Sacramento Kings off-season thread

I looked back at our posts from that day, we were surprisingly subdued 
laugh.gif

I think we went a little more HAM on the day the BOG (I think, I can't even remember now) voted unanimously to recommend the Kings staying

I know this is kind of late, but by chance, did anybody record that halftime Kings Fans tribute music video that played during the last game of the season against the Suns?

I looked back at our posts from that day, we were surprisingly subdued 
laugh.gif

I think we went a little more HAM on the day the BOG (I think, I can't even remember now) voted unanimously to recommend the Kings staying
Probably because it was all but official at that point.

Happy anniversary! Our day was partially shadowed by Jason Collins announcement.

Last edited:
I read most of the Deadspin article last night after Chris Daniels posted it. I had no idea Johnson had been accused of most of these things. I knew St. Hope was accused of improper accounting, but chalked that up to sloppy bookkeeping. If even some of these allegations are true, his political career is doomed outside of being a consultant at a high paying firm.

It's unfortunate if these are true since he's done so much for the city the past 3-4 years. I always had a sinking feeling given the political parties associated with the arena deal and the NBA that something was going on behind the scenes that we didn't want to know about but hope that's not true.

that part about how he had his personal lawyer contact Erik Jones (teacher) claiming that they were the counsel for St Hope to get to advise him to change his story about the allegations :smh:

I wonder if it's the same Mr. Erick Jones that was once one of my teachers while I was attending schools in the sacremento area :nerd:

Wasn't the St. Hope controversy due to a secretary that was embezzling money for her own personal gain?

The child molestation stuff, though |I

The timing of this seems suspicious since Milwaukee just announced they'll be staying with the new ownership group. I'm sure Chris Daniels has nothing to do with this.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 I actually thought it was a little more suspicious that its coming out so close to the final city council vote on Tuesday.

Oh well, this news release yesterday/today, it'll probably be buried over the weekend.

As the writer on StR wrote,the issues haven't prevent KJ from making it this far; but if he's gonna wanna make it further with his political career he is gonna have to put the issues to bed once and for all.

I always wondered, when people were saying KJ was going for senate or governor if they had known about the whole St. Hope allegations. 

:nerd:

I believe all this comes to light cause of the Sterling/Clippers thing since KJ is unofficially representing the player's union

laugh.gif
 I actually thought it was a little more suspicious that its coming out so close to the final city council vote on Tuesday.

Oh well, this news release yesterday/today, it'll probably be buried over the weekend.

As the writer on StR wrote,the issues haven't prevent KJ from making it this far; but if he's gonna wanna make it further with his political career he is gonna have to put the issues to bed once and for all.

I always wondered, when people were saying KJ was going for senate or governor if they had known about the whole St. Hope allegations. 
I was thinking it was more a revenge play since the Bucks were staying in Milwaukee and they were basically Seattle's final play for at least a couple years. "If we're not getting a team, let's burn this place down"!

I'm just surprised that with all of this in his background, KJ would be so bold with the Sterling situation knowing that in the political world, someone is always trying to dig up old dirt on you.

Back
Top Bottom