Sources: Jason Kidd on strike, decided to sit out.....

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

^^^I would be OK with that but I would rather replace Kwame with Luke and take out Boone.

i don't think luke's contract matches up plus the nets would take kwame cuz he is in the the last year in his contract.

I heard LeBron really doesnt have a sprain, but it's a ploy to bring Kidd to town
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

8701irc.jpg
NOT BAD
glasses.gif

expiring contract in Newble, and Snow & Miller come off the books the following year.

my deal is better
grin.gif

solid player with a short contract (odom), expiring contract this year (kwame) plus a young prospect (crittenton). lakers could also throw a first roundpick.

I heard LeBron really doesnt have a sprain, but it's a ploy to bring Kidd to town
tongue.gif
!%#%... looking at that statline... Kidd is almost averaging a Trip-Dub as well......
pimp.gif

Clearly if Kidd can make Gooden and Z better... running a more uptemp offense and taking the work outta Bron's hands so he can REALLY tear up theLeague.... tired of Bron having the ball in his hands for 18 of the 24 secs because the rest of the bamma's would rather watch...

Get rid of Snow, D. Jones, Newble, Devin Brown and give away China Hughes....
I'll take my chances with a Kidd-Bron-Gooden-Z-Boobie line up with Sasha-AV-S.Brown-Marshall off the pine

Critt, Odom, Walton salaries match for Kidd.
You also throw in a first. And they might do it.
Plus Walton and RJ are best buds.

Clearly if Kidd can make Gooden and Z better... running a more uptemp offense and taking the work outta Bron's hands so he can REALLY tear up the League.... tired of Bron having the ball in his hands for 18 of the 24 secs because the rest of the bamma's would rather watch...
Just the though of having LeBron and Drew as finishers while Kidd initiates is CRAZY. Gives me goosebumps.

But the reality of it is, I dont know how the deal gets done without surrendering Drew.

I dont wanna lose a scoring and rebounding big, but if it means getting a future HOF to play along with LeBron....

GET'R DONE DANNY!

embarassed.gif

[table][tr][td]
Kidd wants to play with James in Cleveland
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
December 5, 2007 [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
There was no migraine headache holding Jason Kidd out of the New Jersey Nets' loss to the New York Knicks Wednesday night, but a superstar sending a message to a floundering franchise that he's irate with management and teammates, several league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As the Nets flew back to New Jersey late Tuesday from a victory over Cleveland, sources said Kidd already had decided he would be sitting out against the Knicks in the Meadowlands. Kidd didn't tell Nets officials until Wednesday afternoon, but several people inside and outside the organization were made aware of the meaning behind his sick day.

Kidd's agent, Jeff Schwartz, isn't believed to have formally demanded a trade, but Wednesday's bold act could be the precursor to starting that process. Two sources said Kidd has been a constant text messaging partner with LeBron James since playing with him this summer on Team USA and that the Cavaliers are his preferred destination.

"They've been communicating about the (trade) options that could get them together in Cleveland," one Eastern Conference official said.
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][size=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
b
[/td] [/tr][/table]As one Nets official confessed, Kidd's absence due to a purported migraine was "very suspicious." No one wanted to believe he would sit out a game in protest, but that's how bad it has become between Kidd and the longtime laughingstock that he delivered credibility to. He has no history of migraines with the Nets, and with the way he traditionally has loved to destroy the Knicks, the timing of a walkout left Nets officials deeply disturbed.
In an act of defiance that has been building for most of this season, Kidd, 34, has grown irritated over his belief that the franchise no longer is chasing greatness while his chance for a championship closes. He called out his teammates two weeks ago in Utah, just days after his bid for a contract extension was spurned by team president Rod Thorn. Right now, the Nets are 9-10 and going nowhere.

Thorn has praised Kidd for a "football player's" mentality when it comes to playing hurt, but the point guard privately is wondering how much more he wants to sacrifice his body for a team mired in mediocrity. So far this season, Kidd has played brilliantly for the Nets, second to Steve Nash with 10.4 assists. He performed with cracked ribs and a bad back a year ago, pushing the Nets past the Toronto Raptors in the opening round of the playoffs by averaging a triple-double.

Yet Kidd has been frustrated with some of his teammates' inability to stay on the floor and play through pain, especially Vince Carter. These days, everything about the Nets bothers Kidd. Everyone had to wonder Wednesday night: Could this have been the beginning of the end for Jason Kidd and the New Jersey Nets?

Adrian Wojnarowski is the NBA columnist for Yahoo! Sports. Send Adrian a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

"They've been communicating about the (trade) options that could get them together in Cleveland," one Eastern Conference official said.

LOL, they lookin as bad as us...
laugh.gif

If they can get Kidd without Bynum it's going to be scary we don't even have to run the triangle anymore. Mitch get off your!++* and get this dealdone.

^Cavs people, Snow is not going to get traded, let's face it. He's from Canton, is coming off the books next year and is getting old. Not to mention heand Ferry are friends and he came up defensively in the playoffs.

As for my initial trade, I found out today AV cannot be traded for 90 days which puts us past the deadline? Is this right?

And if this thing goes down I'd bet $ S. Brown and Newble are gone, along with Hughes. We've seen salaries match up with a few proposals, and the Netsaren't going to let him get away for 'nothing,' whether it is Hughes and S. Brown or not.

Check my previous post, I've been thinking this ever since LeBron went out, and the initial report came out that JKidd wanted to be in Cleveland.

And to the Laker hopefuls: HE'S SITTING OUT TO PLAY IN CLEVELAND. I know he wants out in general but if you read the article closely, and would have seenhow he and Bron were acting the other night, you'd think he was going to Cleveland too.

JDB1523 wrote:
And to the Laker hopefuls: HE'S SITTING OUT TO PLAY IN CLEVELAND. I know he wants out in general but if you read the article closely, and would have seen how he and Bron were acting the other night, you'd think he was going to Cleveland too.
When's he going to sign? Who's involved in the trade?

Look, if you're going to go into the future and then come back and tell us how things are going to be, you have to give us details.

If you don't mind giving me the winning lottery numbers for the next week also, I'd greatly appreciate it.
smile.gif

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MAN

i got goosebumps too reading that. man if lebron had just 1, JUST 1 decent running partner who could handle the ball and distribute it. who knows, the east isa wrap. next up, the league!

GET

IT

DONE !!!!!!!!!

Kidd with the Cavs seem like a bad fit to me. James is a dominate ball handler I wonder how he would play with the ball in Kidd's hand a majority of thetime. Plus the Cavs have nothing but trash to offer the Nets. Kidd with the Lakers is a great fit. The Lakers would have the best defensive back court theleague has seen in a long time and a playmaker.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JDB1523 wrote:
And to the Laker hopefuls: HE'S SITTING OUT TO PLAY IN CLEVELAND. I know he wants out in general but if you read the article closely, and would have seen how he and Bron were acting the other night, you'd think he was going to Cleveland too.

Look, if you're going to go into the future and then come back and tell us how things are going to be, you have to give us details.

If you don't mind giving me the winning lottery numbers for the next week also, I'd greatly appreciate it.
smile.gif

eyes.gif

He never said it's going to happen for sure. He's saying Kidd's intentions are to go play alongside LEBRON. Not to play with Mr. Bryant. Ididn't see the Lakers or Kobe anywhere in the article.

1) Kidd with the Lakers sounds better than Kidd with the Cavs. If the Nets tender offers for Kidd they are going to want expiring contracts for cap room.They'll also want some kind of point guard involved due to the present injury of Marcus Williams.

The Lakers can still run the triangle with Jason Kidd. Kidd already initiates a similar system in NJ. In sets, he just brings the ball up the court and passesto initiate the offense. There is no reason why he cannot do the same for the Lakers in the triangle. Kidd could play the same role as Ron Harper performed forPhil in Chicago and LA.

2) No teams are going to take an injured Larry Hughes and the rest of his contract.

3) Kidd wants a contract extension more than a ring, but an extension and a shot at a ring would really please him.

He never said it's going to happen for sure. He's saying Kidd's intentions are to go play alongside LEBRON. Not to play with Mr. Bryant. I didn't see the Lakers or Kobe anywhere in the article.

The Lakers are not mentioned, but they will always come up in any rumors of Kidd seeking a trade because they have the expiring contracts, the point guards,and the title shot destination that would draw appeal from NJ management.

dead the LA talk, Kidd doesnt want to play with Kobe. Hes said several times he dreams of playing alongside LeBron. Bron also said similar things before theseason started about Kidd.

Kidd will be in a Lakers uni when LeBron is rockin the Knicks 23.

smile.gif

It's called a 'What If,' ska. The whole situation is. I don't know the specifics of A TRADE but I'm assuming you read thearticle, which clearly states he's sitting out for a Cleveland trade.

And lucky lottery numbers? I'd go with 23 and 5
wink.gif

I honestly don't think the Nets will get even close to equal value......if you look at the recent superstar trades

Allen Iverson for Andre Miller, Joe Smith and two 2007 first-round picks

Shaquille O'Neal for Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, and Caron Butler

Vince Carter for Alonzo Mourning (who instantly forced his way out
laugh.gif
), Eric Williams, Aaron Williams and two future first-round draft picks.

Ray Allen & 2nd round pick for Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak and No. 5 overall pick

Kevin Garnett for Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, a 2009 first round draft pick

How do you obtain equal value for a perennial first ballot HoFer like Jason Kidd?

You don't. If a superstar wants out you grant it. You ask for young talent in return and expiring contracts.

Back
Top Bottom