*** SO IT'S 11 YEARS (TODAY) SINCE THE GREATEST RAPPER EVER PASSED AWAY.. ***

"God Bless his soul, Rest In Peace,Kid!!!....
It's because of him... Now, at least, I know what beef is!!!..." - Canibus

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
tired.gif

How can you compare Kane and KRS to BIG?

He's way more advanced than they EVER were, and I have all of their classic albums. It wasjust a different era, thats like comparing Rock by using The Beatles and Metallica..

Biggie was 10 years ahead of his time.

You listen to %@%# from 93-97 and cats were on that "stop-go" DasEFX to Raekwon type flow, BIG was light years ahead of cats, so much so that dudestoday still imitating.

My-T.

Originally Posted by Stereo Tee

He's way more advanced than they EVER were, and I have all of their classic albums. It was just a different era, thats like comparing Rock by using The Beatles and Metallica..

You listen to %@%# from 93-97 and cats were on that "stop-go" DasEFX to Raekwon type flow, BIG was light years ahead of cats, so much so that dudes today still imitating.

My-T.

Where You think Biggie got his style from?

BIG DADDY KANE

He said it himself

He's way more advanced than they EVER were, and I have all of their classic albums.

You listen to @*+% from 93-97 and cats were on that "stop-go" DasEFX to Raekwon type flow, BIG was light years ahead of cats, so much so that dudes today still imitating.
In terms of what? The only thing that made Biggie ahead of his time was his voice and delivery. In terms of lyricism, he wasn't light years ofanyone...And as far as mixing lyricism+flow..Nas got 'em on It Was Written...real rap..

IMO, people outside of the NY/NJ shouldnt have a say on who the best rappers are anyway, um yea BIGGIE revolutionized rap, was one of the first to cross overin the mainstream and he did it at a time where lyrical prowess was still a factor, even his biggest hit i.e. Mo Money Mo Problems, he still kept it gutta

B-I-G P-O-P-P-A
No info for the DEA
Federal Agents mad cuz I'm Flagrant
Tap My Cell and the phone in the basement............

Cmon ppl!!!

R I P

Flatbush will NEVER forget you

BIG DADDY KANE

He said it himself

Son said he listened to Kane, he didn't say he got his style from him.

Of course I'm probably arguing with one of them "Golden Era" bammas, I used to be like you, thought that if it wasn't pre-96 it wasn'tany good, but I've learned to move on. Biggie changed the game b, he brought the rap scene back to the East coast BY HIMSELF. Wu-Tang was on some otherstuff, Nas was basically underground, bruvas wasn't checkin' for Nas on a mainstream level, only cats that read the Source and listened to undergroundradio @ 11PM knew that Nas was the truth. NO ONE ELSE from the East coast in the mid 90's did for this side like Biggie did. Nobody.

My-T.

Originally Posted by gambit215

IMO, people outside of the NY/NJ shouldnt have a say on who the best rappers are anyway

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Take note from the 215 in ur screename family, Philly>>>>>>>>>>>>>New York, New Jersey.

The only thing that made Biggie ahead of his time was his voice and delivery. In terms of lyricism, he wasn't light years of anyone...And as far as mixing lyricism+flow..

C'mon b.

Who killed "Notorious Thugs" back when only people that were doing that rapid fire %**% was Bone, Twista and Do or Die.

I've never heard a wack Biggie verse. EVER. EVER.

Thats saying something.

And how is someone's voice "ahead of its time"?

Go listen to "+!%$+! Bleed" or "Warning" and tell me if Nas coulda done something like that. You can see every line of that $@$% in yourhead. Every single line. Even with "I Got A Story To Tell", cats are still trying to figure out who was the basketball player.

My-T.

BIG DADDY KANE

He said it himself

Son said he listened to Kane, he didn't say he got his style from him.

Of course I'm probably arguing with one of them "Golden Era" bammas, I used to be like you, thought that if it wasn't pre-96 it wasn't any good, but I've learned to move on. Biggie changed the game b, he brought the rap scene back to the East coast BY HIMSELF. Wu-Tang was on some other stuff, Nas was basically underground, bruvas wasn't checkin' for Nas on a mainstream level, only cats that read the Source and listened to underground radio @ 11PM knew that Nas was the truth. NO ONE ELSE from the East coast in the mid 90's did for this side like Biggie did. Nobody.

My-T.

smh

it seems like you don't know much about hip hop

You right bamma. I don't.

But if thats the best reply that you can give in this arguement. You might wanna change that MainSource avatar...

laugh.gif

Bamma gonna tell me how much I know about music that I was listening to before he was on this earth...

My-T.

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

IMO, people outside of the NY/NJ shouldnt have a say on who the best rappers are anyway

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Take note from the 215 in ur screename family, Philly>>>>>>>>>>>>>New York, New Jersey.

this is the perfect quote to reflect how NYC feels about Philly:

Y'all n***s deal with emotions like #!$**%$
What's sad is I love you 'cause you're my brother
You traded your soul for riches
My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watching his only son that made it
You seem to be only concerned with dissing women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?
Well life is hard, hug me, don't reject me
Or make records to disrespect me, blatent or indirectly
In '88 you was getting chased through your building
Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers

ALL I DID WAS GAVE YOU A STYLE FOR YOU TO RUN WITH
pimp.gif

You right bamma. I don't.

But if thats the best reply that you can give in this arguement. You might wanna change that Main Source avatar...

laugh.gif

Bamma gonna tell me how much I know about music that I was listening to before he was on this earth...

My-T.

fall back duke

for u to say Biggie didn't get his style from Kane automatic tells me you knew heard a Kane album. Just take the L son

He didn't get his style from Kane.

He was influenced by Kane.

There is a distinct difference.

Little Brother didn't get their style from Tribe Called Quest or De La.

They were influenced by them.

No way in hell Kane's style is remotely similar to Juicy, Gimme The Loot, Machine Gun Funk, etc.

Get real b.

You wanna talk about stealing someone's style, holler @ Jay-Z in reference to Biggie.

C'mon now...

My-T.

Bethca Biggie won't slip
I got the calico with the black talons loaded in the clip
so I can rip through the ligaments
put they bodies in a bad prediciment
where all the foul *##%$# went
Touch my cheddar, feel my Beretta
Buck with what I had you with
you !@@+##%$#+$+% betta duck
I bring pain, blood stains on what remains
Of his jacket, he had a gun he should've packed it
Cocked it, extra clips in my pocket
so I can reload and explode down ya rasshole
I @$!! around and get hardcore
C4 to ya door no beef no more
feel the rush scandalous
The more weed smoke I puff the more dangerous
I dont give a @$!! about you or your weak crew
What you gonna do when Big Poppa comes for you
I'm not runnin, #$%@* I bust my gun in
Hold on I hear somebody comin........

G.O.A.T

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

this is the perfect quote to reflect how NYC feels about Philly:

Y'all n***s deal with emotions like #!$**%$
What's sad is I love you 'cause you're my brother
You traded your soul for riches
My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watching his only son that made it
You seem to be only concerned with dissing women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?
Well life is hard, hug me, don't reject me
Or make records to disrespect me, blatent or indirectly
In '88 you was getting chased through your building
Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers

ALL I DID WAS GAVE YOU A STYLE FOR YOU TO RUN WITH
pimp.gif

I didn't ask you how NYC felt about Philly.
laugh.gif
Real rap, Phillydon't cop no swag from New York. None at all. NY wanna run around believing that nonsense because it makes them feel better. Negative family.

I've never heard a wack Biggie verse. EVER. EVER.

Thats saying something.

And how is someone's voice "ahead of its time"?

Go listen to "+!%$+! Bleed" or "Warning" and tell me if Nas coulda done something like that. You can see every line of that $@$% in your head. Every single line. Even with "I Got A Story To Tell", cats are still trying to figure out who was the basketball player.
When I said voice, I meant his range and pitch. If you listen Gimme the Loot and Dead Wrong, you can tell the difference in the bass of his voicecompared to other songs...that helped his flow and made him sound like he pulled off his %$!$ effortlessly. Don't start with the Biggie vs Nas becauseI'll play fair and we can compare just Nas first two albums to Biggie's joints and you'll lose that argument family.

He didn't get his style from Kane.

He was influenced by Kane.

There is a distinct difference.

Little Brother didn't get their style from Tribe Called Quest or De La.

They were influenced by them.

No way in hell Kane's style is remotely similar to Juicy, Gimme The Loot, Machine Gun Funk, etc.

Get real b.

You wanna talk about stealing someone's style, holler @ Jay-Z in reference to Biggie.

C'mon now...

My-T.

Clay Davis - Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttt

11 years already. R.I.P. to one of the best to rap. "One More Chance" still get the females singing the hook and "Warning" still gets mehyped.

Back
Top Bottom