Sacramento Kings off-season thread

What matters to me is that it's finally getting done after all these years. I didn't pay too much attention to it when I was younger, the only thing I thought was that our team sucked because I thought the jerseys were ugly and non-intimidating. My farthest memory goes back to the starting five of

Spud Webb
Mitch Richmond
Lionel Simmons/Walt Williams
Wayman Tisdale
Duane Causwell

And when we switched from blue and red to black and purple I thought that instantaneously made the kings better lol. In a way it did, we played Denver in a one game playoff for the 8th seed in '95. We lost. Convincingly. But again, as a kid you have infinite hope that next year will finally be the year. And '96 was when we beat out the dubs to get a shot at the loaded Sonics (RIP). Then the good times rolled and nobody thought the team would leave...we all know what happened.

It's weird how when you get older you realize that sports are more than just the games being played and that every little intricate detail about your team gives you vibes about whether your team is progressing or regressing...or relocating...it blows my mind that in 2011 the Maloofs announced their intentions of filing to relocate and we thought we were done for. Then Carmichael Dave lit up a Marlboro light and tweeted he'd donate money to keep the team and that tweet spread like freakin' wildfire across Sacramento and gave birth to the grassroots movement. Crazy we got here. Even crazier where we're going.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just excited to know where we were and even more excited about our future, not just as fans but the city as a whole. The naysayers of the arena will change their minds once it gets here
smokin.gif
Until a couple years ago, I had a poster with all 4 of the Kings 1st round draft picks in 1990. It's sad to think that none of those guys really amounted to much. But I guess that says a lot more about the organization throughout all those years rather than the players potential.

I'll never forget the first game I went to. Spud on our team & Manute on the 76ers. Although we were never any good, I always looked forward to getting that noise meter at Arco as high as possible as a kid.

I always love the chance to get back up there and catch a game. I used to always be able to get seats in one of the suites for my birthdays too. We always had a great time eating as much free food as we wanted.

I'll be at Sleep Train tonight (tap tap pull??)

Is Gay and Cousins suiting up for tonight?

Long Live the Kings 8)

City Clerk ruled late week or early this week to not accept the petitions due to the inconsistencies of the forms they used. The people behind STOP filed a lawsuit against the city to have the arena hit the june Ballot today. So there's still a chance that it may come to a vote in June. The city attorneys sent an internal memo that there's a chance that the court judge could rule in STOP's favor for the arena to go on June's ballot.

If it comes down to this I hope you guys make it to the polls in June and vote for the arena :smokin

Pizza guy making up for missing the second half of the Jazz game. 8 attempts but at least he is hitting for now at least :lol:

No way rck. I think it's way to far along for someone to pull the plug on it.

Just tuned in.. I want Jimmer to play off the ball for a couple games.. Let Ray get some reps in please..
Ray
Jimmer
Mc
JT
Gray.

simple for the plugged to be pulled. not having enough people that cares or know what this arena will do for our city not showing up to vote

last time the arena was on the ballot it failed miserably. over 66% voted against it if i can recall :x

I agree that it has come too far for it to get the plug pulled,

but I'm saying; leave it to the everyday voter and STOP/any anti-arena people, to spin this as a tax payer funded project (which it is not) and the general, uninformed public will vote against this. Its a sad reality, but it will be spun that the potential parking monies should be spent instead on fire/education(even tho that is county/state not city)/police/etc.

Rudy showed at end of game why we traded him...

Those two 3rd qtr dunks he had was crack tho

Last edited:
I missed the 2nd half and went to the mall instead. There's only so much I can take with how we playing :x

Back
Top Bottom