Sitting beside each other at a restaurant..

This is one of the most ridiculous threads i've read on NT ever.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

You guys are so different, I'd find it pretty hilarious if Sheena & DC were in a relationship in real life...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He plays this character on NT but in real life he throwing down his varsity jacket in puddles & chewing her food for her
roll.gif

i think it'd be fun...

i'd LOVE to see all this put into action
laugh.gif

the back and forth would go on for forever. I'd probably give in.
laugh.gif

Guess it just boils down to what people believe in. I'm against all forms of attention seeking. PDA is attention seeking. I'm against Online PDA as well. Relationship statuses and all of that BS. Just asking for trouble.

It's in most girls DNA to seek attention so I wouldn't expect them to agree but for you dudes that like to be plastered up your girl's !%#!$ 24/7...I really don't get it.

To each his own I guess.

I guess I'm just a "tough guy" because I don't wear my relationship like it's an outfit for the world to see.

Never really knew it was a big deal sitting besides someone or sitting across from them. Let me ask a question, is it weird if you are out to dinner with a party and sit next to your significant other or does she/he have to sit across from you?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

We certainly don't want anyone to know we're enjoying the others company do we DC?

It isn't that it is just the forced look at me aura that holding hands gives me. Not saying anyone that does it only does it for public acknowledment of their love.
It just isn't for me.

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

You guys are so different, I'd find it pretty hilarious if Sheena & DC were in a relationship in real life... 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

He plays this character on NT but in real life he throwing down his varsity jacket in puddles & chewing her food for her 
roll.gif

i think it'd be fun...

i'd LOVE to see all this put into action 
laugh.gif

the back and forth would go on for forever. I'd probably give in
laugh.gif

Isn't that the point of it all for the dude usually? 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by cap1229

DC seems like the type of dude that pays his tip in pennies. 
roll.gif

Straight%20Face.gif

Originally Posted by blacklion23

The lady and I do this. We always get comments from older couples on how you don't see that nowadays. Waiters have hit us with the Awwwwww that's so sweet expression on a few occasions.

Dude theyre clowning you in the back. Hand holding is normal so I assume that guy is trolling or just odd. But same side in a restaurant isnt a good look

Hand holding is normal but that doesn't mean everyone does it. Not saying anything is wrong with it, I just don't do it.

I don't mind the sitting beside one another every now and then if there's plenty of room.
Usually she likes to sit next to me after we order until our food comes And after we're done
Eating

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I can get with a lot of stuff you say but you'd definately be holding my hand!
laugh.gif

Stop being so soft man. 
glasses.gif

Nah I'm not budging on this. And it get to play wih your hair/neck in public. We don't have to put our relationship status on NT or Facebook tho.
smile.gif

We do it randomly, usually after we're done & we're waiting on the dessert to share.

I've never really thought much of it

Originally Posted by Lou Baton

Completely agree with you! Never understood it.

Seriously. A much better experience could be had if you looked and spoke directly to each other rather than side by side in a booth
laugh.gif
I also don't like talking to anyone face to face (super close). Girls make you do this because they think it is 'romantic' and that it means you care about them etc. A complete joke

We don't get credit for anything real man
30t6p3b.gif

My gf brings up the fact that I don't have a FB pic of us both in it in as a profile pic? 
roll.gif

She tries to be low key about it but i KNOW that it bugs her. I am like 'sooooooo what I do in real life doesn't count? Me staying at your house with you 3-4 days out of the week doesn't tell you enough or mean anything compared to a virtual world'?

Get outta here 
laugh.gif

rant over

Are we talking about sitting on adjacent sides of a square table so that you're 90 degrees to each other? It's either that or sit opposite each other, but then it has to be a small table. Other configurations don't really work for romance.
And super-close talking can be good. Just needs to be done the right way, like where you're both leaning in.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Hand holding is normal but that doesn't mean everyone does it. Not saying anything is wrong with it, I just don't do it.

It feels very weird and forced. Insecure girls (99 percent) love it tho.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Are we talking about sitting on adjacent sides of a square table so that you're 90 degrees to each other? It's either that or sit opposite each other, but then it has to be a small table. Other configurations don't really work for romance.
And super-close talking can be good. Just needs to be done the right way, like where you're both leaning in.
I was thinking about like....sitting in a booth RIGHT next next too each other. Obviously there are situations were it kind of can't be avoided

I'm gonna be honest sitting next to someone eating is intimate in itself because you have to make the extra effort to position your body but hand holding is completely different. Thats touching in its most basic form. Someone leads, someone follows or you guys are walking together.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

I was thinking about like....sitting in a booth RIGHT next next too each other. Obviously there are situations were it kind of can't be avoided
Yeah, I know what you mean. Usually it ends up happening when it's a group of 4. It's always a tough decision -- do you sit next to or across from your girl? I usually base in on the table dimensions. And if it's not 2 couples and there's a thirsty 
7d51574a69d6fbf7c66591dcde7fe1322df06d2.gif
 at the table, I make sure he's isolated.

As for those times when it's just you and the girl and they seat you at a 2x2 booth, you're probably not at a romantic setting to begin with if that's the best table they can offer you. So in that case I say 
7d51574a69d6fbf7c66591dcde7fe1322df06d2.gif
 it and just sit opposite.

A brotha need some elbow space on the table while im eating, so yea I usually sit across from the girl not next to her

I really just like to sit across and really look at the person. And tell her to 'gimme dat leg' 
roll.gif

devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom