Shaving for an interview at a law firm?

You ask the dumbest questions. Regardless of the position when you are going to an interview you want to be properly groomed and shaved facial hair is one of the most important things to have.

You ask the dumbest questions. Regardless of the position when you are going to an interview you want to be properly groomed and shaved facial hair is one of the most important things to have.

If you were white I would say shave it for sure, but in your case I don't think it'd be that big a deal as long as it was very clean and tight. Believe it or not, facial hair is considered much more acceptable for non-white people. I currently work at a law firm and I went into the interview with a goatee and still have one.

But, I do somewhat agree with people who said it's not worth the risk. If you don't care either way, just shave it to be safe.

yes. my boyfriends roommate went for an interview at a law firm and they straight up told him he would have to shave his face if he wanted the job.

yes. my boyfriends roommate went for an interview at a law firm and they straight up told him he would have to shave his face if he wanted the job.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

Someone is lying here. It would be incredibly stupid for an employer to say that to a potential employee, and I don't believe any law firm would do it. There are way too many legal implications. People may not shave for religious/cultural reasons, for example.

Someone is lying here. It would be incredibly stupid for an employer to say that to a potential employee, and I don't believe any law firm would do it. There are way too many legal implications. People may not shave for religious/cultural reasons, for example.

That's not even that bad too be honest. They might see that and think that's your normal look.

My *#*! right now on the other hand, is looking grizzly...

That's not even that bad too be honest. They might see that and think that's your normal look.

My *#*! right now on the other hand, is looking grizzly...

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

True.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

True.

As a law school student currently, all the advice I've heard is to have a clean shaven face for firm interviews. Like everyone said before, you can always grow it back after so theres no point in taking the risk really.

As a law school student currently, all the advice I've heard is to have a clean shaven face for firm interviews. Like everyone said before, you can always grow it back after so theres no point in taking the risk really.

dumb question. shave.

oh dude take a shower as well, make sure you wear shoes, and brush your teeth.

there. i just saved you from making 3 more threads.

dumb question. shave.

oh dude take a shower as well, make sure you wear shoes, and brush your teeth.

there. i just saved you from making 3 more threads.

Back
Top Bottom