Should You Let Your Child Win at Monopoly?

No mercy when I play any game with my 5 and 8 year old nieces. They get mad everytime for 5 minutes after a loss, but I'm still their favorite person in the world. :pimp: :lol:

Anybody can get it!
jhz870iysbtdlymiqs8o.jpg

Y'all something else, and Scan wrong for that :smh: :lol:

Can't wait till the day Scan messes wit the wrong one.

As soon as Scan touches the sticks, lil man gonna look over to him and be like "Imma beat dis cancer, but first I beat yo ***"

Gonna have Scans jimmies looking like his ACL

Fun, yes, but this is how a game of Monopoly can also spiral out of control. Yet psychologists seem to agree that flat out throwing a game to a child over the age of 4 is a bad idea.

School-age children can tell when you aren’t playing your hardest and could view your capitulation as a loss of faith in them. Nor should you beat them with all your adult efficiency. Not only will the child likely stop playing with you, he or she could learn what psychologists term learned helplessness—the sense that success is impossible no matter the odds.

so true... & kids these days are a lot smarter than we were as kids
Agree. It has to be something in the middle. They win but its close. That would really boost them up.

Other than dominos and spades
Monopoly is the only other game that started fights when I was growing up
Maaaaaaan u ain't had a childhood if u was fighting ur brother or sister over Monopoly money
I bought my kids monopoly for Christmas and can't wait to smack em in monopoly
I mean I'm gonna run them into the ground with how bad I beat them
My kids be heated in scrabble when I pull out a word that they don't know
But I just tell them to look up the word in the dictionary and put it in a sentence
That's how while beating they pants off in a game
They also able to learn
They do beat me in a few games like candy land and uno
But I don't be trippin
They be so happy when they do beat me :lol:

Beating ur kids in games makes them better IMO
As well as makes them try harder
My son beats me in a game every now and then
But he's actually good in smash bros and Mario kart
He can match up with grown adults
And beat most kids
I took him to a smash tourney a few weeks ago
He was the only 9 year old and kid under 12
He came in 4th place outta 50
He's ruthless in new super Mario bros
Taking all the power ups :lol:
I be getting heated

:rofl: :rofl:

My son and wife HATE monopoly. I'm like 100-0 against them. The worse is when then try to tag team and still lose

I don't think I let anyone win in anything. I just have a competitive nature.

The one time I let mini me stay close in a game of 2k he won with a last second full court 3 :smh: . That boy will not play it anymore and best believe he talks about it anytime he can :D

when i was younger i used to play easy on my dad in video games so he would keep playing

Used to WASH my little brother in everything with zero mercy shown. Monopoly, video games, hoops, etc. Dude was like 5 feet trying to ball with me. Mad Dikembe finger wags. :lol:

That said, the day he finally beat me in hoops was great for him. Granted, I was old and out of shape but he'd been waiting on that for literally 10+ years. It really lit a fire under him to get better at basketball and he came out a better person for it.

So no, my kid doesn't get to win by default.

When i was a small boy my pops used to destroy me in chess.
So much to the point where it was futile for me to play.
i questioned my intelligence.

He was like jake shuttlesworth on the squares i swear.

Then one summer i saw the film "searching for bobby fischer"
I then read various books on chess and studied like it was for a class.
I played my friends....cousins...and i destroyed them.

The day came where i knew i could best the old man and rid myself of the inner deamons that had been haunting my young spirit.

My pops was in the living room watching an nba game and i asked if he wanted to play a game of chess.
He muted the television. .looked at me and said
"Do you really want to do this boy?"

I said...."for old times sake"

So we got out the board....dusted it off......set up our pieces....and the game began.
It was tough.....the old man had not lost a step......and he could tell i had gotten much better.
"Looks like someones been practicing "

"Youre damned right father" i replied.

The game was close throughout......we both took each others queens and it looked like it was another loss for me.

Then i saw it.

5 moves and i will have counqered this battle that had been going on since i first learned how to play.

And so it happened. I made the final blow and i said " im just gonna use the bathroom real fast" because i wanted to see his expression of failure from afar.

And so i stood back....watched his eyes search for a way out.
Then it dawned on the old man i had him in checkmate and he was like

View media item 1833106
then he looked up and saw me standing there and i was like

0hJLMuf.jpg

Other than dominos and spades
Monopoly is the only other game that started fights when I was growing up
Maaaaaaan u ain't had a childhood if u was fighting ur brother or sister over Monopoly money
I bought my kids monopoly for Christmas and can't wait to smack em in monopoly
I mean I'm gonna run them into the ground with how bad I beat them
My kids be heated in scrabble when I pull out a word that they don't know
But I just tell them to look up the word in the dictionary and put it in a sentence
That's how while beating they pants off in a game
They also able to learn
They do beat me in a few games like candy land and uno
But I don't be trippin
They be so happy when they do beat me
laugh.gif
Don't forget uno...that game was intense. People used to be makin up rules n ish in the middle of the game...

Nothing beats dominoes tho. You really think these old guys bout to fight over a tile game.

When i was a small boy my pops used to destroy me in chess.
So much to the point where it was futile for me to play.
i questioned my intelligence.

He was like jake shuttlesworth on the squares i swear.

Then one summer i saw the film "searching for bobby fischer"
I then read various books on chess and studied like it was for a class.
I played my friends....cousins...and i destroyed them.

The day came where i knew i could best the old man and rid myself of the inner deamons that had been haunting my young spirit.

My pops was in the living room watching an nba game and i asked if he wanted to play a game of chess.
He muted the television. .looked at me and said
"Do you really want to do this boy?"

I said...."for old times sake"

So we got out the board....dusted it off......set up our pieces....and the game began.
It was tough.....the old man had not lost a step......and he could tell i had gotten much better.
"Looks like someones been practicing "

"Youre damned right father" i replied.

The game was close throughout......we both took each others queens and it looked like it was another loss for me.

Then i saw it.

5 moves and i will have counqered this battle that had been going on since i first learned how to play.

And so it happened. I made the final blow and i said " im just gonna use the bathroom real fast" because i wanted to see his expression of failure from afar.

And so i stood back....watched his eyes search for a way out.
Then it dawned on the old man i had him in checkmate and he was like

View media item 1833106
then he looked up and saw me standing there and i was like

0hJLMuf.jpg

I'm in real tears over here

SC kid SC kid

I don't let them win. That's cheating them. Like me, they talk **** when they win and sulk when they lose. I feel it makes them better because they will find a way to improve if they really want to win.

I had some motorcycle game that they liked. They had figured out which one to get that have them the best chance. They cheer for each other and talk junk. I finally got tired of it and opened a can of whoopass for them. Shortly after I discovered one of the controllers had been broken.

Back
Top Bottom