Spartacus Season 3: War of The Damned

I found out Andy and his wife filmed a doc for his 2nd battle with cancer and right now they're trying to get it made, it's called Be Here Now, it looks pretty good and not to sad someone should link the trailer in here it's about 6 mins long

Never heard of this till your post. I would love to watch this full documentary. So sad to see him have his life taken away so short |I .

Last edited:
IDK if this was intentional or not.

But those "I am spartacus" scenes felt like they were in reference to the old spartacus movie.

As much as miss Andy, I must say Liam was boss this season, big improvement over last :smokin

His run up the hill after Crassus gave me chills like Andy's leap to the balcony.

I found out Andy and his wife filmed a doc for his 2nd battle with cancer and right now they're trying to get it made, it's called Be Here Now, it looks pretty good and not to sad someone should link the trailer in here it's about 6 mins long

Never heard of this till your post. I would love to watch this full documentary. So sad to see him have his life taken away so short |I .

I hope it gets mad I would love to see it

This is pretty awesome..Watch it..

That was badass

Still can't get over the final scene with Andy I couldn't imagine how the series would've gone if he didn't pass away

I've been waiting on that Andy document for a minute. I wonder when its coming out?

The haka led by Manu Bennett(Crixus) was awesome. I've seen a couple recent interviews with manu and none go without mention of Andy. He truly loved Andy and always pays homage to him. :frown:

watched the last ep again today. one of (if not the best, IMO) series finales i've seen.

so many memorable moments.

Last edited:
I watched season 1 and the prequel season today..Getting ready to fire up season 2..

Can't get enough of this show..

I marathoned the season yesterday. Fell off early this season....man...that finale was spectacular.

It's really hard to sum up how I feel about this show, because a part of me wants to call it mindless fun, and blood and *******, but you could tell they wanted to be more than that. And there were so many technical issues...a lot of them out of their control, I mean there's no replacing Andy, but this had to mean something.

I don't know where to place this on any list of great TV shows, because it's such a rare, particular thing. It's so hard to recommend, because there's so much extra you'd have to explain first... You can't say the first season was crack, but then it fell off. You can't say, just get past the ****** first couple eps, then it's smoove all the way through. You gotta explain casting changes, the first half of season 2, sometimes 300 and Spartacus...it's a lot.

I'm gonna watch the finale again and then hit this thread back up.

Last edited:
Not sure if the series finale was the best or Season 1's finale episode (Kill Them All... the start of the revolt).

I marathoned the season yesterday. Fell off early this season....man...that finale was spectacular.

It's really hard to sum up how I feel about this show, because a part of me wants to call it mindless fun, and blood and *******, but you could tell they wanted to be more than that. And there were so many technical issues...a lot of them out of their control, I mean there's no replacing Andy, but this had to mean something.

I don't know where to place this on any list of great TV shows, because it's such a rare, particular thing. It's so hard to recommend, because there's so much extra you'd have to explain first... You can't say the first season was crack, but then it fell off. You can't say, just get past the ****** first couple eps, then it's smoove all the way through. You gotta explain casting changes, the first half of season 2, sometimes 300 and Spartacus...it's a lot.

I'm gonna watch the finale again and then hit this thread back up.

Great analysis :pimp: This show isn't like Breaking Bad where you can tell your friends about it, they go home, watch it and love it immediately. It really is much more than that. I caught the show when they were showing season 1 on Netflix with new episodes every week. At first, I just watched it because I was bored one night and had nothing else. I honestly wasn't feeling it too much after 3 or 4 episodes but by that time I was at the "might as well finish the season" point. That's when they announced Andy was sick and they were delaying production. Then out of no where, they announced Gods of the Arena and I said "I'm done" :lol:. I remember reluctantly watching that summer but really enjoying it. That's when I said eff it and fully committed to the show when they announced the new season with Liam.

I think if you look at this show objectively, it's an average show. It has a great story and its great moments but it also has its fair share weak moments. I think what solidifies this show for me as one of my favorites of all time is the experience. I went from coming into this thing thinking this is 300 the movie in show format to "what the hell is this garbage" all the way to feeling they're done when they announced Andy would be replaced. They somehow made it all work though. Not every show can deal with the death of their star, release a prequel season that has none of the central characters to the show, then replace the beloved star actor with someone with not much experience and then make it all work. :pimp:

It was a sad finale but we all knew it would end like this. Thanks for the great experience Spartacus :pimp:

Why is there a random pic of Rick Grimes in there? :lol:

I think the arena battle at the end of Gods of the Arena is still my favorite. Gannicus did work in that ring of fire and also saved Crixus. :smokin

Why is there a random pic of Rick Grimes in there?
laugh.gif

I think the arena battle at the end of Gods of the Arena is still my favorite. Gannicus did work in that ring of fire and also saved Crixus.
smokin.gif
I accidentally included it.

I caught it once all the pix were uploaded, but at that point I was like oh well.

Back
Top Bottom