Seriously, what was your reaction when Obama won the elections

Originally Posted by Ekin 75

Why does everyone think this guy is some kind of God?? People have this idea in their head that right when he steps into office there is going to be this big "change". The only "change" I see is a blk man instead of a white man and an unqualified man at that. Seriously if i hear the freaking word "change" or how historic this is, im going to go ape #***.

You can feel how you want about the man, but you can't deny the fact that this was a historic moment in our time.

Now whether or not he creates "change" remains to be seen, but lets not act like this isn't a huge moment in our history.

And only the ignorant would think he's some kind of God, and that him stepping foot into the White House is going to turn Washington upside down. Be real.Us rational thinkers know it's a bit deeper than that.

i kinda had that "thank you god" mentallity for a long time. then i started thinking about how after all the readings i've done and howproud i am of my history as a black man in america. I, We were able to realize and help push MLK's dream even further than imagined before.

then i became a stereotype and began shouting "my president is black" and harlym shaking w/ a mean diddy bop...

i was calling a cab to go to my friends house then i saw he won so i ran down my steps screaming. got to my friends house we jumped around with her mom alittle. then went to my other friends block to be met with lots of people outside celebrating. i didnt believe it three days ago and it still isnt real to meyet.

i got chills when him and family came out on stage as the first family.

& i was honestly shook that dude might get assassinated on stage.
frown.gif
smh.gif

In shock, like in the back of my mind I was thinking conspiracy on some 24 @!@ like Obama could take every state and they'd still find a way to screw him,I came home from a night accounting class around 10 pm and I saw that Obama was at like 207 and McCain was at 135 and i was nervouse cause it seemed like Obamastayed at 207 and McCain was going up...but next thing you know Will I Am is a hologram and then Wolf just declares Obama the winner, my Parents, little sisterand I popped bottles and we watched his speech. When he started I was thinking "Please don't get shot" but right around the puppy remakr I feltmore at ease.

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

In shock, like in the back of my mind I was thinking conspiracy on some 24 @!@ like Obama could take every state and they'd still find a way to screw him, I came home from a night accounting class around 10 pm and I saw that Obama was at like 207 and McCain was at 135 and i was nervouse cause it seemed like Obama stayed at 207 and McCain was going up...but next thing you know Will I Am is a hologram and then Wolf just declares Obama the winner, my Parents, little sister and I popped bottles and we watched his speech. When he started I was thinking "Please don't get shot" but right around the puppy remakr I felt more at ease.
LOL at you popping bottles with you parents and younger sister.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

"R.I.P America 1776 - 2008"
I even felt this way before the election. No matter who would have won, I have little hope for this country anymore. The president has become nothing but a puppet for the greed and corruption that is really running things, and until that culture changes your average americans will always be the losers and your quality of life will continue to deteriorate.
QFT
tired.gif

I went to stormfront.org immediately but it had crashed.

Then I came here to read NT's expert analysis.

To me this election is NOT about RACE. I'm past that, it's about the PEOPLE standing up for what they believe is right. And I never had faith in our democracy, our government, our people and our country until Nov. 5th 2008. I never knew how much the world depended on OUR PEOPLE until November 5th 2008. To be in a sea of of 250,000 people at Grant Park - and then coming home and watching the news talk about people REJOICING AROUND THE WORLD...France, China etc. made me realize that this is BIGGER than race and ethnicity, this is about the Human Race coming together to move in the RIGHT DIRECTION and consciousness.
Co-sign....it's time for America to be lead by someone who won't just carry America like an arrogant pompous country overseas and expectother countries to do as we want and never talk to them face-to-face. That was one of the biggest reasons I voted for Obama.

The fact that the world is rejoicing shows that...in a way, the entire world got a victory this election.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I feel Obama will repair our image overseas

Disappointed that my guy didn't win,but at the same time proud to be part of history,and proud of him and America.

i celebrated w/ evidence, method man/redman smoking weed openly on stage. i was in the crowd rocking w/ all of them.

My heart dropped...everything sorta paused...I thought of my dad, and wish he was here to see it
tired.gif
...watched my mom fall to her knees and cry and kinda stood there in shock for amoment...too many thought ran through my mind at the time..but in the end I was happy

i was like ite cool
i didnt see the big deal.....hes black ok so what? dude was the better candidate imo and it was good that he won
but its getting kind of old hearing people saying "wowww black president BLACK president"
stop sweating the dude's skin color and let him do his job now

Back
Top Bottom