So lets just do the age old Debate about Pyramids...

Originally Posted by MARTIN AND CO

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

It's sooo much I can sy about the pyramids so I'll give y'all a brief summery. It has been confirmed by many sources that the pyramids were NOT built by slaves. They were built by master Masons.

The first known pyramid designer was an Ancient African man named Imhotep. He was a multi genius who built the step pyramid and the Egyptian Masons gradually perfected the art of pyramid building to what is known as the Great Pyramid at Giza.

They were not built by aliens, just ancient Africans. The way that the pyramids were built can not be duplicated today. The reason why is because the ancient Egyptian society was far more advanced than we are today.
TheMummyImhotep.jpg

He also tried to kill Brendan Fraser
Don't ever compare the real Imhotep to that stupid character from the "Mummy". That's disrespectful to my African ancestors and I'm being serious.
Your ancestors? The concept of "africa" is European colonialism. Seeing "africa" as it's seen now is nothing like what the world was for civilizations in those northern regions at that time. Civilization was from the horn of "africa" to around india/paskistani border. It branched out from there slightly in various directions, ie towards libya, persia/armenia, etc. Point being, talking about "african ancestors" is like talking about "european ancestors" or "asian ancestors", only Iraq and all of the satellite civilizations around it were far more diverse. Your ancestors are not simultaneous from every civilization that ever existed in "africa", and you are most likely not descended from "egyptians", so his joke was not really disrespectful. It's not as if all Europeans share the greeks as their ancestors, nor do all asians share the early han dynasty as theirs. 
As far as egypt in the whole people vs aliens; is it that hard to imagine people could have built it? Also, do we take greek mythology as some sort of evidence that they were talking to aliens? Egypt as a society was fairly diverse, and slaves did exist in their society. There were definitely highly skilled engineers/masons working on the projects, but they would not be the ones doing all the heavy lifting. The talent pool could not be big enough, and it would take thousands of years. It literally takes a whole society to build something like the pyramids, and there is not a single society to date that is composed exclusively of highly skilled individuals. 

These threads are usually beehives of pseudo-science and pseudo-history. The regulars (some not present) get their information from the black equivalent of the stormfront forums and proceed to repost it on here. Most of the people into "it" are usually musicians and entertainers who know nothing about history or science but consider themselves "scholars" (ie, the guy from afrika bambaata). 

Last time this went off into how blacks traveled all over the world to visit the chinese, the mayans, the olmecs, etc and impart them with wisdom. From some of the posted pictures it seems is headed there again. I guess some people can't make up their minds as to the facial features of certain civilizations, and also have come to the conclusion that certain "races" hold a monopoly of specific facial features. The olmecs were definitely black, I mean, who else looks like that?!...............

Stephen_Kearney_2.jpg

oh wait...maori (native new zealanders) must have built the olmec pyramids, look at the facial features, its irrefutable evidence! a picture! 

I understand where the frustration comes from, being systematically undermined for centuries and labeled inferior is justification enough to want to prove the opposite. Claiming every advanced ancient civilization as black doesn't really help blacks in any way today. A high school in canada for black students where the curriculum revolved around afrocentrism failed to produce any results. 

I think everyone can agree that "black skinned" people certainly played a fundamental role in egypt, there were even nubian dynasties. Again however, egypt was a diverse society and had a changing society as dictated by military losses and triumphs (pre-hellinistic egypt) and interactions with neighboring civilizations. No one is arguing that swedish-looking people build the pyramids.  

A lot of people are gonna be mad at this post, but it's the realest $%%# I've ever heard said in these threads on ancient Egypt.

Originally Posted by MARTIN AND CO

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

It's sooo much I can sy about the pyramids so I'll give y'all a brief summery. It has been confirmed by many sources that the pyramids were NOT built by slaves. They were built by master Masons.

The first known pyramid designer was an Ancient African man named Imhotep. He was a multi genius who built the step pyramid and the Egyptian Masons gradually perfected the art of pyramid building to what is known as the Great Pyramid at Giza.

They were not built by aliens, just ancient Africans. The way that the pyramids were built can not be duplicated today. The reason why is because the ancient Egyptian society was far more advanced than we are today.
TheMummyImhotep.jpg

He also tried to kill Brendan Fraser
Don't ever compare the real Imhotep to that stupid character from the "Mummy". That's disrespectful to my African ancestors and I'm being serious.
Your ancestors? The concept of "africa" is European colonialism. Seeing "africa" as it's seen now is nothing like what the world was for civilizations in those northern regions at that time. Civilization was from the horn of "africa" to around india/paskistani border. It branched out from there slightly in various directions, ie towards libya, persia/armenia, etc. Point being, talking about "african ancestors" is like talking about "european ancestors" or "asian ancestors", only Iraq and all of the satellite civilizations around it were far more diverse. Your ancestors are not simultaneous from every civilization that ever existed in "africa", and you are most likely not descended from "egyptians", so his joke was not really disrespectful. It's not as if all Europeans share the greeks as their ancestors, nor do all asians share the early han dynasty as theirs. 
As far as egypt in the whole people vs aliens; is it that hard to imagine people could have built it? Also, do we take greek mythology as some sort of evidence that they were talking to aliens? Egypt as a society was fairly diverse, and slaves did exist in their society. There were definitely highly skilled engineers/masons working on the projects, but they would not be the ones doing all the heavy lifting. The talent pool could not be big enough, and it would take thousands of years. It literally takes a whole society to build something like the pyramids, and there is not a single society to date that is composed exclusively of highly skilled individuals. 

These threads are usually beehives of pseudo-science and pseudo-history. The regulars (some not present) get their information from the black equivalent of the stormfront forums and proceed to repost it on here. Most of the people into "it" are usually musicians and entertainers who know nothing about history or science but consider themselves "scholars" (ie, the guy from afrika bambaata). 

Last time this went off into how blacks traveled all over the world to visit the chinese, the mayans, the olmecs, etc and impart them with wisdom. From some of the posted pictures it seems is headed there again. I guess some people can't make up their minds as to the facial features of certain civilizations, and also have come to the conclusion that certain "races" hold a monopoly of specific facial features. The olmecs were definitely black, I mean, who else looks like that?!...............

Stephen_Kearney_2.jpg

oh wait...maori (native new zealanders) must have built the olmec pyramids, look at the facial features, its irrefutable evidence! a picture! 

I understand where the frustration comes from, being systematically undermined for centuries and labeled inferior is justification enough to want to prove the opposite. Claiming every advanced ancient civilization as black doesn't really help blacks in any way today. A high school in canada for black students where the curriculum revolved around afrocentrism failed to produce any results. 

I think everyone can agree that "black skinned" people certainly played a fundamental role in egypt, there were even nubian dynasties. Again however, egypt was a diverse society and had a changing society as dictated by military losses and triumphs (pre-hellinistic egypt) and interactions with neighboring civilizations. No one is arguing that swedish-looking people build the pyramids.  

A lot of people are gonna be mad at this post, but it's the realest $%%# I've ever heard said in these threads on ancient Egypt.

Is there scientific evidence or even theories as to why people have different skin colors?
Is it as blatant as the "sun exposure" over time?

I mean... if things originated in Africa, why are people so vastly different in Scandinavia, etc.
Did africans just spread out and as evolution took course, skin tones become whiter and whiter?

Is there scientific evidence or even theories as to why people have different skin colors?

I mean... if things originated in Africa, why are people so vastly different in Scandinavia, etc.
Did africans just spread out and as evolution took course, skin tones become whiter and whiter?

In africa when albino were born they were not accepted as apart of the community and looked at as cursed spirits incarnate. They were ostracized from the community back then much so like they still are today. You will even find examples of albino;s born today in africa that are hunted for their body parts and looked at as commodities for people making potions and ritualistic offerings from their limbs and other possessions. They had their own refuges and migrated into europe.

The albino populations that weren't accepted in african tribes migrated to europe with the african link dna.

While in ice age europe the albino dominant gene africans and the neanderthal merged and became apart of the human family or what is known today as white. Neanderthals did not simply drop off the face of the planet suddenly like some people suggest. They merged in to the human species and live on today.

There are plenty of books and documentaries that are written and researched by whites on this issue for those of you that keep on trying to make this out to be some pro black power propaganda. Books like "Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Sources of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression" by Michael Bradley ( a white man, but this really shouldn't matter but it does to the nay sayers of these types of threads).

I'll look for the link from the BBC special that discusses this as well.

In africa when albino were born they were not accepted as apart of the community and looked at as cursed spirits incarnate. They were ostracized from the community back then much so like they still are today. You will even find examples of albino;s born today in africa that are hunted for their body parts and looked at as commodities for people making potions and ritualistic offerings from their limbs and other possessions. They had their own refuges and migrated into europe.

The albino populations that weren't accepted in african tribes migrated to europe with the african link dna.

While in ice age europe the albino dominant gene africans and the neanderthal merged and became apart of the human family or what is known today as white. Neanderthals did not simply drop off the face of the planet suddenly like some people suggest. They merged in to the human species and live on today.

There are plenty of books and documentaries that are written and researched by whites on this issue for those of you that keep on trying to make this out to be some pro black power propaganda. Books like "Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Sources of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression" by Michael Bradley ( a white man, but this really shouldn't matter but it does to the nay sayers of these types of threads).

Originally Posted by torgriffith

So Europeans are descendants of African Albinos? bdw where does that leave European albinos....believe it or not albinism affects light skinned people/ europeans.

also do they have a cool theory....I mean proven fact for how Asians, Indians etc came to be
nerd.gif
?

And just going off the title of that book, are they implying that europeans invented sexism and aggression?
nerd.gif

So Europeans are descendants of African Albinos? bdw where does that leave European albinos....believe it or not albinism affects light skinned people/ europeans.

also do they have a cool theory....I mean proven fact for how Asians, Indians etc came to be
nerd.gif
?

And just going off the title of that book, are they implying that europeans invented sexism and aggression?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

nerd.gif
?

nerd.gif

As far as white albinos i don't think what i said discredited that reality. albino and white skin are not synonymous. It's just the carrier of the albino dominant gene and the neanderthal gene that has some instances were a albino dominate selection in the dna occurred in the person. 
No it's not saying European created sexism and aggression, it's a study of why european and ice climate cultures are more predisposed to those types of traits.
From what I understand about genetics in this issue is that so many generations of isolated and similar trait carrying gene pools breeding graft that resulting branch of dna into a dominant state of some traits and recessive of others, in this case, external melanin deficiency and albino dominance. If the ice climate evolution occurred in other parts of the world with different genetic elements, it would create other kinds of hybrid human species as well. 

As for indians and asians that are melanin dominant, the mitochondrial dna trace performed on them showed that their ancestors travelled different routes out of Africa to other land masses and mutated to a degree. But no other dna link group out of Africa went through such vast mutation and hybridization as whites. 

nerd.gif
?

nerd.gif

As far as white albinos i don't think what i said discredited that reality. albino and white skin are not synonymous. It's just the carrier of the albino dominant gene and the neanderthal gene that has some instances were a albino dominate selection in the dna occurred in the person. 
No it's not saying European created sexism and aggression, it's a study of why european and ice climate cultures are more predisposed to those types of traits.
From what I understand about genetics in this issue is that so many generations of isolated and similar trait carrying gene pools breeding graft that resulting branch of dna into a dominant state of some traits and recessive of others, in this case, external melanin deficiency and albino dominance. If the ice climate evolution occurred in other parts of the world with different genetic elements, it would create other kinds of hybrid human species as well. 

As for indians and asians that are melanin dominant, the mitochondrial dna trace performed on them showed that their ancestors travelled different routes out of Africa to other land masses and mutated to a degree. But no other dna link group out of Africa went through such vast mutation and hybridization as whites. 

nerd.gif
?

nerd.gif

strong claim.

Tell me more about this "neaderthal gene" you speak of, what are its characteristics. Has the "gene" or genes been mapped, what are its functions?

There are other "War-like"/ "aggressive" groups of people that preceded the white race in their imperialism/ and quite possibly superceded them in their conquest of most of the known world, did they too possess a gene that predisposed them to such aggressive behaviors eg. Genghis Khan. What about Samoans (from what I've been told they're brootal) and the Aztecs?

Also do u believe such genetic mutations and hybridizations gave white people any positive traits eg. higher intelligence or is it just the sexism and racism?

nerd.gif
?

nerd.gif

strong claim.

Tell me more about this "neaderthal gene" you speak of, what are its characteristics. Has the "gene" or genes been mapped, what are its functions?

There are other "War-like"/ "aggressive" groups of people that preceded the white race in their imperialism/ and quite possibly superceded them in their conquest of most of the known world, did they too possess a gene that predisposed them to such aggressive behaviors eg. Genghis Khan. What about Samoans (from what I've been told they're brootal) and the Aztecs?

Also do u believe such genetic mutations and hybridizations gave white people any positive traits eg. higher intelligence or is it just the sexism and racism?

"Neanderthal gene" is neanderthal genetics 

These are reconstructions of neanderthal bodies.

neanderthal.jpg

article-1058538-02B984B100000578-348_468x342.jpg

Genetics that adapted to ice age climates. Can you just imagine the grab for resources and how that would shape the culture growing up in a scarce environment like that. What do you think that culture is gonna turn into over time with values grained from an ice culture? 

That's the difference between ice cultures vs. cultures developing in the sun. One is on a constant forage for resources from somewhere  or someone else, while the later would have time develop in dealing with a land that provides. 

The ideals of the culture is the difference in what we in the presently deem as benchmarks for success. The ideal of European economic prosperity is not the same ideal of prosperity for the rest of the world of indigenous cultures.

Not saying that white skin is albino and all, just saying that from the the albino's being a isolated gene pool, the melanin gene was recessive and then after so many generations it comes to a dormant state and then the mxture with neanderthal from what the books say.    

"Neanderthal gene" is neanderthal genetics 

These are reconstructions of neanderthal bodies.

neanderthal.jpg

article-1058538-02B984B100000578-348_468x342.jpg

Genetics that adapted to ice age climates. Can you just imagine the grab for resources and how that would shape the culture growing up in a scarce environment like that. What do you think that culture is gonna turn into over time with values grained from an ice culture? 

That's the difference between ice cultures vs. cultures developing in the sun. One is on a constant forage for resources from somewhere  or someone else, while the later would have time develop in dealing with a land that provides. 

The ideals of the culture is the difference in what we in the presently deem as benchmarks for success. The ideal of European economic prosperity is not the same ideal of prosperity for the rest of the world of indigenous cultures.

Not saying that white skin is albino and all, just saying that from the the albino's being a isolated gene pool, the melanin gene was recessive and then after so many generations it comes to a dormant state and then the mxture with neanderthal from what the books say.    

torgriffith

wow

just %+$%*%! wow.

While its a STRONG claim this !*+@ is incredible. Where did you find this? I need sources. I gotta peep this myself.

torgriffith

wow

just %+$%*%! wow.

While its a STRONG claim this !*+@ is incredible. Where did you find this? I need sources. I gotta peep this myself.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

There was a study where they claimed skin color would change on the order of 5000-10000 years.

torgriffith, I agree with most of what you say. I have a question -- what do you think of the social ramifications of the genetics-culture-race stuff? What I mean is... scientifically speaking, it's probably pretty likely that environment determined what genes thrived in certain parts of the world -- not just skin color but also social traits. However, anytime someone claims that genetics are linked to social traits, it becomes a very touchy subject, because the implication is that certain "races" are better or worse because they would have developed different genetic traits.

I don't really have an answer, other than we need to be as scientific/objective as possible. Like I think it's an interesting discussion to what extent something like Greek philosophy developed due to the Mediterranean climate (as opposed to the colder N. European climate) being conducive to people being able to sit and talk all day, which raises the question -- how much is due to the environment versus how much is due to Greek genetics.... Already though I can't finish this thought because it ends up being something that can be construed as racism....

My point being, racism is based on much of the same argumentation, so it's hard to discuss it and it gets people into trouble.

edit:
ea615d4c62d8fbf740f0522c0f733dba818ecfb.gif
 I was trying to read up on the topic and clicked on what first appeared to be a legit article... Turned out it was a racist forum trashing the article. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

There was a study where they claimed skin color would change on the order of 5000-10000 years.

torgriffith, I agree with most of what you say. I have a question -- what do you think of the social ramifications of the genetics-culture-race stuff? What I mean is... scientifically speaking, it's probably pretty likely that environment determined what genes thrived in certain parts of the world -- not just skin color but also social traits. However, anytime someone claims that genetics are linked to social traits, it becomes a very touchy subject, because the implication is that certain "races" are better or worse because they would have developed different genetic traits.

I don't really have an answer, other than we need to be as scientific/objective as possible. Like I think it's an interesting discussion to what extent something like Greek philosophy developed due to the Mediterranean climate (as opposed to the colder N. European climate) being conducive to people being able to sit and talk all day, which raises the question -- how much is due to the environment versus how much is due to Greek genetics.... Already though I can't finish this thought because it ends up being something that can be construed as racism....

My point being, racism is based on much of the same argumentation, so it's hard to discuss it and it gets people into trouble.

edit:
ea615d4c62d8fbf740f0522c0f733dba818ecfb.gif
 I was trying to read up on the topic and clicked on what first appeared to be a legit article... Turned out it was a racist forum trashing the article. 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom