RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I noticed the Disneyland runs (Nov 2017) are open for registration now. Any of you guys signing up?

I signed up my nephew for the 5k run, holy crap it cost $80! Anyone take their kids to the 5k runs and how was it?

I want to try that it but I don't think I'll get out of Florida alive afterwards :lol:

~49 miles in 4 days, it's the back to back half and full marathon that's the killer, maybe in a couple of years I would be able to do it

Super Heroes Half Marathons open for registration now btw, gon' add the 5k to it this year since they do not have a crappy rubber medal for it anymore.

Last edited:
My January was under 130 miles, which is my lowest month since 2015, probably because I did a marathon in the middle (tapering prior), and have taken it pretty easy since then. I've also almost exclusively used my old Cliftons since the race, and they're at 820 miles now. Pretty sure they can get to at least 1,000, maybe more. Since I'm running slow, experimenting with heart rate science, I think I'll get more miles out of them without injuring myself.

I'm considering my first 50k with the Gold Rush 50k in May. Getting inspired to go farther by listening to the Trail Runner Nation podcast. Anyone else listen to them? They're based in Roseville/Folsom/Auburn area, so nearby to me too.

Last nights run...

So I finally ran in BOOST to see what the hype was about. As a running shoe, the Adios3 was decent, but I didn't vibe with them as well as I had hoped. The Ultra Boost aka "greatest running shoe ever" was a MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT for me. I ran in the 2.0s. They were super bouncy and felt unstable for me. I felt significant arch pain about a 1/2 mile in. I had to take a pit stop and switch to other shoes. I usually try to run through it, but pain was too unbareable for me. I only last one mile in them at a 7:40 pace. All in all, IMO, as a running shoe, the BOOST tech is all HYPE. So much for the "greatest running shoe ever" [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Today, I made the switch back to the SWOOSH and ran in these for the first time... I felt like I performed so much better in the FKRs than any of the BOOST shoes I tried.

Although, I'll be returning my unworn BOOST based shoes, I'll admit, as a casual shoe, the ULTRA BOOST is one of the comfiest shoes I've ever worn. adidas should change their pitch to the "greatest walking shoe ever" [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Last edited:
Any recommendations on running shorts?

I've always figured running shorts were all the same.

But I'm open to other opinions.
Is it worth investing in more expensive shorts?

I pretty much run in....Spalding....Nike...and Under Armour...

My Spring/Summer running gear is always different from my Fall/Winter.

I prefer to only wear Nike shorts, with the built in lining. It was weird at first and I didn't think I'd like it, but I can't go back now.

I only wear Nike aeroswift shorts now. Got a bunch of pairs that were samples. Cost me $19.99 each. Highly recommend them if you can get them for a good price

Well guys, I have plantar fasciitis. I have a 10k run at the end of the month.

Anybody got some rehab methods? I'm gonna take some ibuprofen in the morning and try to go for it.

I like Lululemons T.H.E. Short in the 9inch for the pockets and comfortable waist. SAXX brand just made some new shorts that look interesting as well. Definitely two higher priced brands, but something different. Lululemons can be found for around $40 in their clearance section.

the ball roll trick worked for me
I have a golf ball under my chair as we speak, and just roll while I'm doing work at home at night.  The other things help, but I don't ever remember to do them.  Usually, after about half a mile, any pain is gone.

That looks pretty nice to run in.  I had to use my Yaktrax for the first time to get through 6.5 miles of slush today.  And another 10 scheduled for tomorrow that should end right before another 12-15 inches of snow gets dumped on the area.

I noticed the Disneyland runs (Nov 2017) are open for registration now. Any of you guys signing up?

I signed up my nephew for the 5k run, holy crap it cost $80! Anyone take their kids to the 5k runs and how was it?
I live right across the street from Disneyland (socal). Every time theres a run/race the Anaheim PD shuts down the main streets. Looks like a lot of fun. A bunch of runners dress up in costumes. Always funny to watch people in costumes run down Harbor Blvd 
roll.gif
. I'm pretty sure the 5k route is all on Disneyland property. The longer races require you to run through the streets of Anaheim. 

Yeah, 5k is just inside both parks and 10k does go out but just right outside like running around DL and DCA. The half marathon goes all the way to Anaheim Stadium and back.

I have done the Star Wars Half Marathon's the last two years now. Best race atmosphere I've been around. I guess it also helps that I am a Star Wars fan to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom