So basically...In District 9... SPOILERS

Everyone displayed humanity except for the Black Africans?

043162484353ac736d6bb8b4db3d6a601571e432.gif

My brothers mentioned something along these lines after they saw this I believe. Think I'll go give this a..watch.

Most blatantly racist big box office movie I have ever seen...but i'm waiting on the stonefaces by the teenagers hypnotized by the flicks special effects.

Got dang it boy!!!!! I was just watching this movie
and was about to hit NT with a similar thread.....

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I see where you're coming at, but the aliens are more barbaric than the Africans. You may think how District 9 portrayed the Africans is racist, but inreality it is the truth. They wanted to make a sci-fi film which was realistic in its approach. I thought it was an excellent, thought-provoking movie.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Most blatantly racist big box office movie I have ever seen...but i'm waiting on the stonefaces by the teenagers hypnotized by the flicks special effects.

how was it racist? school me.

Bookmarked.

I got 30 more mins of the movie to go.....
Megavideo hit me with a pause cause I not going to subscribe.....
eyes.gif

I'll hit this thread up as soon as I get a chance.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

I see where you're coming at, but the aliens are more barbaric than the Africans. You may think how District 9 portrayed the Africans is racist, but in reality it is the truth. They wanted to make a sci-fi film which was realistic in its approach. I thought it was an excellent, thought-provoking movie.
Would you care to explain the logic behind this reasoning?

Everyone had redeeming qualities in the film....except the Blacks.

A white man was the hero...in AFRICA.

The Alien father was also a hero.

The Africans were prostitutes (for aliens), henchmen, gangsters, witch doctors, in the middle of the garbage with the Aliens. drug dealers, barbaric, moralless, prejudicial etc. etc.

The Aliens were a noble and persecuted peoples (basically parallel to the black race) who just wanted to go home but were the subject of persecution.

The Africans were killed in the most brutal, graphic and gory manners and there was not 1 African in the movie with redeeming qualities.

They even had little subconscious attacks, like the little alien "pet/animal" feeding on the brains of the black dead body.

You guys are reaching with this one. It was based in the heart of a slum IN africa. Slums everywhere have unsavory and barbaric characters in it.

I think the most barbaric of all the characters was the commander (white) who seemed hell bent on killing everything and everyone for sport. The mosttreacherous was the father in-law who heartlessly lied to his own daughter and subjected aliens to inhuman testing.

I could see if they portrayed black people that way if the movie was based in England or Australia....but they were in Africa. Stop reaching for racism.

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

You guys are reaching with this one. It was based in the heart of a slum IN africa. Slums everywhere have unsavory and barbaric characters in it.

I think the most barbaric of all the characters was the commander (white) who seemed hell bent on killing everything and everyone for sport. The most treacherous was the father in-law who heartlessly lied to his own daughter and subjected aliens to inhuman testing.

I could see if they portrayed black people that way if the movie was based in England or Australia....but they were in Africa. Stop reaching for racism.
yeah, the most evil characters in the movie were white
laugh.gif
according to that theory all white people were made to look bad in the movie

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

I think the most barbaric of all the characters was the commander (white) who seemed hell bent on killing everything and everyone for sport. The most treacherous was the father in-law who heartlessly lied to his own daughter and subjected aliens to inhuman testing.

The movie was based in South Africa correct?

Was there one African in that movie with a redeeming or valiant quality?

Was there even one Black actor who was not exploded into a bloody mess, jailed, ****ing and buffoning, selling sex to aliens, chopping up cow heads, peddlingguns and "catfood" etc IN THE WHOLE MOVIE?

A white man was the star, those anti-heros were offset by his eventual bravery and victory at the end of the movie....Africans were more savage and less humanthan even the aliens who were amidst the garbage.

If y'all can't see that...
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom