Sacramento Kings off-season thread

Is it safe to say that Isaiah is to the Kings what Monta Ellis was to the Warriors?

I like pizza, I just don't like it everyday. I might need a new avy soon enough :smh:

I think it looks nice, I like it.

Lotta people are saying it looks like a crown, not the worse thing in the world 
laugh.gif

I think it looks nice and i honestly don't care what the finished product looks like because no matter what the outside looks like, it is going to be the nicest and most technologically advanced arena in the world, and more importantly, the Kings stayed in Sacramento

Last edited:
I like it so far especially the huge glass entrance but I want to see more pictures from a different angle.

I think it looks nice and i honestly don't care what the finished product looks like because no matter what the outside looks like, it is going to be the nicest and most technologically advanced arena in the world, and more importantly, the Kings stayed in Sacramento

You really believe it's going to be the "most technologically advanced arena in the world"? Check the renderings of the planned warriors arena :x

I'm just happy that downtown plaza is gonna get demolished. Anybody remember when they first opened they brought dj tanner?

As an engineer, i can appreciate the rendering and their direction. I would want to see more pictures too. It does look like a crown though lol

You really believe it's going to be the "most technologically advanced arena in the world"? Check the renderings of the planned warriors arena
sick.gif

Judging from the people that are behind the building of this arena, yea i think so.

and isn't the Warriors arena not happening now?

Last edited:
nelson999 nelson999 yup, that rendering of the warrior’s arena on the pier isn't going to happen due to various lawsuits and environmentalist :lol: and they have yet to release new photos since then

nelson999 nelson999 yup, that rendering of the warrior’s arena on the pier isn't going to happen due to various lawsuits and environmentalist :lol: and they have yet to release new photos since then

Well damn. Those renders were amazing.

Still, I have a feeling the arenas going to be sub par and run past the budget. Seems to always be the case anyway.

Hopefully this arena can be the anchor for a better nightlife in sac.

Last edited:
Well damn. Those renders were amazing.

Still, I have a feeling the arenas going to be sub par and run past the budget. Seems to always be the case anyway.

Hopefully this arena can be the anchor for a better nightlife in sac.
K street about to get a big makeover too in the coming years.

We aren't dealing with the Maloofs anymore man, these guys have lots of money and connections and want to build something special

Cost of the arena can fluctuate due to materials and labor for the construction of it could either go up or down. Most often times up, the longer it takes to break ground and actually get started the more it could go up. Especially with the pending lawsuits from the STOP movement.

I believe the owners would foot the bill for any thing over the projected $448 mill arena as it was written on the term sheet that worked out last year

What matters to me is that it's finally getting done after all these years. I didn't pay too much attention to it when I was younger, the only thing I thought was that our team sucked because I thought the jerseys were ugly and non-intimidating. My farthest memory goes back to the starting five of

Spud Webb
Mitch Richmond
Lionel Simmons/Walt Williams
Wayman Tisdale
Duane Causwell

And when we switched from blue and red to black and purple I thought that instantaneously made the kings better lol. In a way it did, we played Denver in a one game playoff for the 8th seed in '95. We lost. Convincingly. But again, as a kid you have infinite hope that next year will finally be the year. And '96 was when we beat out the dubs to get a shot at the loaded Sonics (RIP). Then the good times rolled and nobody thought the team would leave...we all know what happened.

It's weird how when you get older you realize that sports are more than just the games being played and that every little intricate detail about your team gives you vibes about whether your team is progressing or regressing...or relocating...it blows my mind that in 2011 the Maloofs announced their intentions of filing to relocate and we thought we were done for. Then Carmichael Dave lit up a Marlboro light and tweeted he'd donate money to keep the team and that tweet spread like freakin' wildfire across Sacramento and gave birth to the grassroots movement. Crazy we got here. Even crazier where we're going.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just excited to know where we were and even more excited about our future, not just as fans but the city as a whole. The naysayers of the arena will change their minds once it gets here :smokin

You better hope Rudy Gay and DeMarcus Cousins aren't playing then

And if they are, the W will feelz even betta :smokin

Gasol would frustrate Cousins and he will start the whining and chucking. Gasol is a big boy that Cousins can't just bully over and back down, plus length and a superior big man skill set.

Zbo gone eat Thompson like free lunch.

They know Rudy's weaknesses.

W.

:smokin

You better hope Rudy Gay and DeMarcus Cousins aren't playing then

And if they are, the W will feelz even betta
smokin.gif

Gasol would frustrate Cousins and he will start the whining and chucking. Gasol is a big boy that Cousins can't just bully over and back down, plus length and a superior big man skill set.

Zbo gone eat Thompson like free lunch.

They know Rudy's weaknesses.

W.

smokin.gif
So if it's such a great matchup for the Grizz, why did they need a combination of Isaiah Thomas playing like a complete idiot and the officials giving Memphis every whistle to win by only 1 point on their home floor a little over a week ago?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom