So I Got Into An Argument At The Gym... VOl. D rose

Originally Posted by ehh

Rose will end up better than D-Will, not sure about CP3.

i feel the same way...but yall missing alot of stuff out of trades like team chemistry..but besides that..its crazy how the bulls go to drose in the clutch andhe produces..havent seen that from a rookie in a long time..he has a long way to go...trust me..ive been watching him for a long time too..and i really haventseen him go full speed in a game yet..sounds crazy but i havent
also, he's too humble of a ball player for me when he can be a killer..he doesnt have that killer instict though..

If u weigh out the risk/reward...there's so much risk in hoping that Rose develops to even be as good as Chris Paul. There's even greater risk inhoping he surpasses chris paul. Obviously it's possible that he does, but Chris Paul is going to be a 1st ballot hall of famer.

You don't gamble when the odds are so strongly against you, and even if Rose does wind up better, how much better of a point guard than chris paul can youhave...

If every nba roster broke up and there was a fantasy draft nba2k style, and a GM takes DerrickRose over Chris Paul, he would get fired with the quickness.

if they called me up today for the deal...i'd woulda made the move last week...they give you the best opportunity to win with that supporting cast on thebulls...but Rose will be a great PG within the next couple yrs

Originally Posted by jefffort5

and how much better would one player make the bulls? exactly \thread
laugh.gif
Jeff u wildin.

If the Bulls Swapped DROSE with CP RIGHT NOW, they would be the 4th best team in the East. You cant deny that.

no they wouldnt..cuz the rest of the team is so unproductive and injury pron...cp3 has far better players than the bulls

no they wouldnt..cuz the rest of the team is so unproductive and injury pron...cp3 has far better players than the bulls
exit.jpg

they do...its a fact...the bulls may have potentially better players but they dont play like it..i almost watch every bulls game..and their biggest problem isdefense..which neither derron or paul would fix

I would take the boy D. Wills anyday over Derrick Rose even though i think hes done alot for that Chichago team i hope he gets better players soon or theytrade him somewhere better lol
laugh.gif

While Pooh may have better individual players, thats just it they play for themselves not their role or strengths, this is partly due to coaching. Chris has anall star in David west and a defensive presence in Tyson (where the +#%@ was this while you were here you douche) and legit shooters and everybody knows theirrole which makes for a more cohesive unit and allows him to succeed.

This is what it comes down to when having a conversation like this. You fail to realize or take into consideration that Pooh would be a sophmore in collegeright now. He is far more advanced at this age/baskietball yrs playing than they were. Chris had two yrs to develop in college and Deron had 3 so you wouldexpect them to be more defined as players than he is.

However if you judge them at the same levels interms of age/amount of time playing (ala at 19/20 Chris v Deron v Derrick) He's the no brainer as towho's better. In two yrs we'll see what his work ethic is like and how he develops(he's already improved his jumpshot tremendously which is a goodsign) but as of right now, I might be reserved in keeping Pooh and if it came back to bite me in the *!# that would just be a chance I'd have to take.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

While Pooh may have better individual players, thats just it they play for themselves not their role or strengths, this is partly due to coaching. Chris has an all star in David west and a defensive presence in Tyson (where the +#%@ was this while you were here you douche) and legit shooters and everybody knows their role which makes for a more cohesive unit and allows him to succeed.

This is what it comes down to when having a conversation like this. You fail to realize or take into consideration that Pooh would be a sophmore in college right now. He is far more advanced at this age/baskietball yrs playing than they were. Chris had two yrs to develop in college and Deron had 3 so you would expect them to be more defined as players than he is.

However if you judge them at the same levels interms of age/amount of time playing (ala at 19/20 Chris v Deron v Derrick) He's the no brainer as to who's better. In two yrs we'll see what his work ethic is like and how he develops(he's already improved his jumpshot tremendously which is a good sign) but as of right now, I might be reserved in keeping Pooh and if it came back to bite me in the *!# that would just be a chance I'd have to take.
You are absolutely bugging by saying DRose at 20 was clearly ahead of CP at 20. He was above him physically yea, but not as a player.

You gotta remember that the current Hornets pieces were put in place only after they realized that CP was as special as he is.... I agree with you on the DavidWest point but lets be serious, if you swap Ty Thomas with Ty Chandler ,Thomas would be a beast and Chandler would go back to his Chicago days.

Im just saying, anyone who wouldnt trade CP for DRose would be a total idiot. Im 24 and hes clearly the best PG Ive watched in my generation.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

While Pooh may have better individual players, thats just it they play for themselves not their role or strengths, this is partly due to coaching. Chris has an all star in David west and a defensive presence in Tyson (where the +#%@ was this while you were here you douche) and legit shooters and everybody knows their role which makes for a more cohesive unit and allows him to succeed.

This is what it comes down to when having a conversation like this. You fail to realize or take into consideration that Pooh would be a sophmore in college right now. He is far more advanced at this age/baskietball yrs playing than they were. Chris had two yrs to develop in college and Deron had 3 so you would expect them to be more defined as players than he is.

However if you judge them at the same levels interms of age/amount of time playing (ala at 19/20 Chris v Deron v Derrick) He's the no brainer as to who's better. In two yrs we'll see what his work ethic is like and how he develops(he's already improved his jumpshot tremendously which is a good sign) but as of right now, I might be reserved in keeping Pooh and if it came back to bite me in the *!# that would just be a chance I'd have to take.
You are absolutely bugging by saying DRose at 20 was clearly ahead of CP at 20. He was above him physically yea, but not as a player.

You gotta remember that the current Hornets pieces were put in place only after they realized that CP was as special as he is.... And lets be serious, if you swap Ty Thomas with Ty Chandler Thomas would be a beast and Chandler would go back to his Chicago days.

Im just saying, anyone who wouldnt trade CP for DRose would be a total idiot. Im 24 and hes clearly the best PG Ive watched in my generation.

So you're saying that Chris was better as a sophmore at Wake Forest than Pooh is now???? I disagree but I'll give it to you that Chris is the best pgI've seen since Jason, he is amazing.

i see a lot of people are giving cp3 most of the credit for what is going on in NO. you guys watch too much espn. cp3 is good but the players that surround himare not wack. lets not forget he has an allstar beside him in west. i like deron williams better than cp3 but that's just my opinion. i like his game. andas for rose. rose will be better than both. why? he is faster than both of them, i would say he can definitely create his own shot better than cp3 but williamsfor now creates his own shot better. the only thing rose has to work on really is his jumper and he'll be on par with both of them. also, i'll throw inthe fact that this dude cp3 DID NOT have a jumper when he came into the L. he developed it. so give rose 2 or 3 years and then you'll his upside.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

i see a lot of people are giving cp3 most of the credit for what is going on in NO. you guys watch too much espn. cp3 is good but the players that surround him are not wack. lets not forget he has an allstar beside him in west. i like deron williams better than cp3 but that's just my opinion. i like his game. and as for rose. rose will be better than both. why? he is faster than both of them, i would say he can definitely create his own shot better than cp3 but williams for now creates his own shot better. the only thing rose has to work on really is his jumper and he'll be on par with both of them. also, i'll throw in the fact that this dude cp3 DID NOT have a jumper when he came into the L. he developed it. so give rose 2 or 3 years and then you'll his upside.

So let me get this straight
laugh.gif

In your opinion, Derrick Rose will be better than Deron Williams AND Chris Paul simply because hes faster than both of them?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

All Rose has to work on is his jumpshot and hell be on par with both of them?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You my friend are the one that needs to stop tuning into sportscenter... If pro ball was that easy do you know how many 6'2 200 lb super athletic pgs wouldbe in the league? Theres thousands of them out there and I know a few of them. They play in streetball tournaments for free:lol:

Also for the record, NO ONE who knows anything about ball is gonna agree with you on your Chris Paul opinions... I mean, you said
i see a lot of people are giving cp3 most of the credit for what is going on in NO.

Who else you gonna give the credit to??? Take him off that team and they are the 11th seed in the west.

cp3 is good but the players that surround him are not wack.

Hes way past good.

and the scary part is...like i said..i haven't seen him go FULL SPEED YET...he plays real laid back..he hardly jumps when he dunks..he can blow pastanybody but he hardly does it..if he gets a killer instinct..its done with.because no body is keeping up with his speed

Basketball skills > Speed and athleticism. CP3 > Deron >>>>> Rose. Paul is a top 5 player in the NBA right now IMO. In terms of starting afranchise RIGHT NOW I can only think of 2 other players you could take before him, LeBron and Dwight (Kobe too but he's getting up there in age). Iseriously doubt Rose will ever be as great as Paul is, but he will be a very good player. I think some people are failing to realize how much of a monster Paulis...

And Paul had a much better rookie season than Rose is currently having. 5% better from 3, 5% better from FT, 1 more RPG, 1.5 more Assist PG, 1.5 more STL PG.The only cat Rose wins is FG by 4%. I don't really see how this is close. Any cat not mentioned was just about even btw.

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Basketball skills > Speed and athleticism. CP3 > Deron >>>>> Rose. Paul is a top 5 player in the NBA right now IMO. In terms of starting a franchise RIGHT NOW I can only think of 2 other players you could take before him, LeBron and Dwight (Kobe too but he's getting up there in age). I seriously doubt Rose will ever be as great as Paul is, but he will be a very good player. I think some people are failing to realize how much of a monster Paul is...

i honestly dont think ppl dnt realize how nonchalant rose is playing right now..but i think only ppl from chicago would kno that..no diss..just beinghonest...for example..he won the skills challenge..and he was going extra slow..i mean real slow

Basketball skills > Speed and athleticism. CP3 > Deron >>>>> Rose. Paul is a top 5 player in the NBA right now IMO. In terms of starting a franchise RIGHT NOW I can only think of 2 other players you could take before him, LeBron and Dwight (Kobe too but he's getting up there in age). I seriously doubt Rose will ever be as great as Paul is, but he will be a very good player. I think some people are failing to realize how much of a monster Paul is...

i honestly dont think ppl dnt realize how nonchalant rose is playing right now..but i think only ppl from chicago would kno that..no diss..just being honest...for example..he won the skills challenge..and he was going extra slow..i mean real slow

And playing nonchalant would be a good quality to have...? I'm confused.

i honestly dont think ppl dnt realize how nonchalant rose is playing right now..but i think only ppl from chicago would kno that..no diss..just being honest...for example..he won the skills challenge..and he was going extra slow..i mean real slow

And playing nonchalant would be a good quality to have...? I'm confused.
guess u missed my other posts.but ill clear it up...im saying the way he plays(nonchalant)..and the way he performs now...just give hime a coupleyrs when he gets a killer instinct...he has a tremendous upside..

Jeff, once again your buggin
laugh.gif

He can half $*! it for his whole career if thats what he wanna do... No one cares about that. Derrick Coleman was one of the best college players of all timeand he half assed it in the league and never lived up to his potential. And hes just one of the list of MANY. And im not saying thats whats gonna happen withDRose but you never know...

The skills competition???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Cmon, no one cares about that. Its all about what happens in the game... And honestly, it seems like he half @%@#% it in some games as well.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Jeff, once again your buggin
laugh.gif

He can half $*! it for his whole career if thats what he wanna do... No one cares about that. Derrick Coleman was one of the best college players of all time and he half assed it in the league and never lived up to his potential. And hes just one of the list of MANY. And im not saying thats whats gonna happen with DRose but you never know...

The skills competition???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Cmon, no one cares about that. Its all about what happens in the game... And honestly, it seems like he half @%@#% it in some games as well.
i was jus giving an example about how he beat other dudes in the skill challenge that was actually going for it...he really wasnt..and yea u cantell that he half ### it sumtimes....and im saying..he gets a killer instict..its done with..he has too much of an upside....and the ting about derrick colemanwas he had a i dont give a F attitude...rose is just a humble laid back dude..he gets that killer in him..imma be telling you i told u so

look at lebron his rookie season..then look at him two or three seasons after..big big difference...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Deron/CP3 > Rose for a while.

You take the proven all-star's, both probably future hall of famers over the guy who has had a great rookie year but is still unproven.

Back
Top Bottom