Sacramento Kings off-season thread

awesome atmosphere in the arena tonight.  Cousins is on a mission!

other than Cousins and Vasquez and maybe a little Isaiah, the team looked kind of crappy though.  lets hope some of those jumpers start to fall and maybe everything will go a little smoother. 

but John Salmons sucks, our SF position is a major problem..... and we could have had Iguodala 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Iguodala wasn't sure if he wanted to come here. I didn't want him, at least not for the asking price.

But I agree, salmons wasn't too sharp. Thornton was off, too. McLemore looked a little too excited but I'm sure he'll settle down on the nerves. I hope everybody minus boogie and Vasquez do the same.

Yea McLemore had some good looks. you gotta think those are going to fall on most nights.  he looked very active on Defense and well. this dude has a chance to be special for sure. i think he will play his way into the starting lineup by new years

and if he would have gotten that dunk in the first quarter 
nerd.gif

^if he had gotten that dunk in the 1st quarter I would have been upset because I was watching it on the tv while waiting in line for beers :lol:

Yeah, I feel like McLemore just got hit with the nerves tonight, he'll pick it up in a few games. Grievis impressed me. I definitely like his addition if we get that out of him consistently.

Salmons.. :rolleyes Nothing new there.

Why is MacCullum listed as inactive?

MacCullum was listed as inactive probably so we aren't carrying like 12 guards :lol:

As a team, the Kings shot 40%, so I'm not really too worried. That makes will come around, especially for McLemore, he looked fine to me out there. He was looking for his shot and whenever he put the ball on the floor his quickness was pretty evident.

The defense definitely looked good last night. Only giving up 88 points? That's a pretty good start. Especially considering the Nuggets were blowing by them in transition in the first half.

If last night is any indicator, Hayes minutes are going to be pretty limited in the future unless he's going to be the only backup option to Boogie. He looked way off and pretty slow with the new style the team is playing. I think Isaiah and McLemore are going to bring a nice spark to the team coming off the bench. Imagine Isaiah breaking down the defense and Ben hammering it down the middle.
eek.gif

Last edited:
I gotta be honest y'all

I was getting hella teary eyed during pregame intros. Made me realize how close we were to losing all this; regardless of how terrible out squad may be

me too. if anyone wasnt feeling that, they just aren't a true fan.  all the **** we've been through will just make it so sweet when this team gets back to the playoffs and then if they ever win a championship, oh man

Why is MacCullum listed as inactive?
because you can only have 12 guys suited up on game night.  so McCallum is the obvious choice to not have active since he wont get any playing time over Greivis and Isaiah

Last edited:
oh well, hate to say it but the guy is not going to be a big contributor on a winning team

Nice my brother and sister took a picture with Pete D'Allesandro. Both said he's a really nice guy, very down to earth. Good to know Nelson wasn't just talking him up :lol:

It was LIVE at Sleep Train last night. I thought it was a 2002 playoff game with the atmosphere. Man what a great game and win to kick off the new season/team/ownership/etc. I'll definitely be going to more games this season.

Patterson not receiving extension will be restricted fa next summer. Reading conflicting reports on Vasquez.

Edit: looks like a no.

Last edited:
no on Vasquez but also hearing they will match any offer he gets as a RFA next season

Back
Top Bottom