So I deleted my Facebook today

not on fb or other social media things. quick question:

when somebody dies in real life, what happens to their facebook and other accounts? are they left active as ghostly reminders of what once was, or is there a way for somebody else to shut your page/feed down after you die?

It just stays there, some families (like a family I know) changes it up to commemorate the death. Others request for it to be deleted. Most just leave it there.

Op just unplugged himself from the matrix.
Here's another example from the matrix below, how does a Bronx/WashHeights chickenrat get 86 likes in 9mins, NINE minutes.
What did she do that was so spectacular and what am I looking at that's worth 86 likes? Can you imagine the self esteem roller coasters Facebook causes?

I get pissed staring in awe at the eff'show Facebook puts on 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Last edited:
You can remove people from showing up in your newsfeed but still have them added as "friends". Makes FB A LOT better imo.

hell yea saw this thread and knew I was definitely getting in here to cosign :smokin

deleted mine about 8-9 months ago. Then I got a twitter account like last week but I deactivated it this weekend after realizing that it wasn't worth it and knew that I would actively try too hard to make a tweet be appreciated by my peers. :lol:

if you enjoy the communication you receive from people in any and all forms, then by all means use whatever you need to develop and sustain relationships with other people. If you feel like it isn't a good way of communicating with them, then just seek your friends out over a call and talk to them.

I also quit FB because I wanted to improve myself without external influence from my peers. Been jogging nearly everyday and started going to the gym last week.

Lots of people are on FB to maintain their image and presence in other people's lives through getting likes though.

damn dude. you are analyzing things waaaayyyy too much and twisting it to make yourself feel bad. your self-worth should not be proportionate to the number of likes/comments you get on facebook. fb is a fun little time waster and nothing more. don't let some online smoke and mirrors bring you down. maybe it's best that you really delete your account and stay away from facebook.

Op just unplugged himself from the matrix.
Here's another example from the matrix below, how does a Bronx/WashHeights chickenrat get 86 likes in 9mins, NINE minutes.

What did she do that was so spectacular and what am I looking at that's worth 86 likes? Can you imagine the self esteem roller coasters Facebook causes?

I get pissed staring in awe at the eff'show Facebook puts on 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

View media item 275339
I feel you op. But hold up. are you on EDGE right now? The ****?

dont trip kid, i havent erased my FB but i dont check it all day, maybe once a day to see how miserable everyone else is... i speak to all my REAL friendS in person or on the phone so it dont bother me if i get 1 like or 50 likes..

You can remove people from showing up in your newsfeed but still have them added as "friends". Makes FB A LOT better imo.

Didn't know this, just deleted quite a few people the other day when I logged on since I was tired of having their constant status updates there when I log on.

OP got no likes for this one? I agree myself, I contemplate deleting it every time I log on. Matter of fact, I'm deactivating it right now. It's just a community of pure stupidity and vanity.

OP got no likes for this one? I agree myself, I contemplate deleting it every time I log on. Matter of fact, I'm deactivating it right now. It's just a community of pure stupidity and vanity.

Funny seeing you here.

Last edited:
My reason? It was starting to chip away at my self-esteem, I just sucked at it. Never got likes, never got comments. I'm told my statuses were always brash and too truthful for the Facebook environment. 

I was literally miserable because of it, watching people get "likes on top of likes" for the dumbest **** like "YOLO", "N's be like" B's be like" memes.

I'm not jealous or anything just frustrated with my generation's platforms of communication.
:nerd:

I've used a fake name since day 1 so I can control who finds/friends me. Kept it around 100 friends, but even that's too much for me. I've muted maybe 40% on my list. I send an update maybe once every month or two. So why do I not delete the account? I think there's a certain amount of folks that like to have that ease of contact. It's no sweat off my back.

I personally prefer Twitter where there's more entertainment/anarchy. Following/Unfollowing anyone is much easier and non-committal.

To me, Twitter is like everyone in a dark room yelling things at the top of their lungs. Whereas Facebook has become all of one's "friends" dressing up and sitting in the same reunion reception for 4, 5, 6+ years.

Never made a facebook

Might make a twitter and instagram when i get a new phone..

I got no pics of me though :lol: haven't been in a pic since like 9th grade

fb is pointless now. **** talking about other ****, guys who think they're stuning. stupid statues and pics. only reason i have mine is cause of close friends, (have 300+ friends and only talk to about 10 or less) family in europe, my school page, and cause of a shoe group (buying/selling). thats all, won't never delete my fb but deactivate for some time which i have done before.  

Your either outgrowing your peers or your just being socially awkward 
I deleted my Facebook 4 months ago.
I came to realize that i just didn't care about what other people were doing.
At first i did feel weird not knowing what was going in the loop but then i realized i still have most peoples phone number

Like any other social media site it's what you make of it.

Maybe because I'm older (28) and most of my FB friends are well educated but I rarely see the nonsense some posters complain about

People post about sports, news, partying, traveling, and funny or interesting links and videos.

Easy way to keep in touch with family and friends all over.

Not trying to convince anyone facebook is great or anything but I think the issue is with your friends list vs something innately wrong with the site

I agree with you OP I hate facebook but eh, I'll keep mines. Why don't you just post one of those exciting *** stories I've seen you post on here, one of those are bound to get likes? Unless... :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom