San Francisco Niketalkers, is this really how you guys are living?

I drop off a colleague who’s born and raised in the haight.
Homies on rent control and f’s with the newbies schooling them on the history of the neighborhood. These folks give no dambs and have no sense of CULTURE

they have zero interest in the community. they'd rather be picked up and dropped off at their location than walk a block in their neighborhood, have some delivery service app pick up their orders rather than speak to an actual person, etc

Uber/Lyft drivers have no common sense, is it that hard to pull off to the side, perhaps block someones driveway instead of stopping traffic :smh:

i've seen uber drivers let passengers out on the side away from the sidewalk and the chick was dumb enough to get out on the side of traffic SMH

Worst city to drive in is between SF and NYC in this country. NYC has all the uber, lyft, Via, Juno drivers along with Cabbies and those underground ethnic community car services with the buses

Is that the spot on Stockton St.?

Fillmore and Geary area. Across from State Bird which is literally a 5 star restaurant and oddly located in the Western Edition. 2 blocks down toward the McDonalds, all the locals still hang there. It's literally like train tracks from one side to the other.

He's talking about the other location right before the Tunnel that goes into Chinatown by Green Door, usually a line there, across the street from Niketown

Fillmore and Geary area. Across from State Bird which is literally a 5 star restaurant and oddly located in the Western Edition. 2 blocks down toward the McDonalds, all the locals still hang there. It's literally like train tracks from one side to the other.

Worst city to drive in is between SF and NYC in this country.

SF is definitely worse from what i heard...no kinda infrastructure to speak of to support any kinda serious traffic.

you can thank Robert Moses for all da car parkways & interstates in NYC.

He's talking about the other location right before the Tunnel that goes into Chinatown by Green Door, usually a line there, across the street from Niketown

Oh yeah...I forget about that one. They had one in SOMA too and one on Hayes. I think Hayes is the one that is the mellowest cause foot traffic is bad. Mission has line too. I give those guys credit though. I heard it was two Chinese guys that went to law school and wanted to open a business. Pun intended, they better milk this whole thing before it dies cause like the yogurt craze, it can all come to an end.

This milk tea thing seems like it may not go away tho its been awhile, theres so many big chains now like since I've been in NYC i've seen so many from Happy Lemon, Kung Fu Tea, Gongcha, Vivi's, Mi-Tea, T-Baar, Boba Guys even has a NYC location now in Canal St. Market

Oh yeah...I forget about that one. They had one in SOMA too and one on Hayes. I think Hayes is the one that is the mellowest cause foot traffic is bad. Mission has line too. I give those guys credit though. I heard it was two Chinese guys that went to law school and wanted to open a business. Pun intended, they better milk this whole thing before it dies cause like the yogurt craze, it can all come to an end.

Uber/Lyft drivers have no common sense, is it that hard to pull off to the side, perhaps block someones driveway instead of stopping traffic :smh:
This right here gets me HOT! Many times there is a driveway, white loading space, handicap space, fire hydrant area, or even an actual parking space for them to pull into, but they just wanna double park...

One time, a driver pulled up into the bus stop zone to pick up his passenger and just waited there blocking the bus directly behind him from people up 20 or so people at the bus stop. Everyone was telling him to move, the driver just rolled up his window. Buses have cameras now to catch this kind of bad driver behavior, I’m sure he got that $500 ticket in the mail. :lol:

I love SF residents that move to Oakland. I own a dry cleaners & when I hear they just just moved from SF they're getting charged 2x on top.

Hustling forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
One time, a driver pulled up into the bus stop zone to pick up his passenger and just waited there blocking the bus directly behind him from people up 20 or so people at the bus stop. Everyone was telling him to move, the driver just rolled up his window. Buses have cameras now to catch this kind of bad driver behavior, I’m sure he got that $500 ticket in the mail. :lol:

most of these drivers arent even from SF so they dont even know the streets. it's a total **** show. i've seen folks smash out a window cause the uber driver was parking in his driveway and thought it be ok to just leave his car there for 20+ minutes

Those Scoot rider are worse. I don't think you need an M1 license for that. Have the damn time, the have both feet down like they're preparing to fall.

I thought people driving from sac to the bay was a far commute but Coalinga? Fresno? That’s a hard pass from me. 3 hours each way, 8 hour shift, 1 hour lunch, 1 hour to get ready (probably less). That’s 16 of the 24 hours gone due to work reasons. You work like that for a lifetime and you can’t even enjoy the fruits of your labor when your shift is over. I can’t, I just can’t.
Yeah, that's a really bad commute. I considered a commute from Sacramento to SF...Glad I didn't consider that route.

Those Scoot rider are worse. I don't think you need an M1 license for that. Have the damn time, the have both feet down like they're preparing to fall.

I already have a girl buddy that fell already on a scoot. The big issue with a lot of those things is insurance and how Scoot or the user is protected. I feel like there is an odd loop hole somewhere.

It's crazy to see so many damn bicycle scoots and other transportation hubs everywhere. That is really when you know a city is changing when you see those dumb things.

One time I saw a lyft/uber driver wait/park at that designated taxi only waiting zone at the SF ballpark caltrain station. All the taxis boxed the lyft/uber driver in and trash his car. :lol:

boba ain't goin nowhere

not as long as im alive.

BOBA GANG

Yeah, I had a co-worker who lived in Fresno and commuted into SF. I said 'why' and his reason was the cost of living and and having a bigger home.

Not sure how I'll handle a long commute again. But if it has to be done, I'll do it.

That makes no kind of sense, unless he's working from home most of the time and only coming into the office once or twice a week, max. There's plenty of valley towns an hour or two north of Fresno where homes are just as reasonably priced.

^^^^I think that is the scenario that would have to make sense. I knew a couple of people that commuted to SF with one being from Sacramento, another from Monterey and the other from Modesto. I think at most, they came in 3 times a week but on average, i would say once or twice. Still, I think once or twice is still to crazy for commuting.

^^^^I think that is the scenario that would have to make sense. I knew a couple of people that commuted to SF with one being from Sacramento, another from Monterey and the other from Modesto. I think at most, they came in 3 times a week but on average, i would say once or twice. Still, I think once or twice is still to crazy for commuting.

When I was living in San Jose and got put on an assignment up in SF that commute was brutal enough. I lived close enough to walk to the CalTrain station and take the ~1.5 hour ride into the city so I could work or chill and not deal with traffic.

That makes no kind of sense, unless he's working from home most of the time and only coming into the office once or twice a week, max. There's plenty of valley towns an hour or two north of Fresno where homes are just as reasonably priced.
Unfortunately, he didn’t have the option to work from home. So he had to deal with the commute to and from SF for a couple of years before and opening became available in Sacramento.

Don’t understand how people do it.

To think, I was considering to commute from West Sacramento to Foster City for a QA job. Smh.

Back
Top Bottom