RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

How many marathons have you done to hit the sub 3 mark? I was pacing sub 8 and going to hit my goal of 3:30 until mile 20 just absolutely took me out

Was this your first?

Your time + story is almost exactly the same as my first marathon. First 20 miles felt better than expected at sub 8 and then just blew up in the last six and finished in the 3:40s.

How are you feeling today?

checking in with the weekend marathon too
1728344280725.png
Under 7 per mile for 26 ****en miles…..GEEZ!!

That's what I was thinking, insane pace.

I got covid back at the end of July, and I feel like my lungs/cardio fitness are still not back to normal. It freaking sucks. Have any of you had to deal with that?

Was this your first?

Your time + story is almost exactly the same as my first marathon. First 20 miles felt better than expected at sub 8 and then just blew up in the last six and finished in the 3:40s.

How are you feeling today?

Yup was my first. Probably put in 6 months of running leading up. Besides half marathon my only long runs before the full was one 16.5 miler and one 20 miler.

Yup was my first. Probably put in 6 months of running leading up. Besides half marathon my only long runs before the full was one 16.5 miler and one 20 miler.
Damn, I’m doing NYC next month and I hit 20, 22 and have another 22 before starting to taper off.

How many marathons have you done to hit the sub 3 mark? I was pacing sub 8 and going to hit my goal of 3:30 until mile 20 just absolutely took me out

picked up running in 2018 doing a few runs a month before getting more serious about in 2019 with the intention to cross "running a marathon" off my bucket list but got hooked and been on the runners high ever since

-first marathon in '19 finishing LA in 4:27
-second marathon in '20 right before covid shut the world down finishing LA in 3:35
-third marathon this past weekend finishing Long Beach sub 3

have done a few half marathons in between (recently PR'd with 1:23 earlier in May) and i fully credit the pandemic for me getting my time down due to the consistency of getting my miles in. best advice i can give to most is to truly take your runs easy and not worry about the pace. as cliche as it sounds, running truly is a marathon and you only get better from there so the low HR/zone 2 type of training is the best way to get faster, have longevity in the sport and most importantly, enjoy running

I’m really struggling with this HR zone thing. I usually run 3-5 miles at a time and feel like I’m stuck at a 8:45 pace for two years now. How do you guys calculate your max heart rate and what percentage of that do you train in?

I’m really struggling with this HR zone thing. I usually run 3-5 miles at a time and feel like I’m stuck at a 8:45 pace for two years now. How do you guys calculate your max heart rate and what percentage of that do you train in?

personally use my watch (polar grit x pro) and go off what it uses for the different zones BUT i use that as a base/guideline. generally go off how my body is feeling instead of being to worked up about hitting certain numbers

personally use my watch (polar grit x pro) and go off what it uses for the different zones BUT i use that as a base/guideline. generally go off how my body is feeling instead of being to worked up about hitting certain numbers
I tried to stay at the high end of zone 2 and it felt like I was walking. Also thinking my max is higher than the typical age-based calculations. Or my Apple watch just isn’t accurate for hr. I know just getting the miles in is the most important thing, but I’d like to make some sory of progress.

My longest run was 10 miles and I was like that’s enough :lol:

Did my first marathon and at mile 18-19 my foot gave out. Had to run/ walk the rest in pain. But still happy as my training was crap. LA I will take much more serious.

Back
Top Bottom