Seriously, what was your reaction when Obama won the elections

mjd77 wrote:
BWS FOOT SOLDIER wrote:
"R.I.P America 1776 - 2008"
I even felt this way before the election. No matter who would have won, I have little hope for this country anymore. The president has become nothing but a puppet for the greed and corruption that is really running things, and until that culture changes your average Americans will always be the losers and your quality of life will continue to deteriorate.

C/S It will take more than 4 years for any president no matter what color to fix the country. Obama has a tough term ahead of him. And for the sake of apossible re-election the issues regarding the US have to change. He built his whole campaign off change, if things stay the same or getworse he is done for.

i couldnt believe it honestly... i never thought we would ever have a black president... felt good about it tho since im minority and all

I just sat back silent for like 20 minutes staring at my television.

I can't lie, I got choked up a bit.

Great moment to say that we lived through.

Originally Posted by MikeSB

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Why don't you go find the election thread and read everyone's reactions?
yeah...I'm happy for Obama but these threads are getting out of hand...

come on now it's history

Ok we understand that, now lets move on. We have a black president. I wouldn't care if the man was green, if improved my country. I'm very excitedObama won, although I did not support him. I do not think Obama will be a good president at all, people in aAmerica now need to get over the fact that this manis black and hpe he runs our country the right way.

brought tears (of joy) to my eyes soon as i saw the picture of obama, but didn't believe it till i actually heard them say it.

Originally Posted by MikeSB

we won't forget about this

0,1020,1347430,00.jpg

AFP

almost made me cry to

The fakest tears I ever saw.

J.O.S.E

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I honestly don't think those were fake tears Fede.

Jesse Jackson isn't all evil.
Word. It was an emotional moment for everyone. To see him who was apart of Martin Luther King Jr.'s movement , ball like a baby and seeKing's dream being realized (to an extent)...man
smh.gif
frown.gif
. I was mistyeyed the whole night.

BUT!

Immediately after Obama won I really was

l_51b86bb2e815430884bbf828ee6db002.gif

Around the crib.

You have to believe it really touched Jesse Jackson in a special way.

From this...

jackson460x276.jpg

To this...

jackson_obama.jpg

We can disagree with or even dislike the man, but you have to respect his longevity.

From this...

jackson460x276.jpg

To this...

jackson_obama.jpg

We can disagree with or even dislike the man, but you have to respect his longevity.

Agreed. I have very little respect for the man. But when seeing from his perspective, and all the things he's been through and seeing what he sees now...you have to tip your hat to the man.

BUT

To me this election is NOT about RACE. I'm past that, it's about the PEOPLE standing up for what they believe is right. And I never had faith in ourdemocracy, our government, our people and our country until Nov. 5th 2008. I never knew how much the world depended on OUR PEOPLE until November 5th 2008. Tobe in a sea of of 250,000 people at Grant Park - and then coming home and watching the news talk about people REJOICING AROUND THE WORLD...France, China etc.made me realize that this is BIGGER than race and ethnicity, this is about the Human Race coming together to move in the RIGHT DIRECTION and consciousness.

Originally Posted by buggz05

From this...

jackson460x276.jpg

To this...

jackson_obama.jpg

Agreed. I have very little respect for the man. But when seeing from his perspective, and all the things he's been through and seeing what he sees now... you have to tip your hat to the man.

BUT

To me this election is NOT about RACE. I'm past that, it's about the PEOPLE standing up for what they believe is right. And I never had faith in our democracy, our government, our people and our country until Nov. 5th 2008. I never knew how much the world depended on OUR PEOPLE until November 5th 2008. To be in a sea of of 250,000 people at Grant Park - and then coming home and watching the news talk about people REJOICING AROUND THE WORLD...France, China etc. made me realize that this is BIGGER than race and ethnicity, this is about the Human Race coming together to move in the RIGHT DIRECTION and consciousness.
That too was one of the most surreal parts about this. My Geography teacher is German and she can't stop telling us how much her parents,family and people around the world loves this man. It shows how much the world DEPENDS on the U.S. So when I think about the people who go around and say stufflike "He's not my president blah Blah blah" I just figure to hell with you. The rest of the world approves of our choice in a way we've neverseen...ever!

I cried tears of joy...Nah im just kidding,but I was honestly just in shock.I couldnt believe it actually happened

Why does everyone think this guy is some kind of God?? People have this idea in their head that right when he steps into office there is going to be this big"change". The only "change" I see is a blk man instead of a white man and an unqualified man at that. Seriously if i hear the freaking word"change" or how historic this is, im going to go ape #***.

Back
Top Bottom