Shoe Game is pretty much over for me now..

I took on a job last year and it had a pay cut, which sucks but my new job is great and a solid starting place in my field

anywho, that made it easier to stop collecting shoes. but this whole experience has given me perspective. once your not in it you see how ridiculous your fellow loyal customers look. the invidious consumption, the insecure buyers who only dress the way they're told, the absolutely idiotic posers who tweet and instagram photos of the shoes in odd scenery like these....

900x900px-LL-1a5128a0_A-vvhT_CUAAg8P1.jpeg

200x200px-ZC-562059cc_photo2B3.jpeg
all in all though the truth is i got older, and shoes just don't hold the same importance they once did[/quote]
I prefer your last statement. All the name calling for others pictures is immature. Its one thing I've always hated from the culture. Some of us fade out because its a fad, others fade out because their lives no longer calls for it(you work 9 to 5 5 days a week office job, you won't have much time to wear all your shoes) and others just can't afford to live that way anymore(When you have other goals in life like starting a business, or fixing your credit, shoes become secondary)

I've come to terms that I will eventually have to stop buying shoes at the rate I am right now or have to sell all my collection altogether. For now I will enjoy it while I can when I have no kids, no mortgage, no car note.

Why do people feel they are more entitled to a shoe than someone else? Like buying a sneaker is some exclusive privilege only reserved for a selected few.

"Trying to get their grubby hands on any release and think they're cool or whatever. Last pair I got were the BRed 11s, and the camping was ridiculous. Barely got my pair. So many kids don't even know what they're talking about when it comes to shoes"
I have been saying this for years man. You wanting the shoe because, "You respect the shoe game" doesn't mean you deserve the shoe any more than someone that wants to buy just to flip it.

Stop it.

I'm young, but my love for jays and their history is more profound than most of the kids you see in lines. I cop mostly older releases, but when my grails came out I got them.

If you want a new release and hate standing in line get connections or have your son work at footlocker.

I hate terms like sneaker heads, and shoe game too. What game am I playing? :lol:

$BANDZ$
AMEN. I've always found both of those terms to be stupid as hell, and I hate when I'm referred to as a sneakerhead.

And I can't mess with newer releases. I personally hate wearing a pair of shoes and seeing 30 other people with them on. Nevermind the quality being complete garbage.

There are two era's when it comes to sneaker collecting.

Pre Internet 1980's - 2000

Post Internet 2001 - Present

Being a teenager still tells me you are complaining about nothing. This hobby has been a mess for a while. Most of you kids complaining now only notice now cuz you just started collecting in the 2nd era. I quit buying into the retro hype back in 2003 for good and have not looked back.

This is not the same hobby that I was involved with for 20+ years. This is the "shoe game".
So if someone hasn't been collecting shoes since before 2001 they have no idea what they are talking about and can't complain?

I'm not trying to play Joe Blow elitist here, but all you dudes saying that you grew out of it one day are these new kids of generations past. Even as early as the late 90s-turn of the century, it was still a fad, a quick way to become the cool kid on campus. Of course you guys didnt have social media to talk wild *** pictures(*cough*WDYWT*cough*Sais*cough*).

What a sorry state of affairs this hobby is in. Between a company that couldn't care less about its customers to disrespectful kids/people abusing each other in forums/queues, what does it have to offer? Not much. I wonder how people in other hobbies treat each other. I'd guess a lot more civilly.

Last edited:
I hate people who wear jordans now but just last year probably wearing chucks and before that vans.
Can some lame bay area group come and diss jordans so theyll be uncool in the public eyes so I dont have to struggle to get a goddamn pair

kids just aren't original anymore. biting off all generations and trying to impress their boy friends. fill out a application to get some shoes lol

I'm not trying to play Joe Blow elitist here, but all you dudes saying that you grew out of it one day are these new kids of generations past. Even as early as the late 90s-turn of the century, it was still a fad, a quick way to become the cool kid on campus. Of course you guys didnt have social media to talk wild *** pictures(*cough*WDYWT*cough*Sais*cough*).

You obviously didn't live through our generation. It wasn't a fad. Nike always had the best looking sneakers. Fly sneaks and clothes was the way we did it back then. Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Polo, Iceberg with some Nike's or Timbs. Avirex's and Coogi sweaters.

It didn't have anything to do with limited edition this or that. It was all about looking fly, not "how much will these resell for" or "I don't want sneakers that everyone else has".

It was a whole different mentality. We bought things because it was fly and we liked them. Nobody cared that everybody had on Timb's. We still bought them because we liked them.

Sadly this is just what happens with any niche when it becomes mainstream.  Once suburban white kids start obsessing it takes a bit of credibility out of it.  It's sad cuz a lot of the older heads I know now don't even buy what they like they just buy **** that other people won't have.  It's kind of a vicious system so that's why I say cop what you want and rock it all. **** else

You obviously didn't live through our generation. It wasn't a fad. Nike always had the best looking sneakers. Fly sneaks and clothes was the way we did it back then. Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Polo, Iceberg with some Nike's or Timbs. Avirex's and Coogi sweaters.

It didn't have anything to do with limited edition this or that. It was all about looking fly, not "how much will these resell for" or "I don't want sneakers that everyone else has".

It was a whole different mentality. We bought things because it was fly and we liked them. Nobody cared that everybody had on Timb's. We still bought them because we liked them.

Still the reason why I buy kicks.

Sadly this is just what happens with any niche when it becomes mainstream.  Once suburban white kids start obsessing it takes a bit of credibility out of it.  It's sad cuz a lot of the older heads I know now don't even buy what they like they just buy **** that other people won't have.  It's kind of a vicious system so that's why I say cop what you want and rock it all. **** else

Suburban white kids? >D is it restricted to urban black kids now?

I see a lot of resellers and people who buy every release and pick and choose which ones they like and which ones they don't. That's the dumbest thing I can ever imagine. Wasting money on something you don't know if you want :smh: I still only cop 2-3 shoes each year. Whether they are limited, or they sit for months. I cop it if I like it.

That's how it should be, but it isn't like that anymore and I accept that. Nothing is stopping me from getting what I want. If I have to wait in line so be it.

Suburban white kids?
grin.gif
is it restricted to urban black kids now?

I see a lot of resellers and people who buy every release and pick and choose which ones they like and which ones they don't. That's the dumbest thing I can ever imagine. Wasting money on something you don't know if you want
mean.gif
I still only cop 2-3 shoes each year. Whether they are limited, or they sit for months. I cop it if I like it.

That's how it should be, but it isn't like that anymore and I accept that. Nothing is stopping me from getting what I want. If I have to wait in line so be it.
I've always wonder why dudes care about what other dudes  buy. Like when did another dudes purchase effect what you like or buy? Thats why names like hypebeast doesn't mean much to me, like maybe i'm vain, but when I buy shoes or any material item, i'm thinking about myself and only myself LOL

what does suburban white kid have to do with the "shoe game"? What does race have to do with it. Think before you type

I hate people who wear jordans now but just last year probably wearing chucks and before that vans.
Can some lame bay area group come and diss jordans so theyll be uncool in the public eyes so I dont have to struggle to get a goddamn pair
Hell yeah!!every realese is getting harder to get the shies that i want,i just want a pair for myself..i cant wait till the hype dies down

Hell yeah!!every realese is getting harder to get the shies that i want,i just want a pair for myself..i cant wait till the hype dies down

im sorry but how do you know they weren't wearing j's last year?

Thats what a fad is, bro. Our love affair may have been totally genuine, but it was still a fad.

Half the brands you just name no one would be caught dead in nowadays.

Did you really like Timbs over all the other boots available, or was it because if you showed up in a pair of CAT boots that looked exactly like Timbs, you would've got clowned?

Also, the way you guys keep pointing at resellers, it would seem more like you're bitter about not being able to get(lets face it) some limited edition shoes without paying the mark up verses the state of the hobby as a whole. I'm more mad at the fad jumping kids that actually pay the mark up because they really don't know any better and, in their little worlds, they're physically buying cool points.

Also, I did live through that generation and there were always limited edition shoes, no one ever broadcasted it as much if at all. I remember only ever seeing the volt Foam pros in a magazine(not even Eastbay) in 96.

what does suburban white kid have to do with the "shoe game"? What does race have to do with it. Think before you type
Suburban white kids?
grin.gif
is it restricted to urban black kids now?

I see a lot of resellers and people who buy every release and pick and choose which ones they like and which ones they don't. That's the dumbest thing I can ever imagine. Wasting money on something you don't know if you want
mean.gif
I still only cop 2-3 shoes each year. Whether they are limited, or they sit for months. I cop it if I like it.

Guess I was unclear.   I just mean that white teenagers ruin everything that's cool.

It's kinda bigger than that.  I mean street wear fashion in general becoming mainstream along with sneakers will lead to more and more people that are interested but lack the substance or connection that original heads have. That's all.

Last edited:
Guess I was unclear.   I just mean that white teenagers ruin everything that's cool.
It's kinda bigger than that.  I mean street wear fashion in general becoming mainstream along with sneakers will lead to more and more people that are interested but lack the substance or connection that original heads have. That's all.

So what your saying is that white teenagers who love in the suburbs shouldn't like Nike/Jordan until it's mainstream? That's incredibly ignorant.

"Suburban white kids" have been wearing Jordan's/Nike just as long as any other human being race and location does not matter. The product is available everywhere, and people buy what available.

Don't be stupid fam.

I'm not even white but you're sounding really ignorant and racist right about now.

Back
Top Bottom