SMH @ This Girl's Rant

Originally Posted by MFTIOA

Originally Posted by BTK

I dont know what everyone is stonefacing for. It's the truth. A large part of mainland Chinese folks don't have any manners. It's not that they're doing it on purpose, they just don't know any better.

I'll just say, it's not cool seeing see them allow their kids pee in flowerbeds at theme parks, smoking in non-smoking areas, laying out on the pavement with their shoes off in a public setting etc.

check out this article

http://www.zonaeuropa.com/20050914_2.htm

You're supporting her argument by bringing up selected behaviors of people from the other side of the planet? The people she's ranting about are most likely born in the U.S. and are intelligent enough to be accepted by one the top public universities, not the ones in your link. A generalization from an ignorant broad =/= "the truth."
you're rationale is clouded. Clearly she's not ranting about the Asian-Americans, as you won't hear them chanting ching chong wing wong ling long. She's referring to non-american asians for the most part.
indifferent.gif
 and I stand by my comment that a good portion of mainland chinese folks do not know any better when it comes to manners.

Originally Posted by BTK

Originally Posted by BTK

I dont know what everyone is stonefacing for. It's the truth. A large part of mainland Chinese folks don't have any manners. It's not that they're doing it on purpose, they just don't know any better.

I'll just say, it's not cool seeing see them allow their kids pee in flowerbeds at theme parks, smoking in non-smoking areas, laying out on the pavement with their shoes off in a public setting etc.

check out this article

You're supporting her argument by bringing up selected behaviors of people from the other side of the planet? The people she's ranting about are most likely born in the U.S. and are intelligent enough to be accepted by one the top public universities, not the ones in your link. A generalization from an ignorant broad =/= "the truth."
you're rationale is clouded. Clearly she's not ranting about the Asian-Americans, as you won't hear them chanting ching chong wing wong ling long. She's referring to non-american asians for the most part.
indifferent.gif
 and I stand by my comment that a good portion of mainland chinese folks do not know any better when it comes to manners.

How is she not? She's mocking the language as a whole, it's not like Asian Americans don't speak in our native tongues. And why're you singling out mainlanders? They're not the only ones that lack manners. You're missing the point.

This is not thread worthy

Get over it..

And quit being so soft, no race targeted, general statement.

I'm sayin why u gonna make a big deal outta some Cali bimbos rant,

A million other things to get worked up about before I would fret on this skeez.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Blacks choosing to use the N word is a different topic alltogether.  I'm not black.  I dont have the same experiences as a black person does so its not really my place to speak on it.  I'm just saying that the use of the N word is not even CLOSE to using ching chong or anything like that.

What does Asians fighting back have to do with anything?  And same level?  I dont even understand the point youre trying to make.

Also, easy on those snide little comments about taking some stupid entry level college course son.  Don't try to drop knowlege when you aint got none.    
Since you are not even Black, why bring up the N word like you really know how it affects a Black person? Don't try to compare the two terms and suggest one is on a different level.

And who cares if you are Asian American or not. What, does that make you an expert at the "ching chong" term? 

Easy kid.  I didnt bring up the comparison or reference to the N word.  It was that joker Kenji who I was originally replying too.

and Acidicality already touched upon your other question

"Ching chong" is offensive. By that, you're basically saying all Asian languages sound like a bunch of jibberish. It goes beyond that, but that's a part of it. Although honestly, I find it more amusing than offensive nowadays.

Originally Posted by BTK

Originally Posted by BTK

check out this article

indifferent.gif
what in her video made you come to that conclusion, are you saying that asian americans no longer speak asian languages? Also, by your rationale, any asian american watching her video should assume that she wasn't talking about them and shrug it off. Please. If that were the case you wouldn't see all of this public outrage.

Easy kid.  I didnt bring up the comparison or reference to the N word.  It was that joker Kenji who I was originally replying too.

"Ching chong" is offensive. By that, you're basically saying all Asian languages sound like a bunch of jibberish. It goes beyond that, but that's a part of it. Although honestly, I find it more amusing than offensive nowadays.

You should ignore the joker next time, kid. And I agree with Acid and countless others on NT about the use of "ching chong." But we all know everyone has their own point of view on that term so it would be childish to suggest one negative term is on another level than the other. Especially when you aren't even affected by the term you described as on another level.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Agreed.

But in the same sense, some don't understand how "ching chong" may be offensive - Hence the "it's not that serious, man up, etc etc".
This.  

You should ignore the joker next time, kid. And I agree with Acid and countless others on NT about the use of "ching chong." But we all know everyone has their own point of view on that term so it would be childish to suggest one negative term is on another level than the other. Especially when you aren't even affected by the term you described as on another level.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Agreed.

But in the same sense, some don't understand how "ching chong" may be offensive - Hence the "it's not that serious, man up, etc etc".
This.  

ignore him cause hes a joker?  isnt the point of having a message board and forum to have an ongoing group discussion and comment and reply to what others bring to the table?

look, im not trying to get into a pissing match with you over this.  obviously we have different opinions on the subject based on our own individual experiences and knowlege, and thats fine.

every time theres something about Asian racism some how some way blacks are brought into it.....
laugh.gif
.....leave us out of it pleaseeeeeeeeeee

ignore him cause hes a joker?  isnt the point of having a message board and forum to have an ongoing group discussion and comment and reply to what others bring to the table? 
Don't feed the troll. 

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by Made In Korea23

I am not going to lie and admit that yes I do see asian people talking on their phones at the library but I mean its definitely not limited to just a certain race. We are young adults in college and we see people with bad manners from every nationality and race. The part that pissed me off the most about this video was when she started saying "ching chong" etc. This kind of deal happened to me in person while i went to go eat with my family near Santa Monica and it is something I just cannot tolerate. The traffic in the parking lot for this plaza was really bad and we happened to be blocking their car from coming out but we were stuck in traffic and really couldn't move. The girl and her boyfriend proceeded to honk and then flip me off while i was in the passenger seat with my sister driving and parents in the back. She then stretched her eyes and made a slanted eye and said "fbombing" asians out loud. Usually I am not the type to flip out and have road rage or anything over a middle finger but what she said just completely threw me off and made me get out the car. I wasn't going to do anything physical but I just made sure she knew that she was living in a city with a large population of Asians and that its one thing to get mad about blocking the car but bringing race into it is just flat out unnecessary. The boyfriend kept apologizing and saying that "all i said was ****s man" which got me even more angered a the fact that he thinks its okay because all he said was ****s. Eventually both ended up apologizing and what not but damn, its amazing how racism will always exist no matter how many years go by. This girl who posted the video is probably done for and she probably won't be able to attend any of her finals this coming week because of the amount of hate that is going around not only the UCLA campus but even here at UCSD.
212733nfb1tuey.gif
laugh.gif
i did but great execution nonetheless

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

the $*!$ that becomes noteworthy in this day in age
30t6p3b.gif
This has become noteworth because it has brought to light a very serious topic that is still prevalent in America that most don't want to acknowledge.

Right, because racism has fallen to the backburner in American society 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
...nothing has changed, its still the same *##@, different day

Don't feed the troll. 

laugh.gif
 Thats my bad then.  I didnt know dude was trollin.

on a related but different note.

My buddy just sent me this pic today.  not sure who took the pic or who the original source is.

190221_10150165465015039_528020038_8028099_629964_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom