Somali Pirates seize yacht carrying a Danish family

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

if you guys pay for the trip and ammo i will go on that cruise
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

You not bout that life cuh
roll.gif
I am a Marine cuh, i am bout that life..I have had the proper training. I want that 50 cal for $475
pimp.gif
its a wrap

I promise if you all pay for the trip I will go, wheres the contract, this could be epic NT history... letssss dooo itttt

and we could consider it a humanitarian type charity... making the world a safer place, one pirate at a time
style

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

if you guys pay for the trip and ammo i will go on that cruise

You not bout that life cuh
roll.gif
I am a Marine cuh, i am bout that life..I have had the proper training. I want that 50 cal for $475
pimp.gif
its a wrap

I promise if you all pay for the trip I will go, wheres the contract, this could be epic NT history... letssss dooo itttt

and we could consider it a humanitarian type charity... making the world a safer place, one pirate at a time
style

Originally Posted by scshift

I love how you and everyone else who criticized this example left out the second part which is an explanation. Yes, it's not the most accurate analogy, but obviously you can understand the point (or if not, you could have read the 2nd part of my post).

Pirates attack ships. That's what pirates do. They don't just float around and smoke pipes like you saw in Pirates of the Caribbean. Everyone with any sense knows that they're aggressive and dangerous. They see a potential target, they attack. How is this different from sharks? A shark in need will attack a potential target. You think if the pirates already looted fifty ships in one night and they were just chilling that they'd still waste energy on another ship? Highly unlikely. Just like how a shark might not attack any person on sight, but if they need to, you bet they will.

The number is irrelevant. That is not even close to the point. The point is that everyone knows the Somali waters are dangerous. Yet, tourists like these ones go there, so arrogant in thinking the rules of death don't apply to them, then all of a sudden you get knocked off your high horse and start crying foul. It's one thing if those waters were peaceful and there was no pirate threat, but it's a fact accepted world wide that you don't go into those waters, much less for a vacation.

If you think the pirates are the only ones in the wrong, then educate yourself. You're probably the same kind of person who'd walk into Compton flossing your G-Shock and Bapes and when you get robbed, you run back to the suburbs and complain about how "the gangsters did you dirty". Next time you try interpreting a quote, how about you try reading it in it's entirety? 
eyes.gif
These pirates are humans first.  They make conscience decisions.  They chose to be pirates.  Sharks don't choose to be sharks.  It is not natural for humans to call themselves pirates and attack other humans for money, or whatever they're looking for.  It is not the victims fault that pirates choose to attack people.  You can call the victims dumb for putting themselves in the situation, but it is still not their fault.

Originally Posted by scshift

I love how you and everyone else who criticized this example left out the second part which is an explanation. Yes, it's not the most accurate analogy, but obviously you can understand the point (or if not, you could have read the 2nd part of my post).

Pirates attack ships. That's what pirates do. They don't just float around and smoke pipes like you saw in Pirates of the Caribbean. Everyone with any sense knows that they're aggressive and dangerous. They see a potential target, they attack. How is this different from sharks? A shark in need will attack a potential target. You think if the pirates already looted fifty ships in one night and they were just chilling that they'd still waste energy on another ship? Highly unlikely. Just like how a shark might not attack any person on sight, but if they need to, you bet they will.

The number is irrelevant. That is not even close to the point. The point is that everyone knows the Somali waters are dangerous. Yet, tourists like these ones go there, so arrogant in thinking the rules of death don't apply to them, then all of a sudden you get knocked off your high horse and start crying foul. It's one thing if those waters were peaceful and there was no pirate threat, but it's a fact accepted world wide that you don't go into those waters, much less for a vacation.

If you think the pirates are the only ones in the wrong, then educate yourself. You're probably the same kind of person who'd walk into Compton flossing your G-Shock and Bapes and when you get robbed, you run back to the suburbs and complain about how "the gangsters did you dirty". Next time you try interpreting a quote, how about you try reading it in it's entirety? 
eyes.gif
These pirates are humans first.  They make conscience decisions.  They chose to be pirates.  Sharks don't choose to be sharks.  It is not natural for humans to call themselves pirates and attack other humans for money, or whatever they're looking for.  It is not the victims fault that pirates choose to attack people.  You can call the victims dumb for putting themselves in the situation, but it is still not their fault.

Back
Top Bottom