Seriously, what was your reaction when Obama won the elections

It was an indescribable reaction, just thinking about the fact that i witnessed history occur is crazy. Before this I really thought about the possibility ofan African-American and I believed it probably wouldn't happen in my lifetime after Reggie Jackson in 84'(I wasn't born yet) and Al Sharpton in04'. Obama winning is a great example of the "American Dream" and hopefully shows others that anything is possible and you should follow yourdreams. The only question is, Is America ready for a Black President?

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

"R.I.P America 1776 - 2008"
roll.gif

I was pumping my fist all throughout my house. Everyone else in my house is for McCain because of one reason and one reason alone, which is sad. Everyone wasalready upstairs in their bedrooms, so I was doing the D-Generation X move haha.

When I saw "Obama Wins Election' on CNN, I didn't react too much since we all expected Obama to win anyway. But then I thought about the fact thatObama would actually be our next president and I got goosebumps and almost, almost cried tears of joy.

Originally Posted by Willo23

It was an indescribable reaction, just thinking about the fact that i witnessed history occur is crazy. Before this I really thought about the possibility of an African-American and I believed it probably wouldn't happen in my lifetime after JESSIE Jackson in 84'(I wasn't born yet) and Al Sharpton in 04'. Obama winning is a great example of the "American Dream" and hopefully shows others that anything is possible and you should follow your dreams. The only question is, Is America ready for a Black President?
how ironic it is then that I be the one to correct you then?
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

M!ke

I cried tears of joy and called my mom, she was pretty emotional as well.

Originally Posted by AmericanDream

Originally Posted by Willo23

It was an indescribable reaction, just thinking about the fact that i witnessed history occur is crazy. Before this I really thought about the possibility of an African-American and I believed it probably wouldn't happen in my lifetime after JESSIE Jackson in 84'(I wasn't born yet) and Al Sharpton in 04'. Obama winning is a great example of the "American Dream" and hopefully shows others that anything is possible and you should follow your dreams. The only question is, Is America ready for a Black President?
how ironic it is then that I be the one to correct you then?
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

M!ke

laugh.gif
thanks for that bro. i was slightly confused between a Politician and "MR. OCTOBER"

I even felt this way before the election. No matter who would have won, I have little hope for this country anymore. The president has becomenothing but a puppet for the greed and corruption that is really running things, and until that culture changes your average americans will always be thelosers and your quality of life will continue to deteriorate.

Originally Posted by i love nikes

Yup. And I felt so proud that MY president is Black. Like, this is the guy I chose with my first time being of age to vote....and he won. This is a whole newchapter in Black history and I helped pen it
eek.gif

I was in Grant Park and I let out the LOUDEST scream. My throat is still sore... Crying...the whole night. That was the most amazing moment of my life. I'mblessed to have been there at that moment. Indescribable.

"man they must be going crazy on niketalk. i bet that elections thread is reaching damn near historic post-counts."

actually, i felt really proud that i voted and proud to be a person of color (yes, i just made it a racial moment). for about 2 or 3 minutes, i was clappingreally loud in front of the tv, while sick and in bed. after that initial sigh of relief, i immediately became concerned with the California propositions 4, 6,8, and 9, hoping that these 4 wouldn't pass. 2008 elections were definitely bittersweet

i said, "jesus i hope he doesnt stay so far left" ... and then i pressed record on my dvr to capture history

Avy check.

However, if you were to change that to "R.I.P Racist America, 1776 - 2008", then you might be onto something. But, even that doesn't begin to dothis justice. This is one of the single most significant moments I've had the honor of witnessing in my 32 years. It's undoubtedly one of the singlemost significant moments of modern time. America, once again, has the respect of the world. The global reaction is living proof.

As for my answer to the question (need you even guess): I cried. Pure joy.

Back
Top Bottom