Snowboarders Please Enter..

:lol:

yeah so you can definitely rent the board, bindings, and boots.

but you'll need a legit winter jacket and pants. and then everything else i said. anything you try and buy at the resort is going to be full price, so best to try and bring whatever you need.

not sure if someone already put you on to this site but check out: www.the-house.com

they've got good deals usually. lot of clearance stuff too.
Good looking out

Hopefully we get more snow this year. Copped a seasons pass last season and only got to go once 
mean.gif

Hopefully we get more snow this year. Copped a seasons pass last season and only got to go once :smh:

word. i'm dying to get out there. still recovering from surgery but will be good to go come late jan or feb. i'll hit whistler or CO or park city if CA isn't giving us anything :lol:

Got my passes worth in 4 trips at least last winter. Need Tahoe to blizzard asap

you've got to wear special boots that go with the type of bindings on the board. it's best to just rent those with the board.
OK. I don't even own any regular boots to wear around when we are not snowboarding smh.

Ya, like others have stated already, you're gonna definitely wanna get yourself some proper snowpants and jacket.
Beginner riders are gonna spend a ton of time sitting on their butt in the snow, so you def dont wanna get cold and wet or your day will end early.
Some good ski gloves are essential as well, and a helmet is highly recommended.

Boots and Board you'll rent at the mountain, but everything else (pants, jacket, gloves, hat, helmet) you should acquire beforehand . Oh and also some thermals (long-john tops and bottoms)

I was at Telluride for a week last Feb. Great terrain and nice classic western mountain town.
It was unseasonably warm, but I wouldn't count on that at all, so bundle up and if you find out your overdressed, use a small backpack to stow your gear.

Last edited:
View media item 2233225
Went up to Mammoth Mountain for opening day last week, Conditions were terrible up top. It was like riding on a sheet of ice. Even my magnetraction couldn't hold an edge. Nevertheless it was great to get back on. Finally bought some new bindings as well so it was cool to test em out.

Has anyone ever been to Austria? I'm flying out next week for a solo shred trip but I'm still undecided which resorts to hit. So far I'm thinking Stubai, Kitzbuhel or Hintertux. My home base is in Innsbruck if that helps. Anyways hope everyone has a great season. Stay safe y'all.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on brands for pants? I only do Nike for every I other sport I play, but I see they don't make snowboarding gear any more.

Any suggestions on brands for pants? I only do Nike for every I other sport I play, but I see they don't make snowboarding gear any more.
what is your budget for pants? I would suggest something simple if you don't plan on riding a lot

I've been to Innsbruck in Austria before but it was for the FIFA World Cup and not snow related. great smallish town with a chill vibe.

I can't imagine snow boarding in foreign countries. Damn it would be cool to hit the alps one time.

You should go to this resort just based off this vid

I've been to Innsbruck in Austria before but it was for the FIFA World Cup and not snow related. great smallish town with a chill vibe.

I can't imagine snow boarding in foreign countries. Damn it would be cool to hit the alps one time.

You should go to this resort just based off this vid

Haha Obergurgl is also on the list. Might have to go there now.

Snowboarding out of the county isn't too hard. Just takes a bit of extra planning due to the gear. Honestly most of my vacations the past couple years have all revolved around Snowboarding. I have my bucket list of resorts and been checking em off 1 by 1.

Snowboarding out of the county isn't too hard. Just takes a bit of extra planning due to the gear. Honestly most of my vacations the past couple years have all revolved around Snowboarding. I have my bucket list of resorts and been checking em off 1 by 1.

have you ever done South America? i'm looking to do Chile next summer. i don't know anyone personally who has gone but would love to get any insight

have you ever done South America? i'm looking to do Chile next summer. i don't know anyone personally who has gone but would love to get any insight

No personal experience, but from what Ive heard, the mountains are excellent but the facilities/resorts can be kinda barebones. Similar to skiing in Alaska

No personal experience, but from what Ive heard, the mountains are excellent but the facilities/resorts can be kinda barebones. Similar to skiing in Alaska

makes sense. definitely good to know. thanks

Im gonna buy some new gear. Despite going to Whistler all the time,  I haven't rode in like 5 years.

Never done South America, but it's definitely on my list for next summer as well. Looking at Cero Catedral in Patagonia. Let's meet plan something. Haha

Looking for new boots for my skis and some new goggles.

Have Bear, Mammoth and Tahoe planned so far.

Got a great flight last week from LB to Tahoe for 77 bucks in March.

Where does everyone stay in Tahoe??

Looking for new boots for my skis and some new goggles.

Have Bear, Mammoth and Tahoe planned so far.

Got a great flight last week from LB to Tahoe for 77 bucks in March.

Where does everyone stay in Tahoe??

I didn't even know there was a Tahoe airport lol. Is it Reno airport?

Back
Top Bottom