San Francisco Niketalkers, is this really how you guys are living?

Anyone ever been to Port Costa? It's like a 20 minute drive from Richmond, right past Crockett. Like a legit ghost town when i went, got some real Halloweentown vibes

Don't play coy pimpin. It IS at the expense of people, particularly black and brown folk. Own up to it.

Gotta love that coded "it brought hard working people" language. As if the people out were just out here doing nothing

Look, on paper, yes, it's good that many of the brightest people are coming to the San Francisco/Bay Area. The issue most people from here have is that many of the neighborhoods that the city neglected for DECADES are suddenly "up and coming".

The city is giving tax breaks to high end companies like Twitter for trying to "renovate" "Mid Market" but is sucking the life out of small businesses with extremely high payroll, property, and gross receipts taxes. As an accountant working in the city, the amounts I see on these statements are DISGUSTING. There's no way in hell I would ever open up a business there after realizing how much extra I'd have to pay, especially when I do not a see a single improvement in street conditions, public transportation, homelessness, fiends roaming the streets, etc.

Even worse is that there is zero protection given to long term residents against predatory landlords who pull all the stops to get rid of people in rent controlled apartments and replace them with people who have no issue with paying 3-4K for an apartment built in the 1920s.

Last edited:
The flavor of SF is in its diversity and in it's difference classes of people. That is what makes Chinatown....Chinatown, Mission the Mission, etc. When the city becomes just one type of person regardless of race and everything becomes expensive eats and no holes in the wall, the city sort of loses its identity. I don't hate on the people busting their butt but I would think they should be aware of what they are doing and even the companies they are working for. It's a double edge sword however you look at things but the reasons why natives of the Bay Area are pissed is because we know what it used to be which is why I have a hard time spending so much to live in an area that I know wasn't that price years back.

My parents are actually in the process of selling their home in West Sac and buying a place in Natomas. Prices definitely are rising.

San fransico sucks *** straight buns.
Wont even go to the city unless im getting some money or my girl trying to hit the club.
Cant wait for all these fucbois to leave

Where are people in SF who are being displaced going?

Not sure if its the same for people from Frisco...but in the East Bay displacement in cities like Oakland and to an extent Richmond forces folks more inland a la Martinez, Concord, Bay Pt, Pittsburg or living past the Carquinez like Vallejo/Fairfield/Vacaville

People being priced out of the major metro centers in the Bay Area (SF, Oakland, SJ) usually move to the outskirts of the Bay Area (cities like Concord, Livermore, Gilroy) or to cities in the San Joaquin Valley (Tracy, Stockton) or to Sacramento. Not necessarily bad areas (well, Stockton is :lol:) but just very far and inconvenient for people who still have to work here. I know people who commute 2-3 hours EACH WAY to work in the Bay Area.

My dad and bro both ended up in Concord and my mom might go to Vallejo or Richmond. If I ever leave the city, I'll probably move to San Leandro or somewhere around El Cerrito/Albany.

My dad and bro both ended up in Concord and my mom might go to Vallejo or Richmond. If I ever leave the city, I'll probably move to San Leandro or somewhere around El Cerrito/Albany.

Albany is underrated. It's pretty much an extension of Berkeley to me. I wouldn't mind living there at all if most of my friends and family weren't in the South Bay, which is why I live in the Peninsula as kind of a halfway point between everything

Type of broads you find in Richmond now

f39ac1aa699290ef833c9f9bb74af725--ray-ban-outlet-rayban.jpg

They're out in Richmond of all places??? Damn :lol: time to invest in property out there and sell when the next hipster wave rolls through there.

Albany is underrated. It's pretty much an extension of Berkeley to me. I wouldn't mind living there at all if most of my friends and family weren't in the South Bay, which is why I live in the Peninsula as kind of a halfway point between everything

Albany is calm as hell for a being a city between San Pablo and Berkeley. I love it and miss that whole area, even Richmond. El Cerrito is an Albany and San Pablo hybrid.

Albany is underrated. It's pretty much an extension of Berkeley to me

Albany is mad small. Sort of like Kensington above El Cerrito area. Kind of odd that they are even cities amongst the major cities.

I don't speak for everyone but for the native folks from my wife's circle of friends, over 50% of them live at home still at age 32 and just stacking money but knowing in the future the house they live in will get passed down to them. Granted the catch is they have to live their till their folks die but all of them are Chinese and they find this pretty normal. The other 50% are renting it out in SF, Oakland, Daly City, etc. Hardly anyone is in a position to own and also most of these people I speak of are still single.

The hardest part of these things is when you want to have kids. That is when certain cities just don't make sense if you are a nut bag like my wife is with schooling systems. East Bay school systems are just not comparable to her SF schools (specifically Lowell) that she went to.

Albany is calm as hell for a being a city between San Pablo and Berkeley. I love it and miss that whole area, even Richmond. El Cerrito is an Albany and San Pablo hybrid.

Yup, a lot of my friends are from around that way (Albany, El Cerrito, San Pablo, Pinole, Hercules). We usually kick it out there before heading to Cal games

Albany is mad small. Sort of like Kensington above El Cerrito area. Kind of odd that they are even cities amongst the major cities.

I don't speak for everyone but for the native folks from my wife's circle of friends, over 50% of them live at home still at age 32 and just stacking money but knowing in the future the house they live in will get passed down to them. Granted the catch is they have to live their till their folks die but all of them are Chinese and they find this pretty normal. The other 50% are renting it out in SF, Oakland, Daly City, etc. Hardly anyone is in a position to own and also most of these people I speak of are still single.

The hardest part of these things is when you want to have kids. That is when certain cities just don't make sense if you are a nut bag like my wife is with schooling systems. East Bay school systems are just not comparable to her SF schools (specifically Lowell) that she went to.

Bay Area "cities" are just weird in general. If you think about, they're more like districts/regions than actual cities. I think that's why people that move here don't think there's anything worthy outside of SF, when in reality the entire Bay Area is the size of a major city, while SF is the size of small/midsize city.

For example, when my girlfriend moved here from Indonesia, she thought San Jose, Oakland, San Mateo, Fremont, etc. were very far and different from each other, but then when she got a hang of the area, she compared it to "Ok, SF is like North Jakarta, while San Jose is South Jakarta (those two areas are about 45 mins-1 hour away from each other)"

It's funny you mention Kensington, I remember catching the wrong bus from Berkeley to get to El Cerrito and it drove through Kensington. I was asking myself where the hell am I? From that day forward, I starting taking it since it was a relaxing route.

Bay Area "cities" are just weird in general. If you think about, they're more like districts/regions than actual cities. I think that's why people that move here don't think there's anything worthy outside of SF, when in reality the entire Bay Area is the size of a major city, while SF is the size of small/midsize city.

For example, when my girlfriend moved here from Indonesia, she thought San Jose, Oakland, San Mateo, Fremont, etc. were very far and different from each other, but then when she got a hang of the area, she compared it to "Ok, SF is like North Jakarta, while San Jose is South Jakarta (those two areas are about 45 mins-1 hour away from each other)"
Yeah, a lot of middle-aged people I work with surprised the **** out of me when they said they only go to Berkeley or Marin for outdoor ****. I kind of like it though, so they can stay the hell out of areas that still feel familiar.

Back
Top Bottom