Shaving for an interview at a law firm?

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

You ask the dumbest questions. Regardless of the position when you are going to an interview you want to be properly groomed and shaved facial hair is one of the most important things to have.
Co-sign

That's barely facial hair anyway.  It would be one thing if you had a full beard and it was properly maintained (although you should shave regardless), but that looks like a few days growth and you're too lazy to shave.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

You ask the dumbest questions. Regardless of the position when you are going to an interview you want to be properly groomed and shaved facial hair is one of the most important things to have.
Co-sign

That's barely facial hair anyway.  It would be one thing if you had a full beard and it was properly maintained (although you should shave regardless), but that looks like a few days growth and you're too lazy to shave.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

yes. my boyfriends roommate went for an interview at a law firm and they straight up told him he would have to shave his face if he wanted the job.
Someone is lying here. It would be incredibly stupid for an employer to say that to a potential employee, and I don't believe any law firm would do it. There are way too many legal implications. People may not shave for religious/cultural reasons, for example.
They're a law firm, I'm sure they have some idea of what they can and can't do.  The partners at my firm only hire people who don't use tobacco.  Arabic people use tobacco (hookah) for cultural reasons.  It's pretty much the same thing.

yes. my boyfriends roommate went for an interview at a law firm and they straight up told him he would have to shave his face if he wanted the job.
Someone is lying here. It would be incredibly stupid for an employer to say that to a potential employee, and I don't believe any law firm would do it. There are way too many legal implications. People may not shave for religious/cultural reasons, for example.
They're a law firm, I'm sure they have some idea of what they can and can't do.  The partners at my firm only hire people who don't use tobacco.  Arabic people use tobacco (hookah) for cultural reasons.  It's pretty much the same thing.

Originally Posted by DB WEST

yeah....any employer can say whatever they want- The Yankees don't allow beards.

yeah....any employer can say whatever they want- The Yankees don't allow beards.

Okay, so shaving it is. Do god for a clean cut, or would a goatee be acceptable.

Okay, so shaving it is. Do god for a clean cut, or would a goatee be acceptable.

It's not the same thing at all. It's completely different. 

It's not the same thing at all. It's completely different. 

getting a clean shave is the safest bet.
some people can rock a full, well maintained beard with no problems.  i keep picturing someone like the dos equis guy.

getting a clean shave is the safest bet.
some people can rock a full, well maintained beard with no problems.  i keep picturing someone like the dos equis guy.

Back
Top Bottom