RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Just a heads up, I went to the Nike store in downtown Chicago and every employee is giving away cards good for 20% off everything instore.

I bought a pair of all black flyknit racers, they felt really different when I tried them on. Going to give them a test run and returning if they aren't for me. I also tried to get those new flyknit shirts but they weren't even displayed :smh:, I asked employees if they were in the back and they said no. Asked if I could order them in store at checkout and was denied, but gave them the sku number and they actually had the grey long sleeve in the back :pimp:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Did this earlier, have barely ran since September and doing only 4 milers here and there, but was forced to do this :lol:. Drove to the lakefront to try out the racers and after deciding to switch back to my other shoes after a while, I got locked out of my car accidentally. Ran home and back, felt so good the whole time :pimp:

Last edited:
Well, no Boston bib for me for 2017, but I decided on a new goal.  There's a site called City Strides that will track you and the streets you run, so I've set a goal to run every street in my town for 2017.  There are 648 of them.  I think this will be an interesting challenge.

Is the only way to run Boston through a time qualifier?
No, you can also try and get in through a charity (but I think the minimum amount to raise is $5,000), or, in my case, my running club gets 12 "bypass waivers" that we apply for.  My application was not chosen.  Last year, they held a raffle for the final waiver, which I was lucky enough to win.

My age-group qualifying time is 3.15 - and I don't have a prayer of hitting it.

I want to run outdoors but I know some days my running technique sucks.

I tried running with a midstrike an I end up slamming my heels.

I feel way my comfortable landing on the ball of my foot and progressively landing the rest of my foot. Occasionally when I do this I feel like my ankle whobles and don't want to risk rolling them.

Helps brethern

If you guys aren't following Jeff Dengate on instagram you totally should. He's doing 365 different shoes for 2017 with a new post everyday after runs.

He's already used Hoka and Altra, two brands I'm not entirely familiar with but after research seem to have a strong following. Anybody familiar?

Hitting me really hard that I'm running Boston this year. Since the calendar changed I've kind of panicked a little, I'm on track with my training plan, and I will be slower than death chained to a stump, but I'm finishing no matter what and getting a ton raised for the charity in the meantime.

Here's my first run of 2017 (and in nine days from having the flu (and in BOOST)). I was breathing hard, felt wobbly and was coughing throughout the run... I'm definitely not proud of my pace, but I'm proud I that I refused to stop through it all. I know my pace will be back in the low 7s soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom