Somali Pirates seize yacht carrying a Danish family

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Deuce King

When are people going to learn, stay away from these waters.
It's funny when people say: 
"Oh they should just avoid these waters"

How? go all the way around Africa? If you're a country trying to import goods anyway around there I.E Japan, South Korea, North Korea, India, etc. You have only one option and that is to go through that canal and you have to go past Somalia period. I don't think ships can be armed and dock at ports in some European countries, so these huge ships with all their crew get their ships hijacked. 
But these guys were tourists 
grin.gif

"The newspaper said the family had been well aware of the risk of pirates in the waters off Somalia, where dozens of ships and their crews have been taken hostage in recent years.It reported that as they left the Maldives, the family wrote in their blog, "We have updated our disaster plan, made a pirate plan of who does what if we are attacked, and every day we send details of our position to the armed forces."

Fact of the matter is they did NOT need to go around those waters. 

In this day and age, you need to know what you're getting into.  They knew the risk, and now they are paying the price. 

They asked for it.

I'm in the minority here, but knowing what the root of all these pirate drama, sailing in the Somali seas (or anywhere close to pirate-infested) seas shouldn't cross anyone's mind ESPECIALLY if it's only for LEISURE.

I don't agree with killing people and what not, but this could've been PREVENTED if they had a working brain in the first place.

Flame on.

They asked for it.

I'm in the minority here, but knowing what the root of all these pirate drama, sailing in the Somali seas (or anywhere close to pirate-infested) seas shouldn't cross anyone's mind ESPECIALLY if it's only for LEISURE.

I don't agree with killing people and what not, but this could've been PREVENTED if they had a working brain in the first place.

Flame on.

Originally Posted by Jay02

The Danish people deserve it they shouldnt be there. They deserve to die too. If you're in their waters its only morally correct to kill them..right???

Many of you must have missed the last pirate thread..That along with my heavy dose of sarcasm.
My views are the exact opposite of what I said.

The Danish people deserve it they shouldnt be there. They deserve to die too. If you're in their waters its only morally correct to kill them..right???

Many of you must have missed the last pirate thread..That along with my heavy dose of sarcasm.
My views are the exact opposite of what I said.

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

we need to drop a damn bomb on somalia already...

You are very welcome to sponsor it. Cuz the money ain't comin out of my pockets Does Somalia even have any diplomatic relations with counties around them. You can't just storm onto their land and start another war

You are very welcome to sponsor it. Cuz the money ain't comin out of my pockets Does Somalia even have any diplomatic relations with counties around them. You can't just storm onto their land and start another war

indifferent.gif
and kill all the innocent people.

Those people shouldn't have been in such a dangerous area and the should have hired their own security/pirates to get them through there safely.

indifferent.gif
and kill all the innocent people.

Those people shouldn't have been in such a dangerous area and the should have hired their own security/pirates to get them through there safely.

Its bs that they jail them when in the end they will get out eventually and most likely do the same thing over again....
I say throw them back in the water w/o a life vest, it's only right being that they're willing to kill innocent people? Am i wrong for thinking this way?

Its bs that they jail them when in the end they will get out eventually and most likely do the same thing over again....
I say throw them back in the water w/o a life vest, it's only right being that they're willing to kill innocent people? Am i wrong for thinking this way?

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

hahahaha

such a typical ignorant response.  you cant just go around droppin bombs on people as if there werent millions of lives at stake.

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

hahahaha

such a typical ignorant response.  you cant just go around droppin bombs on people as if there werent millions of lives at stake.

SO what are the rules of the sea generally? How far out is considered your country still? In one of the videos posted here, they said the pirates were about 620 miles off the shore of Somalia. ANother video says they went after people who were going to Sri Lanka, on the other side of the Indian Ocean.. And if you want to get through the Surez Canal, you have to come into close contact with Somalia at one point, right?

SuezCanal.gif

Even if you rode way out in the middle of the ocean off the coast of Somalia, you would be forced to come into contact with that area at one point.. If I were sailing, I would ride the beaches of Yemen. Even that doesn't seem safe.

100% chance of suspicious activity:
http://mappery.com/maps/S...ap-as-of-Dec-12-2007.jpg

SO what are the rules of the sea generally? How far out is considered your country still? In one of the videos posted here, they said the pirates were about 620 miles off the shore of Somalia. ANother video says they went after people who were going to Sri Lanka, on the other side of the Indian Ocean.. And if you want to get through the Surez Canal, you have to come into close contact with Somalia at one point, right?

SuezCanal.gif

Even if you rode way out in the middle of the ocean off the coast of Somalia, you would be forced to come into contact with that area at one point.. If I were sailing, I would ride the beaches of Yemen. Even that doesn't seem safe.

100% chance of suspicious activity:
http://mappery.com/maps/S...ap-as-of-Dec-12-2007.jpg

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

eek.gif
damn smh for real. put some sand bags down up stream and put a pump in the water suck there water out. sounds dumb i know i dont even know why i said it
frown.gif
FML, whats good with them jet ski's
pimp.gif
yacht's look like they cost to much and getting you killed/kidnapped now adays
tired.gif

mBO4D.gif

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

eek.gif
damn smh for real. put some sand bags down up stream and put a pump in the water suck there water out. sounds dumb i know i dont even know why i said it
frown.gif
FML, whats good with them jet ski's
pimp.gif
yacht's look like they cost to much and getting you killed/kidnapped now adays
tired.gif

mBO4D.gif

Back
Top Bottom