right now they're trying to get it made, it's called Be Here Now, it looks pretty good and not to sad someone should link the trailer in here it's about 6 mins long

Back
Top Bottom