RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Best looking Hoka they have ever made and for $115, won't hurt the pockets to try...

Last edited:
I'm surprised the LE made his list. I feel like I wouldn't be able to run in the LE Highs because the collar fit is unstable for me. My feel doesn't get a good lock down. However, I LOVE wearing them for work!

I've had my eyes on the Clifton3s for a while now. Hopefully, I can grab a pair soon.

Last edited:
I've had my eyes on the Clifton3s for a while now. Hopefully, I can grab a pair soon.
Do it. Lots of cheap pairs on eBay. Just wore mine for the Redding marathon and they worked great. I've been wearing the OGs lately and they feel flat now. Still trying to get them to 1,000 miles though! I already have almost 300 on the 3s

Today's run...

Late pics from the Star Wars Half Marathon last weekend. Already looking forward to The Dark Side in April.

Running The SF Marathon this year after doing each half the last two years.

Rotation for me this year:

Clifton 1
Pegasus 31

Very nice! Grats!

You got a bit lucky the rain ended on Friday, it was suppose to be the whole weekend.

Last edited:
Finally feeling BOOST in the performance realm :smokin

I'm considering the mi adi versions, but they're $170... :x Plus, you can't return them if something's wrong :smh:

recommendation for flat footed running shoes? 

You can check out sole review. I'm flat footed. In the past two years, I've used the Brooks Beast, Kayano 21 and Clifton One Three. The Brooks are a safe bet but they're bulky. Cliftons have A LOT of cushion. I'm not particularly impressed with them. They seem too spongey and not a low enough ride.

There's a review of the latest Beast on Sole Review and they provide alternatives. Or you can go to a dedicated running store.

Has anyone tried metabolic efficiency training? If so, did it work? I am thinking about signing up for my first 50k, and the race website details referred me to the trailrunnernation webcast, with a reference to info from this article:
http://www.eat4fitness.com/articles/Metabolic_Efficiency_Training.pdf

I'm thinking about trying this as a base, which would involve a slightly different diet and a lot more SLOW running. But if the end result is burning more fat than carbs, and pushing back the bonking wall during a race, I'm all for that!

Has anyone tried metabolic efficiency training? If so, did it work? I am thinking about signing up for my first 50k, and the race website details referred me to the trailrunnernation webcast, with a reference to info from this article:
http://www.eat4fitness.com/articles/Metabolic_Efficiency_Training.pdf

I'm thinking about trying this as a base, which would involve a slightly different diet and a lot more SLOW running. But if the end result is burning more fat than carbs, and pushing back the bonking wall during a race, I'm all for that!
I skimmed this - it seems very interesting.  I just lack the dietary discipline to do it.  Keep us posted!

Picked up some LE highs for $79 at the outlets today.

Going to add them to my rotation this year along with

Clifton 1
Peg 31
NB Vazee Pave V2
NB 880v6

After running 60mi in the Adios3s, I prefer the Zoom in the FKR over the Boost on these. Let's see how the UB2s perform next... :nerd:

Pace is almost back to where it was... :smokin

My 12th consecutive 100mi month streak ended today... :frown: I only logged 70mi this month. :smh:

I ran just enough today to crack 100 for the month (100.2) - I'd fallen short in November and December, so it felt nice to get back up there.

Tonight's run...fell short 3km to finish 168 for the month. Need to average that to run 2017 km for the year. Will have to make it up in feb...

Back
Top Bottom