Sean Taylor dead at the age of 24.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor and everyone one else that has lost life due to the struggle.

When will it stop?

I just read that Roy Williams would like to wear a #21 decal on his helmet.
pimp.gif
to Roy. I hope he gets the green light from the league so he can do this(remember Jake Plummer was told he couldn't wear a #40 on his helmet for Pat Tillman). Even if he is told no, I hope he still goes through with it.

my friend dies of meningitis(she was only 18) last week..and now this?

RIP Sean Taylor...

no one ever deserves to die so young.

damn man it stilll doesnt seem real
Sean Taylor is that dude he coulda been the best safety ever to lace them up
what a tragic event and dude was only 24...24?!...he was my favorite player man

-RIP-
Sean Taylor 21
pimp.gif

i heard CP is going to change his number to # 21 not just for sunday but for the whole season.

i feel that he shoudlnt do that... at least for the season. maybe wear it for this sunday or just retire it.

at first I was opposed to Clinton wearing number 21..now that I think about it..it's just a honorable gesture from a great friend..he should wear it forthe remainder of the season and then the number should be retired..

Clinton is our leader and he's putting the team on his shoulders..if he does wear 21 on sunday, we all will be reminded..

Sunday will be an even more emotional day.

Man this sucks. I remember taking my brother's Taylor jersey to school.....thought I was
pimp.gif

Then came home and my brother kicked my!%!+ for wearing it.
laugh.gif

Again R.I.P Sean, he will be missed.

I like the move by CP....great gesture, and a nice way to honor a friend. I think that after this year, the #21 should be retired and Sean Taylor should beinducted into the Ring of Fame at FedEx. Bobby Phills had his #13 retired by the Hornets back in the day after he died in an auto accident.

Sunday will be an even more emotional day.

frown.gif
co-sign

I still haven't brought myself to watch Comcast, ESPN, CNN, local news, etc. Aside from reading the MB over at ES, I just can't do it.

I honestly don't know how the Skins can play on Sunday after all of this although it is good to know every team in the NFL will honor him on their helmetsand, in addition, a #21 patch on the Skin's jerseys this upcoming game against the Bills.

The hardest hitting safety in the league. I couldn't believe it when i read about it this morning. I hope whoever did this gets theirs in the end. A sadday in football

RIP Sean Taylor

I was shocked when i heard that he past. My deepest sympathies to his family. Sad sad story.

yo dyyhard that vid u posted choked me up a little damn im still in shock over this cant believe 21 will never suit up for another game or breathe ever again

RIP Sean

Originally Posted by chungyAZ

The hardest hitting safety in the league. I couldn't believe it when i read about it this morning. I hope whoever did this gets theirs in the end. A sad day in football

RIP Sean Taylor

In the end? I hope they get it in the now.
damn... i went to the vigil tonight.. it was
frown.gif
it's something i'm never going to forget. he's someone i'm never going to forget...
Which 1 did you go to? My mother and I went to ashburn, then to FedEx tol sign the WPGC wall. Both atmospheres were so sad, but it was good tosee all the support though.

[h1]He said he was not angry at the person who killed his son. ``You know who you are if you did it, turn yourself in. Vengeance is not mine, it's God's. He holds that in his hands.''[/h1]
truth.[h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Taylor's father to killer: `Turn yourself in'[/h1]
[h5]Posted on Tue, Nov. 27, 2007[/h5]
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
[h3]BY REBECCA DELLAGLORIA AND OSCAR CORRAL[/h3][h3][email protected][/h3]

CARL JUSTE / MIAMI HERALD STAFF

Pedro Taylor, right, father of slain NFL star Sean Taylor, talks with the media outside his home prior to leaving for a meeting.

» More Photos

Dressed in black and clutching her 18-month-old baby, Jackie Garcia paid a tearful visit Tuesday to the family of her slain boyfriend, football star SeanTaylor.

Garcia, 24, pulled up to Taylor's father's house in the Fairway Estates subdivision near Richmond Heights around 3 p.m. in a black Mercedes.

With her brown hair held in a ponytail with a black band, Garcia carried her baby girl, also named Jackie, into the house. She was accompanied by hersister, and her father, Rene. The baby, wearing a pink bow in her hair and pink sneakers, was asleep in her mother's arms.

She declined to speak to reporters, leaving the task to Taylor's father, Pedro Taylor.

He described the relationship between Garcia and his son as close, and ``a bond that can't be broken.''

He then talked about his son's death. ``Whatever took place between He and God at the time, He [God] had it all in control. I'm at peace with God,and God, he makes no mistakes.''

He said he was not angry at the person who killed his son. ``You know who you are if you did it, turn yourself in. Vengeance is not mine, it'sGod's. He holds that in his hands.''

At one point during her hour and a half visit at Taylor's house, Garcia and her sister came out to greet well-wishers. She left when Taylor spoke to themedia, her baby bundled in a black blanket.

Taylor said his son had grasped fatherhood ''with opens arms,'' and it was part of his evolution from childhood to adulthood. Asked if Seanever disappointed him, Taylor said he always tried to guide his son.

''We all have high expectations, but we all understand that everyone has to travel the road and there are going to be some mishaps,'' hesaid. ``But guess what? That's what we're here for to steer them in the right direction.''

He said he didn't have details about the shooting, but said it may be a case where his son startled a robber. He spoke about his son in the presenttense.

''Sean's not a bad guy,'' Taylor said. ``Everybody thinks Sean has enemies. Sean doesn't have enemies. Sean is an isolated personwho keeps to himself.''

Man its eerie looking at Sean's pops. Sean is his spitting image

He then talked about his son's death. ``Whatever took place between He and God at the time, He [God] had it all in control. I'm at peace with God, and God, he makes no mistakes.''
He said he was not angry at the person who killed his son. ``You know who you are if you did it, turn yourself in. Vengeance is not mine, it's God's. He holds that in his hands.''

Back
Top Bottom