So I was Reading The Book Of Luke... Vol. Jesus Christ Is Amazing.

whyhellothere wrote:

No, you either love Jesus & party with me & my angel crew in heaven
pimp.gif

or you suffer & will beg for forgiveness during the last days when it is to late for your souls and the evil dragon will tear your apart. the choice is yours. Please choose the side of the holy spirit.
smokin.gif

You must have conveniently missed the part of the Bible that says, "Thou Shall Not Judge".... Looks like you'll be joining us in our "suffering"... Good Luck

whyhellothere wrote:

pimp.gif

or you suffer & will beg for forgiveness during the last days when it is to late for your souls and the evil dragon will tear your apart. the choice is yours. Please choose the side of the holy spirit.
smokin.gif

You must have conveniently missed the part of the Bible that says, "Thou Shall Not Judge".... Looks like you'll be joining us in our "suffering"... Good Luck

Originally Posted by derp

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Feels so good to love jesus
pimp.gif

Atheist please change your minds and believe in our lord and savior before it is too late for your souls.
tired.gif

Let's for a second say that God & Jesus do exist..

What is to say Atheists still do not make it to heaven.. There are plenty of Atheists who live far more moral lives than believers..

Their lack of belief based on the bible means they do not get to go to heaven even if they lead more moral lives of people in heaven?

Do not judge lest ye be judged...

And your premise of "atheist change your minds" basically degenerates the belief of Jesus into something as simple as choosing what to wear tomorrow..

I'm an Agnostic on the side of Atheism,,, Let's say I'm wrong.. When I go up to the Pearly Gates..If I'm not accepted for what I am then I don't want to be there..
pimp.gif

or you suffer. the choice is yours. Please choose the side of the holy spirit.
smokin.gif
I'm sensing sarcasm...  But I'll assume it isn't...

I'll choose the side of living life on my own terms.. And helping people because I'm a good person not because someone is making me....

Also I hope you actually read the Bible all the way through because the simple belief in Jesus is not your ticket to Heaven.. There are thousands of precursors.. Things that you don't think need to be taken literally.. That were written to be taken literally.. Do you really think that the book written by God is metaphors? Do you think you only follow it the way you think he means?

I.e.  If you become rich = hell
      You work on the Sabbath = hell
      If you ever ate anything that has fat in it = hell
      Mixing materials of clothing = hell

Also let's not forget that Jesus Christ was JEWISH... So that by itself would make Christianity itself not the religion to pick to accept Jesus Christ..

I can agree that there are tremendous things written in the Bible, things every person should try to live by... BUT there are also despicable and inhumane things against the exact teachings of the Premise of Jesus itself..

Choosing to live a moral life yourself>>>>>>>>>>>> Choosing to live a moral life for your own personal gain (immortality in heaven)...

Wait, im confused.
Do you believe in God and choose NOT to follow God's rules.

Or do you just not believe in God at all.

No I'm combating the notion that belief doesn't really mean anything...

Because if you ever worked on Sunday it doesn't matter if you believe or not you should have been punished by death...

Was God/ Jesus just playing around with that part? Was it to your discretion to ignore his principles?

I'm saying that the whole religion is hypocritical.. And if the basis of the religion is on the word of god, then he's a hypocrite also..

And I'm also saying the Christians who do live moral lives simply because the bible says you need to in order to make it to heaven... Won't make it to heaven either because it is done under selfish motives

Corinthians 9:7 "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."   Kind of hypocritical in a sense that you must accept Jesus, live a moral life to get into heaven, but you can't be moral for the reason to get into heaven.

Feels so good to love jesus
pimp.gif

Atheist please change your minds and believe in our lord and savior before it is too late for your souls.
tired.gif

Let's for a second say that God & Jesus do exist..

What is to say Atheists still do not make it to heaven.. There are plenty of Atheists who live far more moral lives than believers..

Their lack of belief based on the bible means they do not get to go to heaven even if they lead more moral lives of people in heaven?

Do not judge lest ye be judged...

And your premise of "atheist change your minds" basically degenerates the belief of Jesus into something as simple as choosing what to wear tomorrow..

I'm an Agnostic on the side of Atheism,,, Let's say I'm wrong.. When I go up to the Pearly Gates..If I'm not accepted for what I am then I don't want to be there..
pimp.gif

or you suffer. the choice is yours. Please choose the side of the holy spirit.
smokin.gif

I'll choose the side of living life on my own terms.. And helping people because I'm a good person not because someone is making me....

Also I hope you actually read the Bible all the way through because the simple belief in Jesus is not your ticket to Heaven.. There are thousands of precursors.. Things that you don't think need to be taken literally.. That were written to be taken literally.. Do you really think that the book written by God is metaphors? Do you think you only follow it the way you think he means?

Also let's not forget that Jesus Christ was JEWISH... So that by itself would make Christianity itself not the religion to pick to accept Jesus Christ..

I can agree that there are tremendous things written in the Bible, things every person should try to live by... BUT there are also despicable and inhumane things against the exact teachings of the Premise of Jesus itself..

Choosing to live a moral life yourself>>>>>>>>>>>> Choosing to live a moral life for your own personal gain (immortality in heaven)...

Wait, im confused.
Do you believe in God and choose NOT to follow God's rules.

Or do you just not believe in God at all.

No I'm combating the notion that belief doesn't really mean anything...

Because if you ever worked on Sunday it doesn't matter if you believe or not you should have been punished by death...

Was God/ Jesus just playing around with that part? Was it to your discretion to ignore his principles?

I'm saying that the whole religion is hypocritical.. And if the basis of the religion is on the word of god, then he's a hypocrite also..

And I'm also saying the Christians who do live moral lives simply because the bible says you need to in order to make it to heaven... Won't make it to heaven either because it is done under selfish motives

Corinthians 9:7 "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."   Kind of hypocritical in a sense that you must accept Jesus, live a moral life to get into heaven, but you can't be moral for the reason to get into heaven.

eyes.gif
you just dont get it
Loving Jesus Christ & investing in the church is the only way you can live a moral life
You seem to enjoy defying what the bible is trying to teach us.
30t6p3b.gif
Because of your ignorance and lack of understanding and faith, I will be relaxing in the house i was promised in heaven for eternity.  You on the other hand....
tumblr_l5x887LG2N1qco8fzo1_500.jpg
Fairytales are fun
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
you just dont get it
Loving Jesus Christ & investing in the church is the only way you can live a moral life
30t6p3b.gif
Because of your ignorance and lack of understanding and faith, I will be relaxing in the house i was promised in heaven for eternity.  You on the other hand....
Fairytales are fun
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at dudes writing essays about how "wrong" Christianity is. If you don't believe it then why come in the thread to talk about it
indifferent.gif

whyhellothere wrote:
eyes.gif
you just dont get it
30t6p3b.gif

So what about the Megachurches... When you invest in them, you are allowed to go to heaven.... But the man who preaches the word of god, is a millionaire... He therefore NOT ALLOWED IN HEAVEN

whyhellothere wrote:
eyes.gif
you just dont get it
30t6p3b.gif

So what about the Megachurches... When you invest in them, you are allowed to go to heaven.... But the man who preaches the word of god, is a millionaire... He therefore NOT ALLOWED IN HEAVEN

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at dudes writing essays about how "wrong" Christianity is. If you don't believe it then why come in the thread to talk about it
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by rawjs

whyhellothere wrote:

pimp.gif

smokin.gif

truth hurts.....dude's gonna be in hell with me like "this some bull$%$"
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by rawjs

whyhellothere wrote:

pimp.gif

smokin.gif

indifferent.gif

He is automatically granted a key because he has helped the masses see the correct path
AntonLaVey wrote:
rawjs wrote:

indifferent.gif

nope, thou that is a believer & loves jesus can judge all he wants as long as its against those that do not believe

He is automatically granted a key because he has helped the masses see the correct path
AntonLaVey wrote:
rawjs wrote:

indifferent.gif

nope, thou that is a believer & loves jesus can judge all he wants as long as its against those that do not believe

AntonLaVey wrote:
rawjs wrote:

indifferent.gif

[sup]2[/sup] At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. [sup]3[/sup] The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group [sup]4[/sup] and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. [sup]5[/sup] In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?

AntonLaVey wrote:
rawjs wrote:

indifferent.gif

[sup]2[/sup] At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. [sup]3[/sup] The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group [sup]4[/sup] and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. [sup]5[/sup] In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?

Originally Posted by sevit86

reposting because NT always seems to skip over my posts 
laugh.gif

i just want to know what those who consider themselves Christian think of

those who don't follow their religion.

derp wrote:
I was in Church and my senior pastor was speaking.
I'm Korean but im not fluent in understanding/speaking so i just decided to open up the Bible.

I began reading the book of Luke and wow. It amazed me to read what Jesus said.

Book of Luke is mostly about Jesus going from town to town giving preaching and stuff.

Heres some quotes that I read + found from Jesus Christ that i loved.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS A BASHING CHRISTIANITY THREAD/SARCASTIC/PRIVATE FLAMES.

IM TIRED OF SEEING ARGUMENTS.

Feel free to add your own!

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you

What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul
Your faith has saved you; go in peace
Yes I am with you always, until the very end of time.
In the world you will have trouble but take courage for I have conquered the world
Bless are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

You read a book written by men that was written thousands of years ago by people just as full of %^&* as people now. 
This book you are talking about wasn't even translated properly from todays scholars and many of the words are still being translated to this day.  And constant new "editions" are being made from their mistranslated words from companies who interpet their translations of old ones that are wrong to begin with. 

People back then thought the sun was 15 miles away and the earth was the center of the cosmos (they still thought the earth was flat as well).

The new testament was also written to compensate for the romans. 

The Bible tells you to repress your "natural" emotions and that giving birth is sacred but sex is disgusting and should be loathed.

Christians during the medieval period were told that bathing was a sin by the church because washing off dirt that was made by "god" was

considered sacrilegious ( even the elite of that time period bathed once six months, once a week was a luxury) 

The bible condones slavery and represses women. the people who wrote the bible thought the earth was 10,000 years old and that there was a alternate dimension you travel to after death depending on how u lead your life. 

You either go to a place of eternal bliss or your burn in fire for the rest of your life.

Many if not all of the religious staples mentioned in the bible are all taken from other religions including paganism, which christians thought to be invented by the devil 
eyes.gif

Poseidon's Trident/ Lucifer's Pitchfork

Pentagon (represents the key elements in nature and used for other religous purposes/ considered a satanic symbol similar to how the nazis used the swastika

Jesus's entire life story was taken almost word for word by other religions at the time. (and they would eventually be persecuted by Christians as satan worshippers).

there are more if you want to look it up

Did you type your words in all white? ( i couldnt see it when i quoted you)
You need to understand 2 things.

1. During the Medieval Times, there were A LOT of corrupted churches.

And most of these people were NOT Christians. They were Catholics.

Also, many of the priest during that time only cared paintings, money, and looking rich.

They were uneducated not because they lacked intelligence, but because their mentor was

not educated on the Bible and also because their greed got to them.

No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. There is the Old Testament and the New Testament.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Old Testament is about the laws given to Moses from God.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Times were different back then. In the Old Testament, it states a female cannot speak in church.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Again, times were different back then.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The New Testament fulfills the Old Testament. Yes, the 10 Commandments are still there.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, the New Testament is about Jesus and why he came down.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To take the sins that we all committed + will commit.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesus said himself, "I have a new commandment...."[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the OT, you needed to work for salvation. Since Jesus Christ came, we no longer need to sacrifice a lamb or whatever.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why? Because Jesus traveled through infinity to be like us. Us as in humans. Humans who are all sinners.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He became like us physically, but he was still the son of God. He sacrificed himself in order for us to live and have salvation. [/font]

you do know the bible was written 2000yrs after the events mentioned in the bible? the bible originally was word of mouth because it was illegal by some nations during that time and christians were executed back then (romans used to use them as entertainment in the coliseum, and they were fed to wild animals). try saying 2 sentences to someone and get that person to tell another and so on, after the first few people that sentence said sounds nothing like what u said or remember. Now, imagine that but an entire book and imagine trying to keep that word of mouth for 2000 years. 

people nowadays dont believe in extraterrestrial life but believe there once walked on the earth a supernatural being that with the super powers of a comic book character. who's lineage came from a being that doesn't do anytting but watch humanity rip itself apart?

laugh.gif

derp wrote:
I'm Korean but im not fluent in understanding/speaking so i just decided to open up the Bible.

Book of Luke is mostly about Jesus going from town to town giving preaching and stuff.

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you

In the world you will have trouble but take courage for I have conquered the world
Bless are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

You read a book written by men that was written thousands of years ago by people just as full of %^&* as people now. 
This book you are talking about wasn't even translated properly from todays scholars and many of the words are still being translated to this day.  And constant new "editions" are being made from their mistranslated words from companies who interpet their translations of old ones that are wrong to begin with. 

People back then thought the sun was 15 miles away and the earth was the center of the cosmos (they still thought the earth was flat as well).

The Bible tells you to repress your "natural" emotions and that giving birth is sacred but sex is disgusting and should be loathed.

Christians during the medieval period were told that bathing was a sin by the church because washing off dirt that was made by "god" was

considered sacrilegious ( even the elite of that time period bathed once six months, once a week was a luxury) 

The bible condones slavery and represses women. the people who wrote the bible thought the earth was 10,000 years old and that there was a alternate dimension you travel to after death depending on how u lead your life. 

You either go to a place of eternal bliss or your burn in fire for the rest of your life.

Many if not all of the religious staples mentioned in the bible are all taken from other religions including paganism, which christians thought to be invented by the devil 
eyes.gif

Pentagon (represents the key elements in nature and used for other religous purposes/ considered a satanic symbol similar to how the nazis used the swastika

Jesus's entire life story was taken almost word for word by other religions at the time. (and they would eventually be persecuted by Christians as satan worshippers).

Also, many of the priest during that time only cared paintings, money, and looking rich.

They were uneducated not because they lacked intelligence, but because their mentor was

No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. There is the Old Testament and the New Testament.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Old Testament is about the laws given to Moses from God.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Times were different back then. In the Old Testament, it states a female cannot speak in church.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Again, times were different back then.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The New Testament fulfills the Old Testament. Yes, the 10 Commandments are still there.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]However, the New Testament is about Jesus and why he came down.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To take the sins that we all committed + will commit.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesus said himself, "I have a new commandment...."[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the OT, you needed to work for salvation. Since Jesus Christ came, we no longer need to sacrifice a lamb or whatever.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why? Because Jesus traveled through infinity to be like us. Us as in humans. Humans who are all sinners.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He became like us physically, but he was still the son of God. He sacrificed himself in order for us to live and have salvation. [/font]

you do know the bible was written 2000yrs after the events mentioned in the bible? the bible originally was word of mouth because it was illegal by some nations during that time and christians were executed back then (romans used to use them as entertainment in the coliseum, and they were fed to wild animals). try saying 2 sentences to someone and get that person to tell another and so on, after the first few people that sentence said sounds nothing like what u said or remember. Now, imagine that but an entire book and imagine trying to keep that word of mouth for 2000 years. 

people nowadays dont believe in extraterrestrial life but believe there once walked on the earth a supernatural being that with the super powers of a comic book character. who's lineage came from a being that doesn't do anytting but watch humanity rip itself apart?

whyhellothere wrote:
eyes.gif
you just dont get it
30t6p3b.gif

Finance is something very "hard" to talk about.
Of course being a Pastor is a job so they get a certain percent from the Church.

The more people in a church = the more $ the church gets to spend for the church + to pay the pastors.

I don't get why you guys think that if you're a millionaire it means you cant go to heaven....?

You can have wealth, but still keep your heart to God.

In the Bible it says (forgot what book and the exact words)

-Be a cheerful giver. Do not boast about your offering for that will be your reward. 

which means, God will bless you for being a cheerful giver who wants to use the money for God.

But the people that boast, your reward will be the feeling of being boastful.

Yes, it is in the Bible btw.

The exact words of Jesus

"Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
  • 22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
  • 23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
So yes.. A Megachurch preacher may get in... BUT any wealth you have MUST BE GIVEN AWAY...

Any person who keeps riches to themselves are not allowed to get to heaven..

And in today's terms what do we consider rich... Compared to a homeless person you are rich.. Did you donate to him, help him get shelter?

The Bible is just a circular book like those old mystery book that say if you want to enter the cave turn to page 46.. When you go to page 46 and find out you die, you go back to the original page and go to the woods on page 75

whyhellothere wrote:
eyes.gif
you just dont get it
30t6p3b.gif

Finance is something very "hard" to talk about.
Of course being a Pastor is a job so they get a certain percent from the Church.

The more people in a church = the more $ the church gets to spend for the church + to pay the pastors.

I don't get why you guys think that if you're a millionaire it means you cant go to heaven....?

You can have wealth, but still keep your heart to God.

In the Bible it says (forgot what book and the exact words)

-Be a cheerful giver. Do not boast about your offering for that will be your reward. 

which means, God will bless you for being a cheerful giver who wants to use the money for God.

But the people that boast, your reward will be the feeling of being boastful.

Yes, it is in the Bible btw.

The exact words of Jesus

"Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
  • 22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
  • 23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
So yes.. A Megachurch preacher may get in... BUT any wealth you have MUST BE GIVEN AWAY...

Any person who keeps riches to themselves are not allowed to get to heaven..

And in today's terms what do we consider rich... Compared to a homeless person you are rich.. Did you donate to him, help him get shelter?

The Bible is just a circular book like those old mystery book that say if you want to enter the cave turn to page 46.. When you go to page 46 and find out you die, you go back to the original page and go to the woods on page 75

We making up scriptures now? WeLL that wouldn't be a first.

"The Lord God saideth unto Sir Anton of Pagan Trenches, I giveth thee harlot forged from thy rib. I giveth thee the finest wine and full command of the birds and the hood rodents. Partake in such pleasures and I shall grant you eternal life in the Kingdom of the Lord"-Book of Anton, Chapter 5, verse 1.

We making up scriptures now? WeLL that wouldn't be a first.

"The Lord God saideth unto Sir Anton of Pagan Trenches, I giveth thee harlot forged from thy rib. I giveth thee the finest wine and full command of the birds and the hood rodents. Partake in such pleasures and I shall grant you eternal life in the Kingdom of the Lord"-Book of Anton, Chapter 5, verse 1.

I dont know why its necessary for Atheists to always troll a religious thread...I mean dude was obviously moved by what he read in the book of Luke and wanted to share it with NT....not to share and be trolled and proven that his religion is wrong.

OP I like your post but dont post things like this on Niketalk, although this is somewhat the opposite of what our religion would want its going among deaf ears...and I can specifically name some names that I see in every religious thread bashing and trying to create arguments with the OP which is kind of stupid

but like I said its okay to have an opinion but to come in to strictly bash a religion without even reading what OP has to say is ridiculous, I'm sure we all could have gotten something from at least one of those quotes

please give homie a break

I dont know why its necessary for Atheists to always troll a religious thread...I mean dude was obviously moved by what he read in the book of Luke and wanted to share it with NT....not to share and be trolled and proven that his religion is wrong.

OP I like your post but dont post things like this on Niketalk, although this is somewhat the opposite of what our religion would want its going among deaf ears...and I can specifically name some names that I see in every religious thread bashing and trying to create arguments with the OP which is kind of stupid

but like I said its okay to have an opinion but to come in to strictly bash a religion without even reading what OP has to say is ridiculous, I'm sure we all could have gotten something from at least one of those quotes

please give homie a break

laugh.gif

derp wrote:

eyes.gif

[/font]

[/font]

God and God alone determined what went in the Bible.
Holy Spirit spoke to the mens who wrote and put the Bible together.

No words should be taken out, and no words should be put in the Bible.

Yes, it was flaw when putting it together (since we're only human), but like i said, God

specifically told what goes in and out.  

so all the different variants of the bible are all condoned by god? 
are all the different sects of christianity are all condoned?

every editor that translates the bibles in this modern age are all touched by god?

so if your catholic that means god allows pedophiles because the pope allows his priests to practice something so horrid?

Christianity is a cash cow, churches make millions every year, tax free.

nothing more, nothing less

Back
Top Bottom