sixers ready to bring back AI

He'll be rejuvenated!! He's going to blow up again, like Griffey going back to Seattle!!
smokin.gif

wink.gif

*waits for 'Nah, completely different situation' responses that completely miss what I'm saying*

I'm pissed

I got free tickets to the bobcats/sixers game in Charlotte and he's gonna suit up the game after

!%!*!

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by enyceking

he will be dropping 40s like its nothing and maybe a 50 or 2 quote me on that

But will his team win? Oh yeah, I forgot it doesn't matter because "he leaves everything on the floor." My bad.

And when he brings the Sixers out of the basement and into the playoffs what then? O yeah, I forgot they wont win the championship (pretty much 100% on that one) so he still wont be regarded as "a winner" by the haters. So just go beat off to "Kobe: Doin Work" and leave the basketball discussions to people who actually know what they are talking about.
You do realize that his career win percentage is very close to .500, and I'm not even sure if he's on the positive side of the equation these days. People aren't saying these things without basis. He acts like he wants to win, but he doesn't. He wants to be the center on attention, win or lose. When one loses more often than they win, they are often referred to as a "loser." Iverson is not the exception. As for "Kobe: Doin' Work"....

Spoiler [+]
What?
grin.gif
Your spoiler sums up my response to your post. Aside from the first 2 seasons in the league where he had to drag a trash team out of the gutterand the 03-04 season (where he only played half the season) the team he is on has not had a losing record. So im not quite sure where you are getting this heloses more than he wins garbage. O wait you may have long term memory loss and are only remembering the last 2 seasons where he really had nothing to do withthe teams losing. But dont go editing your posts, Id like to be able to come back around March and get a nice little laugh at your expense.

Or maybe we're back to the whole NBA title is the end all be all when it comes to being a winner in the league. I mean to be honest its getting kinda old.I mean I could name 10 guys in the league, and there are countless others who are in the Hall of Fame and are amazing players but they just never got thatring. It takes a lot for a TEAM to win a championship. He would have had his in 00-01 but he ran into a fairly decent (sarcasm) team that had some guys you mayor may not know on it. Their names are Shaq and Kobe. This was the start or their 3peat, so they were a pretty dominant team at that point to say the least.Sometimes things just dont add up.

Now just to put things into perspective. Say Bron or Melo never get a title. Are they any less of a player because they didnt win it all. No they are both wellon their ways to the Hall and more then likely one if not both may end their career without ever getting to the promise land. Im not sure when this whole yournot a winner if you dont have a ring mentalitly came from. Sometimes their are other contributing factors that come into play where you just cant get the bigone. Hell during the 90s no1 had rings unless you were playing beside a guy named Michael. Were those guys not "Winners"

This isnt golf or tennis we're talking about. Your out there with 4 other guys. Sometimes the other guy has to make the shot.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by woody2626

I'm pissed

I got free tickets to the bobcats/sixers game in Charlotte and he's gonna suit up the game after

!%!*!
How you mad about getting FREE tickets?

I'm just a greedy bastard

and it wasn't exactly free, ticketmaster fees still got me 5 bucks total

laugh.gif

im pumped for this! no ones saying a.i. will get a ring but i want to see him do well because i am a fan and i enjoy his game. people need to stop hating
bet he does this @ the end of the game if they win
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by enyceking

he will be dropping 40s like its nothing and maybe a 50 or 2 quote me on that

But will his team win? Oh yeah, I forgot it doesn't matter because "he leaves everything on the floor." My bad.

And when he brings the Sixers out of the basement and into the playoffs what then? O yeah, I forgot they wont win the championship (pretty much 100% on that one) so he still wont be regarded as "a winner" by the haters. So just go beat off to "Kobe: Doin Work" and leave the basketball discussions to people who actually know what they are talking about.
You do realize that his career win percentage is very close to .500, and I'm not even sure if he's on the positive side of the equation these days. People aren't saying these things without basis. He acts like he wants to win, but he doesn't. He wants to be the center on attention, win or lose. When one loses more often than they win, they are often referred to as a "loser." Iverson is not the exception. As for "Kobe: Doin' Work"....

Spoiler [+]
What?
grin.gif
Your spoiler sums up my response to your post. Aside from the first 2 seasons in the league where he had to drag a trash team out of the gutter and the 03-04 season (where he only played half the season) the team he is on has not had a losing record. So im not quite sure where you are getting this he loses more than he wins garbage. O wait you may have long term memory loss and are only remembering the last 2 seasons where he really had nothing to do with the teams losing. But dont go editing your posts, Id like to be able to come back around March and get a nice little laugh at your expense.

Or maybe we're back to the whole NBA title is the end all be all when it comes to being a winner in the league. I mean to be honest its getting kinda old. I mean I could name 10 guys in the league, and there are countless others who are in the Hall of Fame and are amazing players but they just never got that ring. It takes a lot for a TEAM to win a championship. He would have had his in 00-01 but he ran into a fairly decent (sarcasm) team that had some guys you may or may not know on it. Their names are Shaq and Kobe. This was the start or their 3peat, so they were a pretty dominant team at that point to say the least. Sometimes things just dont add up.

Now just to put things into perspective. Say Bron or Melo never get a title. Are they any less of a player because they didnt win it all. No they are both well on their ways to the Hall and more then likely one if not both may end their career without ever getting to the promise land. Im not sure when this whole your not a winner if you dont have a ring mentalitly came from. Sometimes their are other contributing factors that come into play where you just cant get the big one. Hell during the 90s no1 had rings unless you were playing beside a guy named Michael. Were those guys not "Winners"

This isnt golf or tennis we're talking about. Your out there with 4 other guys. Sometimes the other guy has to make the shot.

I really see that you're trying with all of your heart to defend your boy, and it's cute... it really is.
laugh.gif
I'm refering to a particular point and you're going off on tangentsthrowing up defenses against arguments that I'm not even making.

Anyway, the stat I'm referring to is 355-342. THIS IS IVERSON'S RECORD AS A 76er.

FROM HOOPEDIA:

Critics point out that Iverson's career shooting percentage (.423) is unremarkable. They also frequently accuse Iverson of being a ball hog: as of March 2007, he has taken ~16,800 shots in just over 700 games, averaging over 23 per game. In Iverson's defense, he has not been on teams with other remarkable scorers, and his assists-to-turnovers ratio is actually better than that of some other high scorers such as Lebron James and Kobe Bryant. Detractors also note that the 76ers' all-time record with Iverson in the lineup was barely above .500 (355-342), and that in the 2006-2007 season, the 76ers posted a better win-loss record without Iverson in the lineup than with him.

I can't verify that stat 100%, but if it holds true as IVERSON'S RECORD (not that of the 76erscollectively), then my point is proven. 13 games above .500 for a guy who wants to be called a "winner" doesn't cut it in my book. Iverson: Greatindividual talent, not a winner. I'm not talking about rings, I'm talking about games. Feel free to respond, I only ask that you stay focused.

im glad hes back damn im a lil late $$%+....i knew that he was coming back i hope improves like he did back in the days

Lou Williams and Iverson in the backcourt
laugh.gif

I'd hate to see what Kobe would do to those dudes in the post
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom