RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Anyone have the LunarEpic in their rotation? Any size tips? Nike says to go up half a size for a roomier fit but is this necessary? Don't want to lose lockdown by going up in size.

I think general consensus is half a size up from the LunarEpic thread but if you buy the mids/highs, it comes with an extra thicker insole so if it's too losse you can replace it for a closer fit.

Ah ok, extra insole probably seals it. Just waiting for NDC EU to give a code for extra discount off sale and I'll jump on it.

Recently got into running, start of this year, and quickly learnt with jarring aches and pains that 1 pair of runners isn't going to cut it!

I'm slow as hell compared to you guys in here. Slow running is better than not running though I guess :\. I used to run 4 times a week (usually 3 miles or more) before I landed my new job. Stopped completely due to work/life but I'm slowly working my way back.

Last edited:
I wear my lunarepics lows true to size. You may want to try the mids and the lows first before committing.

I tried the mids and found the sock liner irritating my Achilles. Some have this issue. Others not so much.

Either way, it's a great shoe to run in.

Good luck

I'm slow as hell compared to you guys in here. Slow running is better than not running though I guess :\. I used to run 4 times a week (usually 3 miles or more) before I landed my new job. Stopped completely due to work/life but I'm slowly working my way back.

Welcome back to running!!!
You can always build towards speed. Running again is better than not at all.

Yeah I'm in the same boat lol I do a 20 min run and I am laid out at home hahaha...but good to see others are ahead of me. Something to strive for.

Yesterday's run...

Yesterday's run. Think if I keep up with this thread it will motivate me to continue. Are you using the Nike Run Club app? Trying to figure out how to create the "cool" run summary like yours and instead of a boring circle around the track summary....

click on that "share your run" box and it'll give you options to edit it

then in the end it'll save it on your picture roll

Today's run.

Pretty lucky to be able to around the Disneyland area. Nice scenary.

Last edited:

This was a rough one today, but getting stronger for spring races happens in the winter.

So for those living in cali, we going through a big storm and I think it's going to last until next week which is my first run in years. (Small 10k)

So this being my first run in the rain, any tips for me? Shoes I should stay away from, clothing I should use, gloves, other accessories, swim goggles ?

Nike has shoes that are made to help with bad weather, they are more for snow I believe (not sure), but they help with water. I have no idea about other brands, sure they do also

Next week I find out if I got selected for the NYC marathon, anyone else sign up? I really, really hope I get in and have been worrying that I won't :frown:. Saw less than 25% of people that entered last year got in..

Nike Shield shoes are made for inclement weather, for pretty much any Nikes you run in, I'd check those out. Almost all running shoes offers a similar version too but I am not familiar with those so I'd let other chime in.

Rainproof hats with a brim and moisture wicking clothes along with wicking socks. Some shades too 9little to no tint) if you think the rain might bother your vision. I live in SoCal too and I personally wouldn't need gloves but it's really up to you and your cold tolerance, at least those tends to be cheap (check the outlets and Ross/Marshalls).

Also get one of those thin, packable jackets like the Salomon Fast Wing or New Balance Lite Packable (vid below), it packs nicely to a tiny bag that is easy to carry and deploy once it starts raining.

All of these could get real pricey so look for sale (this coming weeked Nike outlets has a 30% off pass so check your email if you're a Nike+ member) so make sure rain is imminent before making the plunge or at least don't throw away your tag/receipt in case you need to return.

Best of luck!

Here in MA, I have a pair of the Peg 31 Shields which have served me very well year-round.  Having one pair like that in your rotation is a good investment. Although, after a certain point, no shoes will help you (I ran a half marathon in driving rain in October, and it was basically 8 miles of squish-squish-squish).

Anti-blister socks are helpful to avoid too much friction.  And gloves may be good for the start - if you can get a cheap pair on knit gloves ($2-3), you may want to grab them and them throw them away at a water stop if you need to.  And maybe just wear a trash bag with a hole cut out for your head for the corral.  Once you get 10 minutes into the race, you'll barely notice the weather at all, unless it's REAL bad.

Of course, *my* real bad and *your* real bad could differ greatly.

Yeah I live in northern cali and we've only had 4 dry days so far this month. Thanks everyone for the help, I'm gonna look for some anti friction socks.

I'm up in NorCal as well. I got used to runnng in rain when I did CIM in 2012. Rain isn't that big of a deal if you just plan to throw everything into the washer and dryer afterwards. Pro tip - don't machine dry anything flyknit :frown:.
I like to wear a hooded waterproof jacket to cover my headphones, and if you wear a hat under the hood and cinch the hood, you have pretty good face protection and the hood doesn't get in the way of visibility.
But if you're running a race, don't dress for weather, dress for the temperature. Getting wet will be inevitable. Just wear a disposable trash bag (not kidding) up until it's time to start, and then throw it away at the start.

As for my current runs, I've been trying out this heart rate and metabolic efficiency training stuff, keeping every run in February nice and slow, but my diet hasn't been good. Still hoping to get some aerobic benefits, but I'm sure it could be better.
Oh, and my Cliftons are almost to 900 miles...

Info on that training/regimen? I want to try, but, at the same time, I don't want to mess up my all time pace average [emoji]128517[/emoji]

http://www.eat4fitness.com/articles/Metabolic_Efficiency_Training.pdf

There are a lot of different views on it, especially after just googling "aerobic base training" but generally it sounds like diet is the biggest part. Stay away from grain-based carbs during this time, eat plenty of vegetables and saturated fats, and, to the detriment of your alltime average pace, put in a lot of really slow running. I've been keeping my heart rate around 110-120 as much as I can, and although I can occasionally get a 9-minute mile, I'm usually around 10:30-11:30 per mile. I think once March comes around, I'll keep a few slow runs per week, but get back to some interval workouts too.

Did speed class @ 6 min/km pace group with NRC today.

2 x 400m @ 1 mile pace
2 x 1200m @ 10 km pace
2 x 400m @ 1 mile pace

Ran 2km to and from the track. Kicked my ***. Accidentally stopped my Nike Apple Watch so the total run is recorded in 2 sections.

Back
Top Bottom