Shoe Game is pretty much over for me now..

At the end of the day it's just shoes.... The way I see it if I didn't get the pair that I want I'll just chalk it up as my loss and move on. No need for me to get salty and hate on other people who got theirs.

I love Jordan brand..but these past two years have been HORRIBLE.. before i saw this thread, i was looking at my Bulls 6s for 2010. I bought them in December and they came out that Summer. When i copped them, there was Bred 6s, White/ Black 9s, Charcoal 9s, and Citrus 9s ALL on the shelves, and they all came out MOOONTHS before that. Nowadays that would never happen. Its still hop for the shoe game out there tho. I wanted the Kamikazes monthe before they came out. When they dropped i was broke. I sold a pair of shoes real quick and copped them almost a month after. Why cant Jordans have a shelf life like that ?

You made 100 bucks, that's chump change to be honest. Reselling shoes is a waste of time unless you're selling something special (corks for example, SB's, ect) or doing it in large quantities.

J's are 160 + tax, so lets say 180 in all. People sell them for 240ish. After eBay fees, PayPal fees, shipping, time, gas, you end up with 20 bucks...... Wow, 20 bucks. Kids don't see it that way though. The math must be complicated for them

You made 100 bucks, that's chump change to be honest. Reselling shoes is a waste of time unless you're selling something special (corks for example, SB's, ect) or doing it in large quantities.

J's are 160 + tax, so lets say 180 in all. People sell them for 240ish. After eBay fees, PayPal fees, shipping, time, gas, you end up with 20 bucks...... Wow, 20 bucks. Kids don't see it that way though. The math must be complicated for them

This is why I said re-selling is like selling weed. You make $ but there's a ceiling. Plenty people sell, so it's not necessarily unique. Plenty of dudes sell weed out of the projects and stay there :lol:. They ain't getting bread like that.

Last edited:

This is why I said re-selling is like selling weed. You make $ but there's a ceiling. Plenty people sell, so it's not necessarily unique. Plenty of dudes sell weed out of the projects and stay there :lol:. They ain't getting bread like that.

You might just suck at selling things. They are nothing alike.

I guess we see it differently then. Has nothing to do with sucking at selling things. Since when you have to "sell" weed or kicks on a sedondary market. They sell themselves. Either you're going to buy or not.

Last edited:
You just outgrew it. It happens. It happened to me too. I may see something I like here n there but my heart aint in it like it was. I use to know every pair of kicks droppin, their date and colorways for the year. I'm good, those comin up can have that. I'll use that brain space for something else.

You might just suck at selling things. They are nothing alike.

I think what hes trying to say is weed as a set price, you might be able to squeeze out another $5 or $10 if you find an absolute sucker, but most aren't going too much more than the norm, drought or not(I don't care how dry its is, no one in there right mind is going to pay $30 for a G).

Sneakers on the other hand, MSRP is the MINIMUM. Depending on what shoe you got you can charge whatever and someone will pay it.

Why do people feel they are more entitled to a shoe than someone else? Like buying a sneaker is some exclusive privilege only reserved for a selected few.

"Trying to get their grubby hands on any release and think they're cool or whatever. Last pair I got were the BRed 11s, and the camping was ridiculous. Barely got my pair. So many kids don't even know what they're talking about when it comes to shoes"

For some people, I don't think it's about "entitlement", it's more about appreciation. You got dudes that clearly don't care about the sneakers they're buying except for the fact that it resells for a lot due to the hype on these products now, and also because it's considered the "cool" thing to do, and all their favorite rappers are wearing the shoes.

Dudes such as myself do appreciate the aspect of the shoes much more than just a mere resell dollar, but of course in this day and age of resell, internet bot-wars, and hype....that aforementioned aspect is somewhat frowned upon in this time.

This is all entertaining to me. Especially when Nike does a limited colorway like Galaxies and Corks and dudes pay thousands for them. I could care less about shoe game or whatever ya'll want to call it.

At the end of the day, they are just shoes.

If you miss out, it's not like there isn't 5-10+ other pairs in your closet when you get back.

I'll have random stints where I buy a ton of shoes. Then I get tired of it or turned off, but I ALWAYS come back to it. Regardless of how old I get, I will always have an appreciation for the design, aesthetics, and technology of sneakers.
Well said and i feel the same!!

You wear  em pleighboi.

Jordan copping halted heavily. Since the Blk/Cements 3s dropped I've only copped like 3 pairs.

I missed the Royals,so sad.

I'll never deep in it again,like I use to.

But I'll always be in it.

With that said though........
eek.gif
Resell game is real.

Copped 2 pairs of Bred 11s,to resell to cop the Royals.

In the first couple of days,people were hitting me up like crazy.

Sole them for 300,I was in shock.
You wear unwearable shoes bro? Unwearable material is only good if you are a collector. If your somebody who ACTUAL wants to wear your shoes, unwearable sneakers ain't for you. As with the case with MOST PPL, they are buying the kicks to wear, not for collection reasons.

For some people, I don't think it's about "entitlement", it's more about appreciation. You got dudes that clearly don't care about the sneakers they're buying except for the fact that it resells for a lot due to the hype on these products now, and also because it's considered the "cool" thing to do, and all their favorite rappers are wearing the shoes.

Dudes such as myself do appreciate the aspect of the shoes much more than just a mere resell dollar, but of course in this day and age of resell, internet bot-wars, and hype....that aforementioned aspect is somewhat frowned upon in this time.

Understandable you feel an attachment to them but in all reality, it's boils down to them being mass produced sneakers intent for youth consumers. The consist "These teenagers ruining the game I been in since 1965, they have no respect for the old heads" is getting out of hand, they are sneakers one person buying a pair of sneakers for years is no more entitled to a pair then a high school/ middle school student who wants to impress his friends.

Back
Top Bottom